This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sir Squeaky

Re: More pole snappings...
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2007, 04:25:32 pm »
Hi Squeaky

When we sold you the ex-demo 25ft Super-Lite I did say that it would not be suitable for day in day out low level domestic work as this is one of the toughest working environments a pole will meet.  That is why you also bought a 12 ft Extender which is far more suitable for the majority of domestic work.  The Super-Lite would have been then much more suited for your higher windows and would have lasted longer.  I know it is very tempting to use it on more because it is so light but the Mark1 version just was not designed with this type of work in mind (Mark2 is).  You will find that the 12 ft Extender is just as light as any of the newer X-Tels. 

A 21ft Fibre Glass X-Tel would probably reach your third storey work and windows over conservatories.  Coupled with a Super-Lite Brush (which you already have) it really isn't very heavy for a telescopic (1.55kg).
Alex, I got a bit confused on your site with all the different options.

How much for a 21ft x-tel then?

Count Phil

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2007, 04:34:41 pm »
I use mine day in day out with no problems. Just be carefull. Mind you, mines probably better as its home made.... and I use quite a thin bit at the top wich actually seems stronger than the thicker bits, plus I made it triple thickness, and it was only a 130 for the pole.

Buy a new section and be more careful.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2007, 04:36:52 pm »
Select the pole you want (21ft Xtel)

Then the brush option- No brush included (as you already have a Super-Lite Brush)
Then select gooseneck type - plastic adjustable included
Then select your hose and end connector type - No hose or connector (you can use the hose, connector and flow valve from your old SL)

total = £82.00 plus VAT and Carriage.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2007, 06:42:50 pm »
To get you by; use step ladders.
Step ladders while brushing away above my head, looking upwards and swaying the pole about?

Sounds fun. ;D
So does playing chicken with trains, but I don't fancy that either...

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2007, 06:56:46 pm »
I've got the 17'xteloff you which has been a revelation to me. I use one pole now and it's brilliant.

My 24'universal, 12' downstairs, and ungers telepole for third and velux windows stay in the van. If I need just a bit more height then it's steps. I started using the steps to get more out of the 12'.

Trying to use the 24' about did me in, and when I use the ali unger the hose flaps about and it's time consuming to adjust.

Ref your reply squeaks i'm sure a bright bloke like you has done a lot worse.
Yeah, of course.
Pretty recently too.

But you lose your bravery as you get older. ;D

macmac

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2007, 07:24:10 pm »
IMO you want a 24ft carbon telescopic pole squeeks, no 12ft pole will ever do all tops, i couldn't reach most of my tops with a 12ft pole. 18ft is usualy good enough for most domestics but (as far as the facelift anyway) you never even notice the extra section on & it's dead handy to have the extra length.
You'll regret buying a cheap flexi glass pole, you'll be using it all day, it's your main tool, don't skimp mate if at all possible.

tony