This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Art

Re: do you have a website???
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2007, 07:47:32 am »
Try putting some prices up

Art

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2007, 11:32:00 am »
The prices start from £49 a year.
(I have given a page to someone free like I said I would) I will post the page on the thread when it is designed, just waiting for there details to be sent over)

Do you have a website? reply with your website address please.

Yes, i have a site which is on page one of google at the moment for several search terms.

So what  do you get for £49 a year?

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2007, 12:10:21 pm »
I'm 3 quarters of the way through building www.avondhucleaning.com
Any tips on how to get better search engine rankings would be appreciated!
I still have to put in meta tags etc and tidy it up,.. but you get the idea!

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2007, 12:38:47 pm »
hi there,

if you have a site thats very good, if it works for you then thats great, if you have to much work and dont want to expand thats your choice as its your business, if on the other hand someone did want to expand a website is a very good tool, as not everyone is going to know your contact number or company name a website has far more details than a leaflet this is where search engines come into it as people will search in the area they are looking for and will use the first page.
Please answer me why someone would laugh at you if you asked them to go on there site, I have asked many companies including very lrage ones and they said yes to me and have to add them shortly to my own. I used to do marketing as a job hence why I am enthusiastic about web design :) ITS A FANTASTIC METHOD IN MY EYES :)

mick sams

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2007, 12:54:04 pm »
hi my web site is www.shopwindowcleaning.co.uk not been running long,but i think is a useful tool to my business

supernova77

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2007, 01:31:37 pm »
Ian,

Give it a rest mate... Are you a window cleaner or a website designer? I can't really tell from your site as its all a bit cluttered!

Andy

nat

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2007, 01:34:18 pm »
I think he may be a plumber :)

AJ

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2007, 05:07:54 pm »
www.regencycleaning.com interested to see what a professional thinks of my site.
Cheers

niceandclean

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2007, 06:06:49 pm »
And he sells rounds as well!!

gordonswindows

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2007, 07:30:56 pm »
mmmmh i can have a website for £59.99 for a year including domain etc.

For a perfectionist you have far to many mistakes on your site.

Your site,, the flagship for your sales pitch is littered with mistakes, either you don't take the care with it or you rushed in your hurry to get the sales.

If your own site has mistakes what would mine be like?

As a jack of all trades you really do master none.

And being top of a search list is not the right place to be.Don't believe me? try a poll

I am sure many are like me and click on second or third on any search results because we do not have faith in the first one cos the site has been manipulated to be there.We do not trust them

Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

mark dew

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2007, 09:36:10 pm »
as my proof reader is not answering the phone.

Have you been pestering him to get a website?? ;D

supernova77

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2007, 10:27:19 pm »
Window washers,

It seems like you have a lot of people working for you... You must be doing well for yourself - So whats the point in spending sooooo much time and effort on here trying to sell websites for £59.99 per year?

Surely you would be better off using your time building up the more profitable business(s) that you have?

Andy

supernova77

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2007, 10:36:57 pm »
i HAD A CAR CRASH 3 DAYS BEFORE XMAS LAST YEAR

I'm sorry to hear that - And I hope your fully better now? - But where does that fit into your respsonse?

Andy

supernova77

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2007, 11:09:31 pm »
Thanks for the longer reply :)

No you haven't put my nose out of joint... I have designed a couple of websites for other forum members, but I only do that in my spare time.

It's fair enough what you are offering... But (I'm trying to help) - You seem a little bit "in your face" with everyone on here... Most people don't like that.

Andy

:)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2007, 12:01:19 am »
GETTING BACK TO THE POINT FOR PEOPLE THAT HAVE NOT REPLIED YET.

DO YOU HAVE A WEB SITE?
DO YOU NOT HAVE A WEBSITE ?

