Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

. New
« on: August 10, 2007, 12:33:42 am »

geefree

Re: SCRIMs V MICROWIPES
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 12:41:57 am »
hi

i find microfibre cloths brilliant compared to scrims... and much cheaper by far...

i buy a pack of 12 for £9.99 from Bunzle cleaning supplies... large size   !   absolutely brilliant....

wash.. blade... wipe edge once with micro and smear free... everytime.

Gary.

geefree

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 12:48:25 am »
so did i .. to begin with. lol

Count Phil

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 07:59:46 am »
scrims are loads better. Micro fibres get wet really quick and don't dry out very quick, and only one sides of the unger ones dries the glass! The other side is slippy and absorbant proof for some homo reason.

KarlJones

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 09:31:49 am »
guys

last lot of micro wipes i bought were in a pack of 20 from Costco.   I think they worked out at 50p each. They are/were decent, fluffy but not falling apart, better after first wash, I would say medium/large in size. Actually they seem identical to those ones B&Q sell for a £5.  Hence the reason I bought em, I mean, 50p?!?  How the hell do they come up with £5?

It does cost about £20 to join Costco though.  And I haven't been for months so they could have changed supplier or even not do them now.

You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

gary999

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 09:45:24 am »
poundland sell them £1 at time had them ages and going strong

personally i think microfibre beats scrim especially when comes to price

geefree

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 09:55:37 am »
fluffy ones are only good for mopping up...

flat weave are the one that take the smears off...

i think using a scrim is hard work compared to microfibres...

and the ungermicrofibre cloths are useless in my opinion... as are the pound shop ones.

one side of the cloth...? no point in buying them at all.  ???

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 10:50:17 am »
Only one side on Unger? You have got to be kidding, I've never noticed that at all?

Count Phil

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 01:19:08 pm »
I'm serious. One side is kinda rough and the other side is super smooth and slippery. Its the big green ones. Even the instruction (I know ::)) says one side is for one thing and the other is for something else.  It hardly soaks up at all - and yes they are broken in properly. A good scrim wins by miles - they even dry on you shoulder in the sun!

geefree

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 04:00:42 pm »
you are using the wrong ones.... they are not meant to soak up,... unless you have the terry weave... thats what i use for mopping....

the flat weave microfibre cloths are totally different.

petski2

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 04:11:36 pm »
Does anyone find the scrims sometimes leave what looks like dust on the glass ???And the more you wipe it the worse it gets ???

colley614

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 05:00:50 pm »

I've found scrims better myself. But I think the problem I'm having with the micro fibre is that they leave the same marks on the window that a dirty scrim would and I'm starting to believe I'm over washing them in my machine!

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 05:36:06 pm »
from what i know you are only meant to wash mirco wipe on very low heat setting, the reason being if you dont you shrink the fibers and they then become useless.

How hot do you wash your ?

scrims I always wash as hot as possible and on fast spin as it seems to stretch them and they soak in more water this way.

Ian
please ceheck out my webdesign post as I only design for window cleaner :)

D woods

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2007, 06:07:10 pm »
If you are raging dirty windows you are better of with a scrim. If you are cleaning inside windows or mirrors you are better of with a flat weave microfibre.

Malcal

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2007, 06:38:43 pm »
The first unger microfibres I bought were brilliant as are the ettore ones, all the others I've tried including the latest ungers have not been as good as scrim, the worst being contico. If only unger would go back to using polyester and not PET.
Regards Mal

geefree

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2007, 06:43:01 pm »
dont forget ... no fabric conditioner   ::) 

otherwise they are useless.  ;D

LWC

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 07:50:58 pm »
weird this post has popped up as i was gonna post and reccomend getting them

i used scrims for 4 years, and had a go with micofibre

wow, they are superb, you can wipe a mark off on the windows without leaving any marks

the other day i did a hosue wfp...put everything away, got paid walked away and noticed a streak, doh, couldnt be bothered to get it all out again, so got a scrim, and wiped the mark all round the window, when i know with a mirofibre couldve just wiped it up

im getting my self some!

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 08:00:05 pm »
I found that 2, they pull of the water micro clothes from unger are fantastic (little on the pricey side, but still Fantastic) you pay for what you get in this life :). Scrims seem to either stick to the glass and leave a mark when in direct sunshine or leave hairs/fibers all over the window (that does my head in)

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 08:11:32 pm »
are you wfp or not since i went wfp nearly 12 months ago i aint touched a scrim or am i doing something wrong but out of the two i prefere scrim they dry faster  ;D
where theres muck theres money

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2007, 08:14:10 pm »
scrims are loads better. Micro fibres get wet really quick and don't dry out very quick, and only one sides of the unger ones dries the glass! The other side is slippy and absorbant proof for some homo reason.
That's right actually.

I do prefer microfibre by far though.