Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Look what I scrounged
« on: August 05, 2007, 04:17:36 pm »
I had to go to work today to do 3 small town house builders cleans. :'( :'(

while I was there, the LUX traffic lights (tempory lights) guy's turned up to remove there lights.

I got chatting to the guy and as he was rolling up the rubber, the stuff they have the cable in, that goes across the road,

I asked how I could get hold of some (wink wink) and he just looked up and said 'Have this roll mate' :o 
This piece was only 6' long, so after my sunday roast :P I went out to see if my microbore would fit in it, Just a little to tight and I had to jump up and down on it to make it go in, ::)
No problem, out comes my electric saw and I just made the channels bigger, so now my hose just drops in it.

I have a few places were I Constantly  have to watch out for people, so they don't trip over the hose, with this rubber channel, I now don't have to worry  about any one tripping over my hose.
So if you see any temporary Traffic light guy's, ask them for a small roll  ;)

D.Salkeld_Ltd

Re: Look what I scrounged
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 06:55:15 pm »
Nice one Jeff,

But, to be honest, iff you have issues with hoses wouldn't it be quicker to get the backpack out.  Unless you have a big job to do where you may be 2 or three times filling the backpack then setting out your hose with the cover over a footpath or drive once and doing the whole job then packing up might be a good option.

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

NWH

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 06:58:13 pm »
I know what your saying about a backpack Dave as i to have one,but your never gonna beat a van mount.

jouk45

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 08:01:34 pm »
i still think this is the best idea, i really thought by now, some company would have developed it,
it does not have to be a metal pole, you could use a fibreglass telescopic pole, so it can be reduced in size,

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 08:04:50 pm »
I have a business complex every 6 weeks and there a little hot on H&S, my hose has to run across one of the doorways, this is going to help a treat.

I use my backpack on loads of work, but there are a lot of Jobs I have, were its not practical.

I  would never be without my BP, if you don't use it as your main system, then its always there as an emergency backup.

jouk45

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 08:49:10 pm »
i
As usual brilliant Joe. You really are full of surprises. The only bit that stumped me was how you got it to run off the exhaust pipe?
was not me this time ,  think it was windowlenoman  was his name, that showed this a year ago,
heres his step by step instructions, i keep it all safe in my library lol

jouk45

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 08:58:06 pm »
it looks like a giant wheel castor of some kind of a trolley, but the wheels removed,  he is using for to pivot the pole,

Davew

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 09:11:48 pm »
I would probably drive off like that! ::)

jouk45

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 09:24:51 pm »
davew, only mr bean could do the likes of that he he

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 10:04:01 pm »
yeah, lets write to ardman!!luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 07:46:16 am »
Why don't you stick a brush on the end of this pole, reverse up and down the road a few times and clean the window from the comfort of your own van  ;D

Seriously, think its a good idea, maybe use a stronger bracket on the lift section, wouldn't want it to land on a passer by now?
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

pure-water

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 08:17:33 am »
Hi

The second modification to the ARCH was to replace the existing swivel with this below. You were right it did need something stronger.

The one on the right.

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/images/library/range/large/0154.jpg

jeff1

Re: Look what I scrounged New
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 06:04:02 pm »
I was in asda's today filling up with fuel, and I noticed the car wash machine, the type with the pressure washer and brush on and you clean your vehicle your self.

I thought of this thread when I seen it......It has a boom arm on it with a large spring to protect the hose, might go down and get it tonight.

Highrise

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 06:35:57 pm »
Great idea.... DI Y... dID IT YOURSELF ;D ;D ;D
When your windows are clear, My conscience is clear...