This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Trevor Knight

Re: Internet banking ??????
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 01:11:07 pm »
We have probably 30% or our customers on standing order. They are set up to pay 10 days from the normal date we are due, this gives us plenty of time to do the work and allows the customer some days grace to call us back if they are unhappy with the work?

It works really well and it's definately good for our business in terms of collecting.

We have just launched credit card payment facilities now so will see how that goes.

Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

jeff1

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2007, 04:51:31 pm »
We have probably 30% or our customers on standing order. They are set up to pay 10 days from the normal date we are due, this gives us plenty of time to do the work and allows the customer some days grace to call us back if they are unhappy with the work?

It works really well and it's definately good for our business in terms of collecting.

We have just launched credit card payment facilities now so will see how that goes.

Trev
What % do you pay on your PDQ machine and are there different rates for different cards??

pylofm

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 07:31:12 am »
I have been running for only 1 year now but I started out with either pay with cash or deposit the money in our bank account via internet transfer within 14 days...

I have the normal 'gang' of late payers but they would pay late whatever the method I think (people are people)...

As far as sorting out who has paid, after each clean the customer gets a card with various info on it but most importantly our bank a/c details and the fact that they have 14 days to pay.

The banking system here in Holland does put the name, address and postcode on the payment but I always do ask the customer put their postcode and house number in the 'note section' when they make the payment..

The above makes it very easy to see who has paid.

Now we do not have cheques to my knowledge here in Holland...chip & pin is used widely...I think that the U.K will follow in the coming years.

Internet bank transfer does rely on the customer actually making the transfer but I have now ntocied that after a year some of my customers are starting to make 'standing order' type payments, I have even suggested this to a couple who 'forget' alot....on the whole they warm to it as they still have control and I get my money.....

I started out with the intention of making life easier for me and internet banking has certainly done that...I have yet to go out and collect....Yes you still have to sit at the computer and go through your account and check off who has and has not paid....but better at home than getting into the van at night...

Work smarter not harder....

The only thing is that when the money goes to the bank...it's hard to hide it is'nt it ;)

Cheers
Dave.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2007, 07:34:37 am »
Standing orders and customers paying direct into your bank is a nightmare if you start going over 10 doing it a day

Interesting, why do you say that?

We have many, many customers pay by standing order, all we do is log on to our account each day and pay off the accounts who have made payment? why is that difficult?
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Pittmonkey

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2007, 08:24:36 am »
Some banks are no longer issuing Cq Books and looks like the trend will continue. Personally I try to push the internet side of payments to make things easier for the future.

I have a few who use Online Bank Transfer. I give them Sort Code, Acc No and their surname & last 3 digits of their post code for ref.

Also have a couple who have set up a standing order and a couple on Paypal.

Any of the above you don't need to have your own web site to take payment.

Personally I think offering these alternatives has been one of the features/selling points of my service. I always use the payments methods at the end of my pitch, it seems to help clinch the job when quoting.

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

Pittmonkey

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2007, 04:49:21 pm »
I agree Ian, nothing wrong with having a web presence. I was just indicating that you wouldn't need a www to use the above services.

Currently working on mine but never seem to get the time. I also have had a few enquiries from my email address which is on my leaflet so just goes to show custies will use the comp even for window cleaning services.

Wayne

'Success is buried in the garden of failure'