This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SonOfFormby

Starting Out Questions
« on: August 11, 2007, 12:28:17 pm »
Hi again all,so my friend and I are looking into buying £1500 a month income for £4000 (all residential and quite close together),does this sound ok?? also we want to get a new van and system,How did you all do it? lease van and WFP system,(are there issues with waterproofing and installing WFP system in a leased vehicle),or buy older van and get new system fitted separately, or are there any other options that you are able to do to keep the cost of van and equipment at a level so I can pay back loan/lease without stretching myself too much. Thanks in advance.

Lee

SonOfFormby

Re: Starting Out Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 08:47:41 pm »
We're looking to spend 5K may be able to push to 6K max for van and system.I have found a water system online for about £2500 (website is windowcleaningsystems.co.uk) that includes everything,waterproofing, fitting, VAT etc... only draw back is they're in Bristol and I'm in Eastbourne, hopefully they could do it same day,as I would be willing to travel if this is a good deal.The £1500 divides into around 140-150 calls,so averaging about a tenner per property.Im going out with the seller Monday to assess the properties for suitability for WFP as opposed to traditional,as at the moment they are all cleaned traditionally.

Lee

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 08:53:10 pm »
If they are all currently cleaned trad and you intend to use wfp you must allow for some custys wanting to cancel
Also I bought a astra van for £450 and fitted my own 400 ltr wfp for £900 ish from purefreedom

SonOfFormby

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 08:26:26 am »
What sort of van do you use and why,I want to put a 400-650 litre tank in, so I assume that limits my choice ,any suggestions,most reliable,economic,accessible (sliding side doors etc)...

Thanks

Lee

Davew

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 08:42:55 am »
If you go to 650litres that already starts to limit your van size. You are then starting to look at a van with around 900kg payload such as the older expert/despatch/scudo range as the smallest you can realistically use. Then your weight carrying capacity will still vary depending on which engine you choose.

SonOfFormby

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 10:23:30 am »
So what is the biggest tank you can fit in a small van,caddy,berlingo etc....400ltr...? I see these bigger vans are quite a bit more expensive ;D

Lee

SonOfFormby

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 10:27:01 am »
Has anyone checked out, or know anything about these people in Bristol who supply and fit for £2500?

Davew

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 01:11:09 pm »
Lee you need to work out your likely payload, something like the weight of your tank + water (1 litre = 1 kg) the weight of you, your passenger, a tank full of fuel, your poles, your ro unit - if on board, your dionizing vessel when full, hosereels (full) and ladders if carried + roofrack and any other kit this should give you some idea of the load capacity of the van you need. Many suppliers should have a good idea of what you want.

SonOfFormby

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 05:24:24 pm »
Thanks Dave

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 05:38:39 pm »
Lee:

One of my blokes has an astravan with a 400l tank in it.  With the tank full, half a tank of fuel and all his equipment and himself in the van, there's about 50-75 kilo capacity to spare, so you can't have this size van and two people and 400l system.

You could do your own installation: Protectakote/tank/pump&varistream/battery/poles and have a static RO and 1000l tank in your shed with a transfer pump to fill your van tank

Everything you need is available on line, including 2nd hand 1000l tank and 300gpd RO from RO-man.

Total cost about £1,500

What about the size of your business?  £1500 per month between two of you works out at about £187.50 each per week.

You're going to need a lot more than that!!!

Cheers,

Ian

brightnclean

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 05:51:57 pm »
I agree totally with Ian Lancaster.

1..  No way can you legally carry a full 400 ltr 2 man system in a van with 600 kg total payload.

2..  You will need A LOT more work to make it viable. The price seems OK if the work is good but the average of £10 ish a clean makes me think its underpriced. If its nothing but semis at that price its decent but looking at my average price per clean taking into account all the different size properties it will be underpriced work.

NWH

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 06:38:47 pm »
SonofFormby ring me i`ll sort you out 01424732954.

Spiceworld

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 11:11:37 pm »
NWH - Are you selling a round? Let me know if you are.

Cheers Richard

PS I still want to meet up with you sometime soon to try out your system.

NWH

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 11:29:16 pm »
No i`m not selling a round,your quiet welcome to come out with me for the day or morning.