THIS WAS ONE OF THE REASONS FOR THE POST IN THE FIRST PLACE, I CAN TAKE THE BAD COMMENTS AS I ALWAYS ADAPT AND LEARN  :P

Who has control of the chosen domain name?  OK, so you would need the password, account name etc to upload the files for the sites but are these handed over to the customer when the site has been made so that they can add or change things later when required?  Obviously it would be better for you to retain the domain in your own name in order to charge an ongoing annual fee.  Nothing wrong with that.  That's business.  However, do you (for a fee) release control and ownership of the domain name upon request and if so, what would you charge for such release?  Whose name is registered with Nominet as the domain owner?

mark dew

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2007, 12:14:40 am »
lifting ladders all day and taking painkillers to try and stop the pain is getting to much, that not mentioning night time cramps when i stop (not a sob story just a fact)

Ian, don't want to diss your doctors but if none of them have recommended yoga to you, i would spend some of your hard earned money getting better ones.
Mention it to them and see what they say.
If you were from a poor country, you probably wouldn't need to be on pain killers 8 months after the fact.
Saying that, i don't know what is wrong with you physically, but dishing out pills seems to be the standard treatment for everything with doctors here. Treating the symptons and not the cause.
Yoga is free, very important it is done under supervision to begin with (which is not free by the way), but it will help you from the inside out if that makes sense.
Eg; external pain has an internal cause. Doctors seem to treat the external, probably 'cos they have the hand of a pharmaceutical company up their ar$e.
Get rid of your pain mate. Don't rely on drug companies to tell you what's best.
The proof of their work is still with you 8 months later.
Try yoga under supervision for 1 hour for 1 week and tell me i am wrong.
It will change your life and open your eyes to what most medicine is really about. Profit.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2007, 12:23:52 am »
all domain names are registered to the keeper (the persnn that pays us for it)
if you was not happy with us after a year we would transfer it to whoever you asked us to this cost is about £15, most people will be happy with are hosting and reg costs along with the free marketing as no other company offers it at the prices we do, but i understand your point and I hope i have covered what you have asked, if not relpy again and I will answer any questions you have. you are weolcome to update your own site not problem if you have your own domain name and hosting, if you choose the cheaper option of us hosting within our site and having a page only on our site we have full control for obvious reasons and updates for this would be £5 a time, toal redesign costs would vary to the max for £80, if you opt for us hosting you on our server you would have control over updates, but do for updates on our website www.windowwashers.co.uk this will apply to any one joining us, hosting on our server sives you a free page on our site whilst you host with us.

best wishes
sorry forgot to add that you do not even need to have your own domain name if is is cost you are worried about, we offer so many packages for window cleaners, we tailor it to what you want from us.. you dont evern have to buy the domain name from us

You've covered it well.  Sounds reasonable enough too.  Thanks for the prompt reply.

need a cleaner

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2007, 12:36:35 am »

Paul Coleman

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2007, 12:39:40 am »
lifting ladders all day and taking painkillers to try and stop the pain is getting to much, that not mentioning night time cramps when i stop (not a sob story just a fact)

Ian, don't want to diss your doctors but if none of them have recommended yoga to you, i would spend some of your hard earned money getting better ones.
Mention it to them and see what they say.
If you were from a poor country, you probably wouldn't need to be on pain killers 8 months after the fact.
Saying that, i don't know what is wrong with you physically, but dishing out pills seems to be the standard treatment for everything with doctors here. Treating the symptons and not the cause.
Yoga is free, very important it is done under supervision to begin with (which is not free by the way), but it will help you from the inside out if that makes sense.
Eg; external pain has an internal cause. Doctors seem to treat the external, probably 'cos they have the hand of a pharmaceutical company up their ar$e.
Get rid of your pain mate. Don't rely on drug companies to tell you what's best.
The proof of their work is still with you 8 months later.
Try yoga under supervision for 1 hour for 1 week and tell me i am wrong.
It will change your life and open your eyes to what most medicine is really about. Profit.

Obviously it's not possible to diagnose from a distance even if I were qualified.  However, when I've had various aches and pains from W/Cing, I've found acupuncture to be a huge help.  The longer a problem has been around the longer it usually takes to get it put right.
Not trying to contradict anyone.  Just pointing out another possible line of attack.

mark dew

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2007, 12:58:27 am »
It was a bit irresponsible of me to say try for 1 hour for 1 week and prove me wrong.
I didn't mean you will be cured just that after 1 week you will notice a huge difference to how you are feeling at present.
A bit like that actimel challenge on tv. I ain't done that either, but i ended 7 years of dodgy knees within 6 hours of yoga, done each morning and evening for 1/2 hour.
Doing is believing and i know it's a tall claim, but your present way is failing you, that much is obvious.
I've also had acupuncture which helped me at the time, but i've never found anyone whose done it for free.
You can do yoga yourself if you have 15 minutes spare each morning and evening. You just need to tell your doctors 1st and get an instructor in the beginning to show you the right way, and to in effect stop you from trying to do too much too soon.