This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

edd

cement on glass help plz
« on: August 06, 2007, 09:13:38 pm »
did not want to do this bloody job anyway but shes a ok custy so we have cleaned
all the windows except 12 patio doors which are absolutely covered in cement splashes
washed with just a rinse, now I need to know the best way of getting the cement off the glass
pilkinton crap glass you know the stuff you can not scrap or it will scratch , bytheway its a bit
scratched anyway and shes not happy .
will brick and mortar remover get it off from the builders merchants its acidic will it do any damage
to the glass or WHAT else can I use aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh
plz help EDD

Pat Purcell

Re: cement on glass help plz
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 09:37:07 pm »
Tell her to call the mason and have him remove it, otherwise no matter what you do there will be scratches and you will get the sh*t for it
The mason will probably hack it off or use muriatic acid and make a royal mess of the glass and then she can chase him for replacement
Better him than you
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 09:40:13 pm »
Or if you really want the job (which you don't do you) then get them to sign a disclaimer that any resulting scratching will not be held against you, but warn before hand that there is a good chance that there will be.

edd

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 09:42:16 pm »
already getting crap for it and we told her that they will scratch if we try and clean them
but the numpty builder have and its still there a cement mixer right by the windows from
oct last year till now wow.........so its got some mess on it

tom_currie

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 09:45:17 pm »
agree with pat tell her to get them back and remove their splashes. i refuse these jobs as scratches are enevitable the next door neighbour to one i refused tried it herself what a mess of scratches the customer totally agreed then best get them back if scratced she wanted new glass