Spiceworld

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 11:31:07 pm »
Cheers just let me know where and when.

Richard

NWH

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 11:33:59 pm »
Remind me sometime on here tomorrow,i`m working in bexhill this week so you can meet me there somewhere.

Spiceworld

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 11:48:11 pm »
Ok i come to Bexhill on a Monday so if not tomorrow maybe next week.

SonOfFormby

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 12:58:11 pm »
Lee:

One of my blokes has an astravan with a 400l tank in it.  With the tank full, half a tank of fuel and all his equipment and himself in the van, there's about 50-75 kilo capacity to spare, so you can't have this size van and two people and 400l system.

You could do your own installation: Protectakote/tank/pump&varistream/battery/poles and have a static RO and 1000l tank in your shed with a transfer pump to fill your van tank

Everything you need is available on line, including 2nd hand 1000l tank and 300gpd RO from RO-man.

Total cost about £1,500

What about the size of your business?  £1500 per month between two of you works out at about £187.50 each per week.

You're going to need a lot more than that!!!

Cheers,

Ian

Thanks for the answers Ian.The £1500 is new business to add to the £2700 my friend already has,and we intend to build on this too...you're right about the £187.50 a week tho....I have a wife and 3 children!!!

PS if I have a 1000ltr tank at home,what tank would you suggest in the van, will 250ltr be enough as most work is local to my house?

Lee

SonOfFormby

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 01:00:51 pm »
SonofFormby ring me i`ll sort you out 01424732954.
Thanks NWH,just saw this today,will try to ring you today or tonight some time.

Lee

SonOfFormby

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 01:07:42 pm »
The place in Bristol also has 'ready to go' 2nd hand vans with new WFP systems installed,heres a couple,how do they sound price wise?

£4995 ( £5495 with built in RO)

Fiat Scudo 1.9 D 1998 90k FSH 12 months MOT Mint 400L TANK

- 100 PSI shurflow 12v water delivery pumps 4L/min

-  8L DI filter resin vessel

- Digital Inline TDS meter enables you to read the PPM after Merlin and Resin filtration, and lets you know when to renew resin and filters

- Merlin 720 GPD Reverse Osmosis System. We feel this is the best RO system as is just as good as a 40in RO membrane but without the expense of the membranes, which costs hundreds to replace

- Metal Hose reel with 100m Micro bore anti kink hose, Fitted with metal airlock fittings for the poles

- 24 ft pole (we can supply any additional poles please call for a quote)

- Protective Coated floor (makes floor water proof and protects from rust)

- All fitted with John Guest fittings (not hozelock)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

£5700

Fiat Doblo 2001/Y 1.9d 40k FSH green

Fitted with Brand new WCS option 1**

400L Upright Tank with steel cage
Ro Merlin 4000LPD
26ft Glass Fibre Pole

2- 8 Litre DI resin Barrels

100 PSI Pump

External ports
Inline TDS Meter
100 metre microbore hose on metal reel
All fitted with metal John Guest fittings

System never used

WCS Option 1 (2 di option, most recommended)
- 100 PSI shurflow 12v water delivery pumps 7L/min

- Variable Flow Controller Eliminates the risk of the pumps pressure switch breaking and control the flow of water you are using

- 2- 8L DI filter resin vessels (benefit of 2 resin barrels is that when your resin runs out with out noticing, is wont matter as you will have a secondary barrel and completely eliminates the risk of leaving spotting)

- Digital Inline TDS meter enables you to read the PPM after Merlin and Resin filtration, and lets you know when to renew resin and filters

- Merlin 720 GPD Reverse Osmosis System. We feel this is the best RO system as is just as good as a 40in RO membrane but without the expense of the membranes, which costs hundreds to replace

- Metal Hose reel with 100m Micro bore anti kink hose, Fitted with metal airlock fittings for the poles

- 24 ft pole (we can supply any additional poles please call for a quote)

- Protective Coated floor, you can choose any clolour you would like (makes floor water proof and protects from rust)

- All fitted with John Guest fittings (not hozelock)

- 2 inch steel cage bolted to steel plates under the floor and to chassis where possible, colour coded with the colour of your choice for the floor

Lee