This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

Tie Wraps For Modular Poles
« on: August 11, 2007, 10:22:48 am »

What do you fella`s that use modular fishing poles use for keeping your water supply
Tube close and neat to the pole especially when working at heights over say 30 foot?
As I recall the type of thing I mean is what Alex Gardiner used to ( or still does) supply.I`ve looked on their web site but can`t find anything.I`m planning on going
Over to Algarde full time so plastic tie wraps are no good.Thanks for replies in advance.

Lewis Doubtfire Gleem Clean ( The Blade Runner )
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

Jeff Brimble

Re: Tie Wraps For Modular Poles
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 10:49:52 am »
My "Magic knot"
Hold the tube between finger and thumb and twist 180 degrees to give the magic half Knot, fit over the goose neck/elbow as an anchor point , then just twist the pole a few times to wrap the hose round and hold with your finger at the base. The magic knot can be done anywhere on the pole if your going up high, as you dissasemble the knot falls off. Doesnt work at height with telescopic poles.
Try it.

Count Phil

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 04:55:47 pm »
I bought some velcro ties on ebay and glued  them to the pole. Get 20cm ones. Then just velcro the tube tight. It works well. It also helps to twist the pole so the hose stays snug to the pole.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 06:09:03 pm »
Does it stop them stacking or maybe you just wrap them near the base of each section ? in practice I found you only need a couple ? got mine in Woolies and B&Q. I suppose its also easier to wrap them as a group for moving around ?

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 07:07:01 pm »

Sorry fella`s I`m `double beat` with it.If I was a sailor and could tie knots I`d be oaky.
I`ll try Philips way for starters and get some Velcro.
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 08:36:50 pm »
This site wont post immage shack pics so its posted over on the Academy forum

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 09:20:07 pm »
I dont use ties for the hose I just wrap the hose around and around the pole itself

Chris

NWH

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 09:57:47 pm »
You can get away with only 2 velcro straps on about 30ft of modular.

Davew

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 10:08:57 pm »
I only velcro the top section and maybe twist the pole a couple of times if I want it tidy that way I can drop the sections instantly as I reduce length.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 06:48:05 pm »
I've just bought a 40ft pole from a fishing tackle dealer in Scotland, (it wasn't for me, so I haven't got the invoice and I can't remember who they are :-[, but I think Jeff Brimble has dealt with them?).  It came with a simple aluminium gooseneck, just a length of tube bent to the right angle and with a screw cone cemented in the end, and then the other end slips over the top of the upper pole section.

So:

What's wrong with drilling a hole in the gooseneck and passing the pole hose down through the pole?  You just need to feed the hose through each section as you add it to the pole.  There you have it: internal  pole hose just like a telescopic one.

Or is there something I've missed?

Cheers,

Ian

Davew

Re: Tie Wraps For Modular Poles New
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 08:31:42 pm »
Um you would need a free end to pass through the tube so no valve. I really don't have a problem with it - in fact I prefer the hose on the outside. :)

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 08:37:40 pm »
Hello Ian,
Alan from hamilton Anglers Emporium, no site yet.

Internal with modular is ok in theory but not in practice and to a certain extent telescopic. Yes it would be easy to drill the alu, but you would have to fold each section Z fashion or disconnect the hose and remove it for each job finish. The ability to lift the top section/brush off the pole and use in your hand or on a shorter pole is paramount with any pole. If you use true microbore supple hose 4mmID and 6mmID its really no problem to wrap round the pole and is faster.
Most of the guys in Holland use outside the pole hose.