This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pole2pole

In or out???
« on: August 07, 2007, 06:49:30 pm »
Just about to make a massive(well to me it is)decision. Which is best??? Having the hosereel clamped to the base of the vehicle???? Or having it freestanding???? I'm sure both have pros and cons, but i'm just wondering what the majority here do  ??? ??? ???
Thanx vision technician people  ;)

007 or what

Re: In or out???
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 06:57:55 pm »
bolted to the floor  :)
mine was free standing 4 about a month it did my tweed in, kept falling over  >:(

Clear Vision

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 07:02:56 pm »
Do what I do!

I have one screwed to the floor and the other is free standing.

The one that's stuck to the floor is positioned at the side door and the free standing one sits at the rear door.  ;)

Pole2pole

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 07:03:02 pm »
wouldn't a / the problem with that be it snags on the van and doors and maybe scuff the paintwork??? Or am i bein a tart???

Clear Vision

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 07:05:09 pm »
yes your a tart!  ;D

Doesn't even touch my doors!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 07:06:45 pm »
wouldn't a / the problem with that be it snags on the van and doors and maybe scuff the paintwork??? Or am i bein a tart???

Yes (not saying which bit I'm answering though)   ;D

The way I do things is that I have 2 x 100m microbore reels in the van.  Both are freestanding.  I'm not saying that way is better as I've never done it any other way.

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 07:07:09 pm »
Why don't you put 3   L  brackets on the floor 2 at the front of the frame and 1 at the back, this way you could have the best of both worlds, just slide it in and out as you need too?

Pole2pole

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 07:08:49 pm »
Interesting Jeff........you aint just a pretty face are ya mate  ;D

jeff1

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 07:14:21 pm »

macmac

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 07:29:37 pm »
free standing with about 4 - 5 metres of hose connected to it, this way you can park your van in any direction & still have your hose on the ground facing any direction. ;)

tony

Pole2pole

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 08:07:45 pm »
That makes sense too mac. I've even thought about doing the "drilling a hole at the bottom of the van" thing so i can work and keep the van locked up at the same time. That's still a major tempter  ???

S.A.J

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 08:32:31 pm »
free standing with about 4 - 5 metres of hose connected to it, this way you can park your van in any direction & still have your hose on the ground facing any direction. ;)

tony

I do the same as Macmac.  ;)

Highrise

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 08:59:29 pm »
bolt it to the van...  ;D It's easy on you back  ;D lifting in and out all bloody day  :'(
When your windows are clear, My conscience is clear...

john tomkins

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 09:15:37 pm »
That makes sense too mac. I've even thought about doing the "drilling a hole at the bottom of the van" thing so i can work and keep the van locked up at the same time. That's still a major tempter  ???

I tried that and its a pain connecting/unconnecting every time you wanna use it :(
I now use a couple of blocks screwed to the floor with a swivel piece on top so you can easily take it out if needed or leave it in van securely.....best of both worlds ;)

Pole2pole

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 10:04:36 pm »
This is going the way i thought it might. It's pretty much 50/50 aint it??? I gotta say though, the idea of me going for the van mount was to do a way with all the bloody heavy lifting of 25l containers full to the brim and whacking a backpack on with 18l of water on my back. Me poor bones cant take it much more  ;D so lifting a metal hosereel with 100m of microbore around aint floating my boat too much. I guess it'll have to be the L brackets Jeff referred to. In the event of me needing to lift it out, i'll call the Mrs........Job done  ;)

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 10:08:52 pm »
Hey Dino

You have asked the question I need an answer for. Im also  now going down the road of a tank in the van and wondered about the hose reel.

The L brackets are the way for me.

Bob
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

macmac

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 10:51:03 pm »
This is going the way i thought it might. It's pretty much 50/50 aint it??? I gotta say though, the idea of me going for the van mount was to do a way with all the bloody heavy lifting of 25l containers full to the brim and whacking a backpack on with 18l of water on my back. Me poor bones cant take it much more  ;D so lifting a metal hosereel with 100m of microbore around aint floating my boat too much. I guess it'll have to be the L brackets Jeff referred to. In the event of me needing to lift it out, i'll call the Mrs........Job done  ;)

A plastic HOZELOK reel with microbore weighs next to nothing, IMO it's better to park van in the easiest position & just pull hosereel out.

tony

jeff1

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2007, 10:57:48 pm »
Just bend those L brackets over slightly to  create more of a U bracket, this will stop the reel popping out when you pull the hose out.

Pole2pole

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2007, 11:06:03 pm »
Are the L brackets a capital L or lower case Jeff?  ;D Seriously now Dino.......too late to go for the plastic hozelock. I got one from Gardiners. Heavy duty.no regrets though.......looks like it'll last me a lifetime. My next dilemma is gonna be the water pump. The lead is only a bl**dy meter long and my battery is gonna be about 2 meters away  >:( I'll either have to shuffle the whole system around or extend the lead somehow. It's like playing bl**dy Suduko,setting up a van system aint it?  ::)

macmac

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2007, 11:15:05 pm »
Are the L brackets a capital L or lower case Jeff?  ;D Seriously now Dino.......too late to go for the plastic hozelock. I got one from Gardiners. Heavy duty.no regrets though.......looks like it'll last me a lifetime. My next dilemma is gonna be the water pump. The lead is only a bl**dy meter long and my battery is gonna be about 2 meters away  >:( I'll either have to shuffle the whole system around or extend the lead somehow. It's like playing bl**dy Suduko,setting up a van system aint it?  ::)

I have a ready made pump box, just plugs in to cig' lighter socket, job done. in winter just unplug & take out so dont freeze up. nice. :D

tony