This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pittmonkey

New Multipole Brush
« on: August 09, 2007, 08:09:36 pm »
Ok after reading a few post on this new brush I thought I’d give it a try…umm!!!
not sure what to make of it at the moment, only ever used Vikan Flocked so may just need to get the feel a bit more. :-\

I have always lifted off the glass to rinse but would using a Mono Fill Brush allow you to rinse on, is there a certain technique in doing this?

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

Captain Scarlet

Re: New Multipole Brush
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 08:12:02 pm »
sorry mate, I don't know yet, when I get my system I will find out! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

NWH

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 08:23:09 pm »
Providing it`s not a first clean with a mono brush and a slightly higher flow rate i rinse on the glass,like i say as long as it`s not a first clean.The vikan brush that you`ve been using retains the dirt and is hopeless for rinsing on the glass,for rinsing on with a mono brush from time to time run your fingers through the bristles to get rid of cobwebs etc.Get an old comb and comb through the bristles every now and again,this enables you to clean out right down to the stock.

Pittmonkey

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 08:31:00 pm »
Hi Luke

Just had a look again at your brush pics, It's the same brush you have although mine dosen't have Ionics on it although it was bought from a Ionics ditributor.  ???

It also has the 2mm jets fitted cost £17.04.

Apparently the reason they have the crinkle filloments is due to the Thermo setup they have (must help keep them in shape)

Wayne

Pittmonkey

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 08:32:42 pm »
I tried it on my own windows today which are probably the cleanest windows around with all the practise I’ve done on them :)

I’ve never rinsed on with the Vikan for the reasons you mention NWH, but today for the first time I noticed a few spots. Weather this brush has lifted more soap from the seals I don’t know but will have another play tomorrow.

Wayne

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 08:37:09 pm »
Wayne, please tell me where you bought it, I'm really interested, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

NWH

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 08:37:22 pm »
The jets on that brush are to close together they need taking out and putting back in further apart,i cleaned my mums with it just to try and was sure that because there was no water at each side of the brush it was missing the edges,and sure enough it was it was missing the top left and right corner,the only way round it is to clean round the whole frame as the brush is quiet soft and i don`t do frames on all houses.It`s a good brush and re jetting it should solve the problem.

NWH

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 08:39:17 pm »
Wayne does it screw straight on your pole without the need of an adapter.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 08:39:44 pm »
NWH, I do frames as standard will those jets affect me? Luke

Pittmonkey

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 08:52:18 pm »
Luke

I bought it from a Window Cleaning Supplies Shop in Bolton.
Their www is down at the mo but here’s the address http://www.google.com/search?q=www.windowcleaningshop.co.uk

I was on the phone to Ionics but when they said there was a postal strike this weekend I decided to go and collect one. Probably cheaper after all no postage cost only a 15 mins there and back to the shop.

NWH
Haven't tried that. I tried it on an Ali gooseneck and on a plastic angle adapt.

Makes sense what you are saying, just looked at my spots and they are about two inches in from the frame. Nice one Sherlock :)

Wayne

NWH

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 08:58:09 pm »
The only way to get over this is to go up and over the frame,i tried this method on another window and they came up perfect,obviously on leads with hardly any frame it dosen`t matter only really noticed it on PVC or thick framed window`s,i`m starting to select certain brushes for certain houses.

Pittmonkey

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 09:03:35 pm »
I would normally clean all the frame aswel but only cleaned them on Monday so didn't realy bother with the frames today. Will have another play in morning.

NWH
Was you refering to Ionics own adaptor.

Wayne

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 09:16:36 pm »
NWH I AM bit confused as to what Ionics are actually making

1.that guy took pictures of the NEW multipole from Ionics

2.You had one the same but with crinkle monofilaments and duff thread

3.I had one the same as you but with a Vikan thread

4.Pittmonkey has no Ionics logo but crinkle monofilaments

I think I might email Ionics and ask them what is going on! Luke

NWH

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 09:19:17 pm »
I`m going to speak to them tomorrow,but i want them to put jets wider apart.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 09:21:06 pm »
are you going to explain all this confusion regarding there product? Luke

NWH

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 09:23:15 pm »
I`ll speak to patrick,he seems to be the one who deals with most of the sales.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 09:24:10 pm »
report back, tell him to look at my pictures if he wants,  Luke

NWH

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 09:25:51 pm »
reporting back,over lol.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 09:31:27 pm »
roger that, Luke

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2007, 09:39:25 pm »
who the ell is Roger ?  :)