This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

danny mckim

Are you satisfied with your round
« on: August 06, 2007, 10:26:30 pm »
Just wondering how many of us on the forum are happy with their round. Personally ive been windowcleaning for 23 years (i cleaned my first shop when i was 14 with my dad) and im still chasing work in these new estates. 15 years ago it was hard to see a fellow windowcleaner in my area but for the last 10 years windowcleaners are appearing all the time and sometimes its hard to keep ahead. Im not moaning about this as it keeps us on our toes.

ronnie paton

Re: Are you satisfied with your round
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 10:36:10 pm »
i have been running my own business two years and i reckon it would of been easier to get lots of work i years a go but not has well paying??

I guess being satisfied can depend on the persons ambitions, im doing ok but i think il never be satisfied and ill always want more work or better work or both!!

djhaydn

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 10:43:05 pm »
im quite happy with what i have but will always be open to more customers if they ring,
window cleaners are popping up every where, where i live,
just heard there is another one , who is going round asking if people have a window cleaner, and they will give a quote beating the customers window cleaners price....NICE.... NOT

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 10:44:16 pm »
Not really.
Lots of old bags and awkward jobs.
Not enough work either.

matt

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 10:47:51 pm »
im hally with my round, it earns me enough money every month and i have got rid of the customers who used to annoy me

i could do with 1 or 2 more comercail big jobs for early starts, but thats it ( i dont really like early startsm but they pay )

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 10:53:44 pm »
I'm not unhappy with my round but I do need to earn more money.  Some of my round has old work with old prices that I'm increasing at a faster rate than the better priced work.  I have an idea of what I want to be earning next Summer and I am prepared to work hard at getting the right sort of work in order to achieve that.  I don't have any troublesome customers these days - at least not for long   :)

Davew

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 08:11:51 am »
Not happy yet, need more work then I need to seriously condense all my jobs and shift the dates around.

pylofm

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 08:18:11 am »
Have around 46% 'spare' capacity...the average cost per house is good....have some late payers and a few 'new starter' silly prices but if I could increase my customer base I will be resonably content and this being my 52 week (happy birthday to me) I will be happy when I have filled my spare capacity and will then work on a 12% loss of customers p/a and work on a 20% total turn over to increase prices and keep it fresh so to speak...as with all things...I am likely to change my mind in a heartbeat...satisfied yes....want more...yes ;D ;D ;D

Londoner

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 10:33:20 am »
Whats happy? is anyone ever happy with their round? There is no such thing.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 10:39:37 am »
really happy with my round all good custom that ive got i got rid of the bad ones when i went wfp the custom i got rid of now see the results with using wfp and ask me if i will go back to doing theres belive me i get great plesure in saying no they should have treated me better when i was trad and paid me on time rather than saying can you call back and when you do they are not in but custom i kept i couldnt ask for better
where theres muck theres money

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 04:07:41 pm »
really happy with my round all good custom that ive got i got rid of the bad ones when i went wfp the custom i got rid of now see the results with using wfp and ask me if i will go back to doing theres belive me i get great plesure in saying no they should have treated me better when i was trad and paid me on time rather than saying can you call back and when you do they are not in but custom i kept i couldnt ask for better

Like your attitude  ;D, the same as mine.

I'm happy with my round but always on the look out for better work.

I have 1 custy that come to mind & hes due Thursday, he is about 60 & a retired pen pushing plonker (Director). He upset me a good few months ago but his mrs talked me into keeping her on my round. She knows the next time its history but she keeps him out the way.  ::)

Count Phil

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 04:29:17 pm »
I was satisfied until I realised just how much a mortgage will cost 'these inflated prices' days. Now I realise it needs to be bigger. But I have the capacity to take more on but, now I'm annoyed I didn't realise sooner that I should and could be doing more.

gary999

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 09:13:00 pm »
mot happy yet

still building mylittle empire ;D