This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Captain Scarlet

Re: Ionic new brush
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2007, 09:42:26 pm »
oh sorry, I got the impression from your new pictures it wasnt dual trim! so ar ethose middle bristles really abbrassive? Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

edd

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2007, 09:59:29 pm »
look everyone been there done it THIS brush does it properly its the dogs boll...s no messing the stiff bristles really work and the outside ones can flick all the spider nests out the corners quite easily imo it works but its only an other tool
and not everyone will like it or we will all have one?? ???im just trying to save you some time and money on what we have learnt , basically it saves time .

And one other thing we noticed is that when a window is cleaned with a Vikan
its perfect ...but clean it again with the Ionics effort and a lot more bubbles appear of what could be old soap!! so possibly deeper cleaning is going on
as the brush is a bit stiffer , bearing in mind most windows have been wfp for
nearly 2 years now I think that they should be soap free anyway but its coming
from somwhere!! :o

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2007, 11:14:47 am »
sounds great v8edd, thanks for posting all your pictures, I'm going to order one. Ill tell you what I think of it later, I want to start off wfp with good brushes, and next tuessday I get all my system fitted. If I do good 1st cleans then it will make it easier on the next cleans, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2007, 12:12:46 pm »
v8edd

The bubbles will be coming from your bristles mixing air with water.  Over the years we found that different brushes can produce this effect.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2007, 12:14:03 pm »
Alex, does that in anyway affect the finish? oh and look at my new post with my pictures of the ionics brush, Luke

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2007, 12:18:46 pm »
Yes, we are very impressed Luke.  It never seems to affect the finish as it is only air.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2007, 12:25:30 pm »
Alex go over to my post, I've got a question for you, Luke

edd

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2007, 05:45:35 pm »
AIR!!!! thanks Alex so I can do them even quicker now  I know its only air

eeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa more money for me ;D

Clear Vision

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2007, 05:53:26 pm »
umm still crap I know anyhow LWC has a vikan mono and the ends are no-where
near as good and I think that they will curl up Still top marks for the Ionics effort
i think it will last for a good time EDD

Bull  >:( They will never curl up on the vikan!

I know it's early day's but iv'e used mine for 2 weeks now and there is no sign of any wear or tear.

I never new lwc had the vikan mono? He never told me. Is it the older rounded one he has or the rectangular one?

edd

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2007, 05:55:36 pm »
rectangle

dont curl umm?

macmac

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2007, 11:18:28 am »
That's not a mono vikan in the pic. I've been hammering a rec' mono' vikan for about 6- 7 weeks now on every job, not taken it off & it's still in perfect shape with no wear.

As for luke talking about scrubbing power & what makes a top brush bear in mind he's not actualy started wfp yet,

what's the term ???
Oh yes
Blind leading the blind ;D

tony

Clear Vision

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2007, 12:06:59 pm »

what's the term ???
Oh yes
Blind leading the blind ;D

tony

Your right there mate!  ;D

edd

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2007, 04:00:33 pm »
Tony is the Vikan mono as good as the Ionics new brush ???or better or have you not tried the
ionic effort I would like to know as we need some more brushes EDD

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2007, 07:08:39 pm »
I am blind in one eye actually!!!!just joking. Your right macmac I dont have any practical wfp skills apart from cleaning my own house! :) I have a 2 vikans though and this brush has a lot more scrubbing power, it just feels really abbrasive compared to the vikan, the vikan feels robust though. What brush do you find good macmac? Luke

macmac

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2007, 07:52:26 pm »
Haven't tried the new ionics brush guys.
I use both monofilament & flocked rectangular vikans, i grind all the excess black plastic stock off though, only takes 2 mins & makes them smaller & ( i suppose ) a wee bit lighter. For me, i find these are the best all round domestic & small commercial wfp brushes.
Just a tip though, IMO you cannot compare the oval vikans to the newer rectangular ones as the latter are far, far better.

I've also tried one type of salmon (gaz) brush, it was totally useless & an unger brush which was ok' ish at the time.

Prior to these i was on oval vikans which came with my first poles jetted with fans & would never go back to either nor recomend either.

tony

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2007, 08:19:17 pm »
how long does it take before you grind down to the bristles? how much weight does it save macmac? Luke

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2007, 09:51:53 pm »
VG Window Cleaners, I dont really understand how that is a pop at me! :) but anyway go ahead, everybody else seems to love doing it, I'm the forum skapegoat!!  :):) no matter what I say or do it seems to me misunderstood or taken the wrong way by a minority of members, I just come on here with good intentions but it seems like I am swimming against the currant ( spelling sorry! ) in the sense that everything I say seems to be observed and analysed carefully so it can be used as a piece of evidence in a post in the future!!! Perhaps they do it because I'm young, and they don't think i should have a say in an "adults conversation". Whatever there reason for doing it I find it quite insulting and depressing that people can judge you without even meeting you. Despite this there are loads of very experienced any helpfull members on here that don't backbite and insult other peoples characters and personalities.They wouldnt do it to your face, yet somehow they feel that it is perfectly acceptable to slate somebodys personality over the internet infront of hundreds of other members who you have to talk with and share information with.  Luke

NWH

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2007, 10:03:54 pm »
Don`t worry Luke,keep the enthusiasm and the questions coming mate that`s what this forum is all about.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2007, 10:05:30 pm »
cheers mate :) :)Luke

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2007, 10:26:34 pm »
I won't don't worry, I can tell the differnece between a joke and a dig ( hopefully!!!  :)) Luke