This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clear Vision

Re: Letter to email to busines's
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2007, 06:48:22 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

simon knight

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2007, 07:03:08 pm »
;D ;D ;D

Delighted for you mate...long may it continue.

Richy L

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2007, 07:11:59 pm »
I dont have time to canvas work at the moment so I was thinkung of emailing a quick simple letter to bed and breakfasts and hotels in my local area.

What do you think of this letter?

Dear sir/madam

We are a local based window cleaning company established in Muir-of-ord.

We have recently invested heavily in the latest pure water fed pole cleaning technology which enables us to clean windows (up to 40ft) to a very high standard from the safety of the ground.

With this new system we are able to comply fully with WAH (working at height) and access windows that were previously inaccessible from ladders.

We have a large number of domestic clients and commercial jobs throughout Ross-shire and are looking to expand into Inverness and surrounding areas.

If you would like a quotation please feel free to call and we can discuss your requirements.

Tel: Matthew  07732 xxxxxx
Email: clearvisionhighland@hotmail.co.uk

Kind regards

Matthew
Clear Vision Window Cleaning

That sounds like a good idea!

But how did you get the emails of the businesses?
I cant seem to find many email addys online

Richy

Majestic

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2007, 07:22:05 pm »
If you know the name of the company you want to contact do a web search as most businesses  have a web site now  like

www.windowcleaner1.co.uk

they have a contact page

Clear Vision

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2007, 07:56:09 pm »
OMG!!!!!!!!!!

I just got another one!

Guy phoned up and left a message asking me to go and quote a guest house in the centre of town!

Clear Vision

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2007, 07:57:36 pm »
I dont have time to canvas work at the moment so I was thinkung of emailing a quick simple letter to bed and breakfasts and hotels in my local area.

What do you think of this letter?

Dear sir/madam

We are a local based window cleaning company established in Muir-of-ord.

We have recently invested heavily in the latest pure water fed pole cleaning technology which enables us to clean windows (up to 40ft) to a very high standard from the safety of the ground.

With this new system we are able to comply fully with WAH (working at height) and access windows that were previously inaccessible from ladders.

We have a large number of domestic clients and commercial jobs throughout Ross-shire and are looking to expand into Inverness and surrounding areas.

If you would like a quotation please feel free to call and we can discuss your requirements.

Tel: Matthew  07732 xxxxxx
Email: clearvisionhighland@hotmail.co.uk

Kind regards

Matthew
Clear Vision Window Cleaning

That sounds like a good idea!

But how did you get the emails of the businesses?
I cant seem to find many email addys online

Richy

All I did was type in "Inverness hotels" and went through them all. Some dont give emails out but some have the option "contact us". When you hit that it gives you email addresses and fax etc

Stevie G

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2007, 08:34:48 pm »
well done, what  type of letter did you go for in the end.

Clear Vision

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2007, 08:40:49 pm »
well done, what  type of letter did you go for in the end.

Just sent out the letter above.

Probably not the most professional looking letter but it's working

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2007, 09:11:30 pm »
Matt,

Well done.........so far ???

Just one little nig I have..................... :-\

Your letter puts across that you are a window cleaning business with staff and more experienced than you are ???

Now I do not doubt for one minute that you are fully capable of delivering the service ;) ;)

Just try not to take the "Dellboy" approach.....there is no need..............YOU are a good honest window cleaner and fully capable of giving these potential clients a very good service ;) ;)

Now some may allready have a window cleaner and either are looking for a cheaper quote or have windows that a w/c with ladders cannot do.

DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO QUOTE CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now iff they are wanting someone to do those inaccesable windows then don't forget.........that is worth a bob or two ;) ;) ;)

All the best

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Clear Vision

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2007, 09:15:25 pm »
Thanks for you comments.

I have always been advised by many people to refer to me as "we" and not "I"

We sends out more confidence than "I"

Anyway my cousin helps me out sometimes! ;D

David, did you see my post about the ro pressure readings?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2007, 09:20:11 pm »
Thanks for you comments.

Well done for getting the opportunity to quote for these jobs.  Not wanting to pour cold water on your success but bear in mind that some proprietors could take the view that cold calling by email is actually spam.  No real problem unless one complains to your ISP and your account gets suspended.

Clear Vision

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2007, 09:23:01 pm »
Thanks for you comments.

