This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: Problems with microbore
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2007, 09:43:51 pm »
Once pressurised up it should stay like it,solid.

jr windows

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2007, 09:47:11 pm »
I never adjust my pressure as in previous post i use a return to tank method.

NWH

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2007, 09:58:12 pm »
I know what your saying but the hose needs to be pressured up so it dosen`t kink.

jr windows

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2007, 10:00:54 pm »
The hose is always pressured up unless i open the return to tank valve ?

Llaaww

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2007, 10:02:16 pm »
I know why it is kinking. when I bought mine i wound the whole 100m off the roll and spent about three hours un twisting it so that it sat straight before putting on the reel. It helps if it is a warm day so the hose is a bit softer.

when the hose is made and packed it goes through a series of spooling. during this process the hose doesn,t always go straight through the machines and a twist forms in the hose. if you don,t untwist it all the way through the kinks start to form.

not easy with 100m, I now have a 60 and 40m. :)
if it is dirty it is fair game

P @ F

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2007, 10:08:39 pm »
I get the same prob , my first 100m lasted over a year , i used a return to tank method during this time , not long been on V2 with new reel of micro and its pants , i find releasing the pressure withV2 off makes it easier to reel in , may have been crap batch , may be the V2

Rich P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

jr windows

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2007, 10:10:11 pm »
How does anyone find minibore ? As today using this microbore i finished at 7pm when i am usually at home with little one by 3.30pm.

Clear Vision

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2007, 10:21:22 pm »
Empty your hose of water then fully unwind in a straight line and take any twists out of it.

Then fill/pressure the hose when its still fully out and in a straight line and wind in gently guiding the hose back onto the reel.

That should work!  ;)

Always pull off the reel and walk with it instead of heaping it on the ground like spaghetti junction gong wrong ;D

jr windows

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2007, 09:13:25 pm »
I would just like to thank Kirsty at Gardiners. If all suppliers were as helpful as this the world would be a better place. Thanks again for your help and support. Jason

m.b.s.

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2007, 10:11:05 pm »
can i ask what return to tank method dose and how do you do that

geefree

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2007, 12:47:53 am »
I know exactly what you have done....

you have put it onto your reel totally opposite to how it was coiled when it was delivered to you.......

so its trying to force its way back into its proper coiled state....

take it off....  find which way its falling.... let it fall naturally, play around a while ....

then attach it back to your reel and wind it on.

should be ok then.

Gary,

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2007, 10:33:48 am »
 I have to agree with GAZZASP8.  Having looked at the photographs there is nothing physically wrong with the hose but it does look like its trying to twist itself the other way.  When reeling hose onto a reel it is best to get someone holding the hose and feed it directly onto the reel, keeping the same direction of curve.

jr windows

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2007, 09:04:15 pm »
Hi M.B.S
I bought my system from varitech which has a switch/tap that can alter the pressure and return flow to your tank.

Thanks, Jason.

jr windows

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2007, 09:09:46 pm »
Hi,

As per my 1st & 3rd pictures, the reel seems to be coiled the correct way - ie. the same way it came off the roll and in my 3rd picture you can clearly see that the two kinks that I have photographed are in completely opposite directions. Surely, if I had wound it on in the opposite way to its original state then the two kinks would in the same direction?  I completely opened the 100mtr, watched how it fell and then wound onto the reel in the same way.

Thanks, Jason

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2007, 09:13:13 pm »
You should always unroll any new reel in the direction it was put on by the machine rather than just remove it and drop it in coils. It also helps to take the time to draw a bit of a line down it with a permanent marker so that you can spot any twists before you use it. If you have got it tangled try to hang it from mid point from a tall building and let it untwist.
If you havent got a tall building ask the friendly fire service or hire a ballon  :)
Dont do it again !

jr windows

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2007, 09:21:37 pm »
Hi Jeff, I dont know how to respond to the last post ? Im only looking for help I am a novice in wfp

Thanks Jason.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2007, 09:22:04 pm »
Sorry snide remark, it helps if the hose is uncoiled and then coiled on a hot day. Lie it flat on the ground full length and try to work out which way its twisted then untwist from the end. Feeding it back onto the reel as you wind it on and firmly hould it between a cloth and your clenched hand helps. If you can whilst someone else feeds it and untwists it to you.
Have a look at silicon hose its a lot easier/lighter to work with and doesnt generally kink ( Algarde)

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2007, 09:28:37 pm »
It may be that the kinks in your picture will now always be a weak point in the hose that will always tend to kink in the same place

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2007, 09:31:33 pm »
Hi jr windows

Have you wound your replacement reel on yet?  If you haven't then do it this way -

Put something large and round through the centre of the roll of microbore and get someone to hold it.  Attach the free end of the microbore to the hose reel and then as the person gently unwinds the roll of microbore, reel it up onto the hose reel.  This is actually quite difficult to do for the person holding the roll of microbore as it gets quite heavy about half way through!  It is worth it however.  Doing it this way will ensure that you do not get any unnecessary twists or kinks later in use.  I used this method myself only last week to start using a new 100 metre length of microbore.  I got two of my daughters to unreel the microbore as I wound it onto the hose reel (might as well wear out their arms).

jr windows

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2007, 10:17:48 am »
Thanks Alex i will get some help later.

Thanks Jason