Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

Leaflets failing
« on: August 05, 2007, 09:59:43 am »
Hi,

I have been out delivering leaflets, my leaflet heading is TRADITIONAL WINDOW CLEANER. etc... then it goes on to explain we also use the pure water fed pole system...

Now, i also have a photo on it with a guy cleaning an awkward window with the pole....

my problem is .... i am getting very little responce,.. am i confusing my would be customers? am i putting them off with wfp?

i used to use a small leaflet home made which simply had my heading at the top , and simply said , " do you require a regular, llocal friendly window cleaner? we are currently expanding our services to your area " etc etc..

and i had immediate calls the same day.

what do you guys think?

too much info confusing etc?

Cheers.

Gary.

Paul Coleman

Re: Leaflets failing
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 10:08:28 am »
Hi,

I have been out delivering leaflets, my leaflet heading is TRADITIONAL WINDOW CLEANER. etc... then it goes on to explain we also use the pure water fed pole system...

Now, i also have a photo on it with a guy cleaning an awkward window with the pole....

my problem is .... i am getting very little responce,.. am i confusing my would be customers? am i putting them off with wfp?

i used to use a small leaflet home made which simply had my heading at the top , and simply said , " do you require a regular, llocal friendly window cleaner? we are currently expanding our services to your area " etc etc..

what do you guys think?

Cheers.

Gary.

I think it's better to limit the amount of initial info in order to avoid clutter and confusion (taking care to include business name AND address and a LANDLINE phone number).  I put on there that full terms and conditions will be provided if a quotation is requested.  Although this has usually worked reasonably OK for me, I found that my last batch of leaflets had a very poor response.  This may have been because I targetted areas that were likely to be already popular with window cleaners.

DASERVICES

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 10:24:12 am »
You need to remember that the best time to deliver leaflets is at the weekend because during the week it will get mixed up with the junk the postman delivers.

I do this and some of you may do this in that we pick up the letters and just screw up the junk without looking at it.

What I find that works is business cards.

pylofm

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 10:27:12 am »
I have put put a few leaflets in the past 2 weeks and the response rate is far lower than normal...I presume this is because it is holiday season...but I am getting a much lower call rate....I'll put out 1 thousand this week just to see...I have noticed in my local area than most of the caravans are back (indicating the people are back from hols).

Leaflets are not that good so the number put out has to reflect the general low response rate.

:) Dave.

vwm

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 10:29:52 am »
gazza i think you have answered your own question there mate are you trad or wfp because i would be confused if it came though the post.
if youy are wfp then remove the trad bit and change it to wfp

i have found with leaflets that they only realy work if you place an ad in the local paper at the same time and also have a sign written van that is being seen out and about.

unfortunaty this time of year there are to many beer money w/c going around chucking out poorly made leaflets and getting a bad name for us ture w/c.

nothing wrong with making your own up but make them up on good paper or even card because people will see that you have taken time and effort into making them which in turn show the sort of work you will do

geefree

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 10:39:50 am »
Hi,

what do you guys think?

Cheers.

Gary.

geefree

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 10:45:04 am »
WHOOPS SORRY...

hi,
these are not home made leaflets,.... i state that i am a window cleaner who also uses the wfp...... the picture is an example of what can be cleaned with wfp...

i probably have answered my own question, i usually get a good response.... but i think winter is better for leaflets when all the lazy boys go back into hibernation.and we get their beer money back.

Helen

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 12:42:14 pm »
remember also that this time of year people have gone on holiday too, so many may not see your leaflet for a few weeks and when they get back will be faced with a pile of post to sort through.

geefree

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 02:05:12 pm »
thanks guys...

i will hope its because of the bad boys and the holidays and not my leaflet.

;)

cheers

geefree

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 09:54:56 pm »
is that my lot ? lol

out of 107 w/c,s ::) ::)  ;D

:)

geefree

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2007, 10:30:33 pm »
come on petski...

your the man  ;D

Art

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2007, 10:38:35 pm »

Cheers.

Gary.

If your origional leaflets were getting people to phone why change them. Maybe just have them done at a printers.

"If it aint broken why fix it"

geefree

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2007, 10:42:51 pm »
good responce.

;)

gary999

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 08:55:49 am »
i use business cards ordered from vistaprint can upload your own design
if needed. mine are the basic blue with my details what i do my home address
my home number etc etc i then laminate them 200 at a time never fail to get a
least five enquires from these. last week picked up 8 new customers just from
couple hours delivering.
speak to customers about these cards they all say they look more proffesonial
than leaflets

oh yeah cost me £18 for 2500 cards

xxmattyxx

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 04:20:17 pm »
i use business cards ordered from vistaprint can upload your own design
if needed. mine are the basic blue with my details what i do my home address
my home number etc etc i then laminate them 200 at a time never fail to get a
least five enquires from these. last week picked up 8 new customers just from
couple hours delivering.
speak to customers about these cards they all say they look more proffesonial
than leaflets

oh yeah cost me £18 for 2500 cards

What size business cards do you use, the wallet size ones or bigger.

Thanks Matt

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 04:25:01 pm »
maybe you shouldnt put too much details, use a seperate more detailed leaflet for commercial contracts. A plumber wouldnt say I am using this new method of plumbing. We are the tradesmen, it shouldnt matter to the customer how the job is carried out. The more you tell the customer about wfp, the more questions they have and the more they wonder about it, you don't want your customers to know too much in the sense that they can question your methods. I hope that makes sense, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

simon knight

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 04:41:03 pm »

I can't for the life of me understand this concept of delivering leaflets!

If you're taking the time to walk up to somebodies door and push one through the letterbox why not just ring the doorbell and give it the sales speil?

OK if nobody is in then push the flyer through the letter box....you never know!

But experience tells me that new customers like to see a face to get an idea as to who is going to be on their property.

I've found that my "hit" rate is something under 1% using leaflets. Bang on doors and I reckon 3ish per hour...take a week out of work and canvass 5hrs per day...that's 15 per day Xs 5 = 75 new customers.

Also with all these leaflets being chucked...think about all the trees!!!!!

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 04:53:21 pm »
you've hit the nail on the head simon, 98% of my customers have come from cold calling, I only leave a leaflet if nobodys in and then I will go back to the not at homes in a few days, it works a treat. I have only ever had one day when I didnt come home with a new customer and that was because nobody was in. luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

simon knight

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2007, 05:09:12 pm »

I think that people who leaflet are basically shy...(which isn't a crime).

But what's the worst case scenario? People say "no thanks".

Let the shy'uns carry on with the leaflets...me and you will cold call and get the biz ;D

Londoner

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2007, 05:27:14 pm »
Simon,
I find that a lot of the so called customers you get when you canvass turn out to be people who never thought about having a window cleaner until you turned up and put the idea into their head.
Then after a couple of cleans they lose interest and cancel or mess you about and you end up dropping them.
They are the "Oh yes alright then" types who will give it a go just because it was suggested. When a customer replys to a leaflet they are much more serious about having their windows done and tend to last.