Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

/ New
« on: August 10, 2007, 10:13:15 pm »
g

Captain Scarlet

Re: GOOSE neck or no goose neck you decide
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 10:17:37 pm »
well you have no option really if the window is 2 ft inside the building, get a Gardiners gooseneck, it will fit the thread and can be removed when needed, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 10:19:53 pm »
I've always used a goose neck never had a problem with access

pjulk

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 10:21:17 pm »
I have both goosenecks and angle adapters.
The only thing with angle adapters is you may have a slight problem with some properties with deep sills.

If you only use one pole i would say get a gooseneck

Paul

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 10:32:12 pm »
hi i do loads of domestic with a gooseneck i used to use an angle adaptor in the first year of wfp but then bought a powerpole it has a standard gooseneck and from then on i have never changed.

pjulk

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 10:58:13 pm »
was told today to stay away from goose neck if doing domestic.

He don't know what he is talking about most of my work is domestic and mostly i use a gooseneck.

Paul

brightnclean

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 11:04:48 pm »
I think whoever told you this is spot on..

Maybe its what you get used to so if you start out with a gooseneck then you pretty much bear with it. On high work yes a gooseneck can help a lot but on the vast majority of my work I find them a real pain (Scuse the pun) :)  I carry a spare angle adaptor in my pocket and stick it on when I have say a deep set back window to do but then I take it straight off again.

3 years looking and you still know B+gger all? Ever seen that woman that walks into the shop in Open all hours and can never make her mind up?  lol

Anyway in all honesty whatever questions you ask here you will get differing opinions.  lol @  dvd to watch!!!  It AINT rocket science.

I recently took on an employee and even though he is Polish he could get his head round the fact that gravity pulls downwards. Brush.. rinse well and dont try to do rotten wooden frames or ali frames that have oxidised white coating on them.  Ther ya go.. difficult isnt it?  NOT!!  

Too much BS goes on around WFP. keep the TDS of your water to zero or very near to it..  Scrub then rinse thoroughly and Bobs yer ££ makin man.  ;)

Majestic

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 11:18:38 pm »
Hi Ian
Glad to see that you have found the forum ,hope you are up and about now. have a look at this clip

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html

You can find more information on the gardiners  site

edd

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 11:40:50 pm »
brightnclean dude thats sums it up nice EDD

jouk45

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 12:40:24 am »
a gardiners gooseneck is the best, o and did you know it takes a plastic angle adaptor, for to ajust the gooseneck, a lot of folk on here dont know that,  money well spent  ;D

neil100

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 08:35:44 am »
If you have the room to carry 2 poles then get a pole with a fixed gooseneck and a pole with the plastic adaptle gooseneck.

I preffer the plastic adaptable gooseneck as I clean domestic propertys and I continually adjust the angle for the brush. IE for a velux window or doing a side window on a house where you have to stand directly beneath the window because their is a fence panel behind you.

I bought a Gazza brush and when he supplied them he added an extension cone to the angle adapter so you can get the brush over deep sills very easily.

Nel

jouk45

brightnclean

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 01:42:53 pm »
Nice vid Jouk.

If you were in a tight walkway or ay near a fence you would really struggle with a gooseneck. I am the same as Nel. I do have a pole with a gooseneck but for by far the majority of my work I use the angle adaptor. I've tried it with a gooseneck and pretty quickly gave up.

Heres links to 2 pics  one has a gooseneck and one the angle adaptor. The angle adaptor screws onto the top of the pole and then you screw the brush onto it.

http://www.acejanitorial.co.uk/images/products/P0597.JPG     < Angle adaptor

http://www.acejanitorial.co.uk/images/products/P0007.JPG  < Gooseneck

Davew

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 09:03:18 pm »
I have both but prefer the adjustable plastic for the majority of the time. If your stretching over conservatories or working at low angles then a fixed gooseneck is the wrong angle, same if you want to wash a gutter from underneath. If you have a lot of high level work then the fixed version is ideal in my humble opinion.