Well done for getting the opportunity to quote for these jobs.  Not wanting to pour cold water on your success but bear in mind that some proprietors could take the view that cold calling by email is actually spam.  No real problem unless one complains to your ISP and your account gets suspended.

Can that happen :o

Never thought of that! :( :'(

supernova77

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2007, 09:41:30 pm »
Well done on getting the quotes mate.

But - Looking at the bigger picture sending a letter might have looked a bit more professional to most, which means you might have got more quotes to do if you had sent a letter?

Andy

Paul Coleman

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2007, 09:47:43 pm »
Thanks for you comments.

Can that happen :o

Never thought of that! :( :'(

It could happen but I reckon it would be unlikely.  Even if someone did complain to your ISP, you could argue that the mailings were small in quantity and therefore not clogging up the networks.  You would probably get away with it after an investigation, get a slapped wrist, and told not to do it again.  However, technically, I believe it is classified as spam.  The term is actually UCE (unsolicited commercial email) and although small in number and well targetted, if you send a UCE to someone who hasn't opted in to your list, it is spam.

Clear Vision

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2007, 09:54:24 pm »
u got me worried now!  :( :-[

Paul Coleman

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2007, 10:29:25 pm »
u got me worried now!  :( :-[

I don't think there is any need to be troubled by this.  The overwhelming majority of people who receive an unwanted commercial email just delete it and forget it.  A few of the more techie ones might take the trouble to put your email address in their filter list to stop your emails coming through.  If I reported every bit of spam that I got, it would fill my day and make me an even sadder git than I already am.  :)

Trevor Knight

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2007, 07:32:01 am »

You think yer pole is gonna demolish the entire bleeding hotel? ;D

Hi Simon,

Just wanted to confirm what you think  Public Liability is for??

The 2 million is not for the building as such but more for the public that may be harmed whilst you're working. i.e. falling ladder hits them, squeegee drops and hits them, trip over hose etc...

Now, if a member of the public for instance trips over your hose, hits their head on the corner of a kerb and suffers brain damage as a result of the fall you will be expected to pay damages and compensation. Now 2 million sounds a lot but if this person is a high flying professional who is say 25 years old then you may find that 2 million is not enough to cover the damages awarded and then its down to you to fund the rest, sell your house, assets etc or face prison for not having adequate insurance.

I know your probably thinking "yeah, like that would happen to me" but thats exactly the reason you should have the appropriate cover, just in case it does!

Forgive me if I am teaching you to suck eggs but didn't want you to mis-understand what PL is really for?

Regards,

Trevor

Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Paul Coleman

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2007, 08:02:09 am »

You think yer pole is gonna demolish the entire bleeding hotel? ;D

Hi Simon,

Just wanted to confirm what you think  Public Liability is for??

The 2 million is not for the building as such but more for the public that may be harmed whilst you're working. i.e. falling ladder hits them, squeegee drops and hits them, trip over hose etc...

Now, if a member of the public for instance trips over your hose, hits their head on the corner of a kerb and suffers brain damage as a result of the fall you will be expected to pay damages and compensation. Now 2 million sounds a lot but if this person is a high flying professional who is say 25 years old then you may find that 2 million is not enough to cover the damages awarded and then its down to you to fund the rest, sell your house, assets etc or face prison for not having adequate insurance.

I know your probably thinking "yeah, like that would happen to me" but thats exactly the reason you should have the appropriate cover, just in case it does!

Forgive me if I am teaching you to suck eggs but didn't want you to mis-understand what PL is really for?

Regards,

Trevor

This is the very reason why I have 5 million on my insurance Trevor.  Seriously injuring a potential high earner while they are young would be a massive payout.  Indeed, talking purely in terms of finance, the insurance company would be better off if the incident killed them.
As for the PL insurance not covering the building being worked on, that is not strictly so as I understand things from the insurers.  The wording is usually about the "property" being worked on and it all centres around the meaning of the word property.  The word property can mean the building itself and its surrounding land OR it can also be defined as a piece of property (i.e. something that someone owns).  In PL insurance terms, I understand that the latter definition is the one that applies.  So for us, the "property" being worked on is the actual window being worked on.  I would even dare to guess that if you were working on one window and the pole slipped and smashed another window, the other window would be covered as it wasnt being worked on.  In reality, it would rarely pay to make a claim for such an incident anyway due to the excess in the policy and the probable resulting hike in premiums.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2007, 08:17:22 am »

Sorry if I wasn't clear, as I said above, its not only for the building but the public as well so yes both are covered.
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire