Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clear Vision

Pics of new vikan monofiliament
« on: August 02, 2007, 09:19:57 pm »
Used it for a week now and rank it as one of the best brushes I have used.

It's light ish
holds very little dirt
has amazing scrubbing power
removes baked on fly poo no problem.

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

NWH

Re: Pics of new vikan monofiliament
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 09:22:45 pm »
Good brush but far to heavy,it`s all about weight.

Clear Vision

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 09:25:24 pm »
Its only heavy if you use fishing poles.

You whimp!  ;D

NWH

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 09:33:09 pm »
LOL,i`ve used that brush a few times on my facelift but if i use it now it`s with my 8ft pole,i got a mono ionics brush off of Ebay a couple of weeks ago and in my opinion it`s a better brush.I prefer the crinkled mono rather than the vikan mono type,using that vikan mono is like pushing a brick up and down a window all day LOL.I bet that`ll get you going clear vision.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 09:39:27 pm »
yeah, I held the monofilament vikan down in south wales, I didnt like it very much, the ionics new multipole brush is better, it has 5x the scrubbing power of that because it has shorter and sharp bristles in the middle and wider splaying ones on the outside.

NWH, that one on ebay isnt a fake, it has the same amount of tufts of bristles, i comapred it to v8edd's pictures, it has the same amount. they are identical. I don't know why your thread didn't fit though. My thread fitted but it was a bit messy ( as in the thread was all flakey (sort of ) ) Perhaps they were seconds and a worker nicked them or they were given to a worker to sell on.

Oh yeah my jets are 2mm, or at least they appear to be, perhaps your one was a second with 3mm jets.

I emailed Ionics the other day to ask a bout there new multipole brushes, here is what they said

"Dear Luke,

Yes, we do have new multipole brushes, the bristles are made of stronger material hopefully making them last longer with out curling up, very similar material we are using on our commercial brushheads.

They are £14.50 + VAT + postage of approx £3.00 total - £20.56

Regards

Patrick"

then here is there second email

"Luke,

The brushes dont come with any pipes or fittings, you will need to screw your existing angle crank into the brush head. You have a choice of jets, the pencil jets are 3mm jets and the commercial jets are 2mm jets."
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 09:46:10 pm »
It might not be a fake Luke but the amount of bristles makes no difference it`s the quality of material used,i`m not sure if the new ionic brush is crinkled mono it`s hard to see in the pics but that brush that we have is a good brush,i like it anyway.

Clear Vision

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 09:49:49 pm »
using that vikan mono is like pushing a brick up and down a window all day LOL.I bet that`ll get you going clear vision.

>:( >:( >:(

;D

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 09:50:08 pm »
I asked v8edd and he said it was crinkle mono, the brush in the picture is wet so it's hard to tell, Luke

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
is it dual trim crinkle monofilamnet? Luke 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
oh yes   

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 09:53:32 pm »
I'm going to order another from ionics soon, so i'll know for sure then, Luke

NWH

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 09:58:43 pm »
I ordered one from patrick from ionic not long ago and said he would ring me back to take payment details,did he ring me back did he ****.I wonder if he would have rung me back if i was ordering a thermopure 1000ltr that`s a tuff one??????????????????????

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 10:04:02 pm »
I found that patrick guy extremely quick answering my emails, yes but if you were spending 26 garnd then i'm sure he would have emailed as fast as his fingers would allow him, luke

Clear Vision

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 10:05:46 pm »
talk about a post hi-jack! >:(

;D

NWH

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 10:06:05 pm »
They wern`t that much when i last looked,more like 10 grand i didn`t want a van with it.

NWH

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 10:07:03 pm »
Clear vision get back to your RO maaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

KINGAKNAA

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 02:58:46 pm »
Got my brush this moring and am well impressed with it, just as the original post aid! Imagine it could be heavy on anything above 20ft. Nice though.  :-*
HOWAY THE LADS!!!!

Clear Vision

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2007, 10:23:59 am »
You will enjoy working with it  ;)

macmac

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 12:13:37 am »
yeah, I held the monofilament vikan down in south wales, I didnt like it very much, the ionics new multipole brush is better, it has 5x the scrubbing power of that because it has shorter and sharp bristles in the middle and wider splaying ones on the outside.

Now that's a man talking from masses of experience ;D ;D ;D
Held a brush & didn't like it ;D ;D ;D
5 x Scrubbing power ;D ;D ;D

Luke, you're a perfect candidate for Patrick at Ionics, bet he's rubbing his hands already ;D

Man, i've just urinated myself ;D ;D
Oh luke, please stop making me wee myself. ::)

tony