Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MLS

Problems with flats
« on: August 10, 2007, 02:36:11 pm »
Hi all.

This weather is lovely. It's great to work outside and I'm certainly not complaining, however............

Being able to reach windows five stories up brings it's own problems in the shape of the flats below if they don't have their windows cleaned.

There's one estate I do in Plymouth where I clean a lot of windows three and four floors up. My problem is that a lot of the residents living in flats below my customers either moan when water runs down their windows or, worse still, leave their windows open when they go to work and they're too bloody stiff to shut easily with my pole.

What do you do?

Do you just think sod it and let your water drip through their windows and soak their carpets? I'm not leaving my customers' windows dirty so what's the remedy?

The "water on my windows" moaners just get told that it's only water and wont hurt them, but if they've just cleaned them I can understand their gripe, even if I don't tell them that!!

There must be plenty of you out there with the same problem, so how do you get over it??
We know we're the best, you know we're the best, I guess we can't both be wrong!!!

d s windowcleaning

Re: Problems with flats
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 02:46:10 pm »
i used to do flats got the same problems so i went and seen people in flats below and offerd to clean theres at a cheaper rate than those above i was real surprised at how many took me up on this offer those that didnt got there windows wet youve got a living to earn mate so dont be put off by the moaners 
where theres muck theres money

S.A.J

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 03:08:06 pm »
Aright MLS I too get this problem that’s way I vary rarely take flats on now. The ones I do, do I always get the moaners out but I tell them that the people at the top have the right to have there windows cleaned as well and the only way is using wfp.

Someone did threaten to sue me once over this matter  ::)

Or if the flats have a management company then contact them about doing the whole block. I’ve just pick up one doing it this way. Everyone is a winner

What a Beautiful day its been in plymouth today.

Stuart

mark dew

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 03:17:06 pm »
I do a mates top flat whenever he catches up with me and i've had riff raff come flying to the windows below ready to dish out threats.
Just give them a mean look and continue as though they ain't there.  ;D
Seriously though, these types of jobs are better done in the rain. No-one bats an eyelid then.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 07:12:13 pm »
Hi all.

This weather is lovely. It's great to work outside and I'm certainly not complaining, however............

Being able to reach windows five stories up brings it's own problems in the shape of the flats below if they don't have their windows cleaned.

There's one estate I do in Plymouth where I clean a lot of windows three and four floors up. My problem is that a lot of the residents living in flats below my customers either moan when water runs down their windows or, worse still, leave their windows open when they go to work and they're too bloody stiff to shut easily with my pole.

What do you do?

Do you just think sod it and let your water drip through their windows and soak their carpets? I'm not leaving my customers' windows dirty so what's the remedy?

The "water on my windows" moaners just get told that it's only water and wont hurt them, but if they've just cleaned them I can understand their gripe, even if I don't tell them that!!

There must be plenty of you out there with the same problem, so how do you get over it??

I get over it by not doiung any flats except for ground floor ones or by trying to get the whole block by trying to find out who the freeholder or the management company is.

MLS

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 11:58:48 am »
Morning lads and lassses.

Thanks for your replies. The big estate I do is council owned and it doesn't really bother me when people moan, I just wondered how others deal with it.

One old lady does con me out of a free clean so that I can stand in her garden to clean the three flats above her, but considering that she used to try to shake me off my ladder when I used one it's a small price to pay. She only gets a quick wipe over with the brush, and she's even speaking nicely to me now. Her nick name is Winny the Witch, nuff said!!

I do like doing flats as you usually get half a dozen or so in one block and can put together a decent day's pay quickly, with low fuel costs.

Anyway, it's sunny here again now so I should be back out earning a crust. I'll be back by 3.30 to watch Liverpool qualify for Europe; come on you Reds!!!
We know we're the best, you know we're the best, I guess we can't both be wrong!!!