This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pittmonkey

Std Letter for none payment
« on: August 03, 2007, 04:07:36 pm »
Just wondering if anyone has a Std letter for requesting window cleaning monies owed for none payers.

I have my first none payer only £40 for two cleans but every penny counts. I've suspended her cleaning and have been round spoke to her and got fobbed off with the I'm a little short at the moment I'll send Cq.

Just thought a stronger letter may do the trick. The annoying thing is this customer runs a small business also so you would think they would know how it feels.

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

S.A.J

Re: Std Letter for none payment
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 04:09:14 pm »
SAJ Window Cleaners Ltd

Thank you for your continuing custom.

I carried out your scheduled window clean over 14 days ago but have yet to receive payment due.
I appreciate this may be due to an oversight, or you may have misplaced the addressed envelope left at your property on the day of cleaning.

I have enclosed another addressed envelope for you to use for payment.

Payment due: £

Please make cheque payable to: SAJ Window Cleaners Ltd

If you would prefer me to call for payment, please call me on
01752 xxxxxx / mob: 07890 xxxxxx

Thank you.

Stuart Castles
Director of SAJ Window Cleaners

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 04:13:22 pm »
What i've done a couple of times in the past is gone round when the custy is out & with a dirty applicator put the dirt back on.  ;D

She's not going to pay so have the sattisfaction of giving her back what you cleaned off.  ;)

Pittmonkey

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 04:15:58 pm »
Thanks Stuart

Doesn't look too threatening to start off with. Worth a try.

@ Mac
This could easily be done has I clean the windows next door and the best thing is they are 3 Storey houses ;D
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

xxmattyxx

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 04:58:12 pm »
Stuart, do custys recieve that as a standard non-payment response after 14 days without settlement?

Matt

choice.clean

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 05:26:17 pm »
just a tip i had a custy refuse to pay me £156 the other day really arrogant too. So I jst said I'll be consulting my solicitor. (I had no intention of doing so as cost is prohibitive) but i then put a very strong letter in the post stating if not paid within 10 days of receipt of this letter would be taking to small claims court as we had looked into matter as a company and were confident we would succeed. But here is the clever bit sent it recorded letter so customer had to sign for it.
        Think about it from the customers point of view you get a recorded delivery thinks clock is ticking before more costs incurred in court. Well i got a result hey presto cheque came a week later.
This could be the cheap way to put pressure on your non payers. what do you think?

Lizzy

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 06:05:18 pm »
brill idea.

I would also have small claims court papers ready, photocopy it and attach the photocopy to the letter, stating that the paperwork is ready, a copy of which is attached for their perusal.   Also state that this letter is the final direct correspondence you will have with them.  Should they not pay you within 14 days, the court papers will automatically be filed.

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

S.A.J

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 07:44:24 pm »
Stuart, do custys recieve that as a standard non-payment response after 14 days without settlement?

Matt

Matt i have not had to use the letter yet 99.9% of my custys pay me on time.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 09:46:30 pm »
its a problem for us all dont mater if trad or wfp they pay the milkman gas man electric but why oh why is it forget the window cleaner today he will call back custies look at a window cleaner as being a debt they can leave for a while why we only offer a service wfp its got to be worse got we are using our produt  of pure water
where theres muck theres money

Pat Purcell

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 09:54:30 pm »
My favorite which somebody posted on here a while ago is
Please pay us, so we can pay them, so they can pay him, so he can pay you
Its not confrontational and gets the message across, of course later harder words may be necessary
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 10:38:46 pm »
another case of f**k the window cleaner he can wait do they say f**k the gas fitter  or plumber or milkman we as window cleaners offer a services too but when trying to get paid we as window cleaners are the bottom of the list even if we r doing a top job for cusstie its time we were looked at as being a service and not just a smack head out for the next fix 
where theres muck theres money