This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JW1

Norwich/Norfolk Window Cleaning Enquiry
« on: August 11, 2007, 03:23:50 pm »
I have a decent trad round in the Buckingham area, and may be moving back to Norwich soon.

Can anyone from the area let me know how feasible it would be for me to gradually build a new round in the East Norwich area by door-knocking and leaflet drops etc. I would be looking at Acle, Blofield, Brundall, Lingwood, Plumstead, Upton etc

I would NOT want to step on anyone elses toes, and would make that VERY clear when making contact with potential new customers.

I'm just wondering how difficult it would be to start up there.  I'm guessing that prices would be around half what I'm used to.. I could cope with that.

I'm more unsure whether clean windows isn't as high a priority than perhaps I am used to (choosing words carefully, so as not to sound prejudicial)

I am not 'dissing' the area, have lived there a large chunk of my life, but it was before I left the rat race and became a window cleaner.

Are there too few / too many window cleaners in the area already?

This request may leave me open to abuse, so I am hoping there are some helpful people reading that can offer some useful advice.

Just to be clear, I WOULD NOT be poaching any elses business

Cheers

Jon

Phil Mitchell

Re: Norwich/Norfolk Window Cleaning Enquiry
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 04:06:43 pm »
Hi Jon
I cover South Norfolk and at the moment theres window cleaners everywhere. I hope this isnt the case around the Acle area otherwise you may struggle.
A friend who lives in Acle has mentioned to me hes seen cleaners about but never WFP and as yet no one has knocked on his door.
I guess you will just have to give it a go so good luck!

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 06:22:43 pm »
Hey Phil

Where in south Norfolk do you cover. Im always being asked to clean windows out of my area. Maybe I could pass these on to you.

Bob
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 09:59:05 pm »
Hey Phil

Where in south Norfolk do you cover. Im always being asked to clean windows out of my area. Maybe I could pass these on to you.

Bob

Bob

Phil's half way between me and the city

I think he needs some more work he seems to have far to much time off  ;D

Chris

Ps Phil not watched the DVD yet  ::)

Phil Mitchell

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 05:55:32 am »
Hi Bob
Chris is spot on, I do seem to have alot of spare time. Any more work would be great so give us a bell on 01508 536850 whenever.
Had 3 cleaners start in as many weeks round here so either their soaking up all the crap us others have got rid of or I'm missing out on lots of work!
I cover the area between Norwich and Eye, to the east i go as far as Woodton,Topcroft etc and to the west Bunwell,Tacleston etc. Where are you then Bob?
Hey Chris, remember I spoke to you about 121 computers?, well there right opposite your close. They still want me to clean but I feel abit bad as its so close to you :( Sorry to sound like a big softy just don't want to upset anyone.
Phil

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 08:58:19 am »
Phil

Sorry to disappoint you but I have already done this job.

Its a big job 121, it took me 6 hrs to do the build clean on that glass in & out plus the offices, mind they are a bit slow on payment

Chris

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 09:00:26 am »
Sorry Jon we seem to have hijacked your thread

JW1

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 09:41:14 am »
No probs

Any other opinions on the matter would be gratefully received

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 10:30:04 am »
Jon I personally find Norfolk & suffolk V.good areas to work in ... maybe the new home counties lol

Phil Mitchell

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 02:38:17 pm »
Glad you got the job Chris, saves any problems eh! Keep well

herbiefatboy

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 08:13:24 pm »
hi i do a lot of work in those areas  and there must be 4  or 5 other window cleaners around hope  this helps

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 08:33:05 pm »
Hey Phil

I cover the areas surrounding Loddon.

If I know of anyone in your area that need cleaning I will contact you.

Bob
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

JW1

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 08:47:54 pm »
My current round is in a much smaller area and I regularly see/speak to at least 5 or 6 other local window cleaners, and there still seems to be plenty of work.

I am hoping that there are enough customers to go round there as well, what do you think?

I guess I can only suck it and see.  I will avoid more competitive parts (housing developments, shop fronts etc)

djhaydn

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 05:50:38 pm »
 hey bob, isnt that funny we cover the same area.....lol.
cheers for the new one today, she is putting it on the market ,but ill still clean it, god knows when it was last done, they are filthy, dirt coloured...lol. you need to tell me exactly where you cover so i can return the favour if they aint where i go, nice ad in the post office, you got much out of it? i got a couple, so the ad has paid for its self already.
phil i had a little round in wooton, but i knocked it on the head, to much hassle to get money, your welcome to it. i had a few calls for the denton area just down the road from wooton, if i had of known of you i would of put them on to you, send me your number via my email,, (djhaydn@tiscali.co.uk) and any more enquiries ill put your way.

Haydn

newbroom

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2007, 07:00:48 pm »
Hi Jon,

Norfolk is an expanding market, there is 35,000 new homes coming Norwich in the not too distant future more work than you can shake wfp at

Phil Mitchell

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 07:21:53 am »
Thanks Bob and I'll do the same for you  :)
Nice area Loddon

JW1

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007, 07:59:19 am »
Cheers to all those who offered advice