This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ps outthere

Re: A Little Tip for upvc Repairs
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 09:54:02 pm »
Thanks for the tip. I have bought some 2000 grade from the link posted above.
Thanks again.

jeff1

pjulk

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2008, 04:02:39 pm »
Hi Jeff

I bought the 2000 grade wet and dry did my kitchen sill and i can't believe how smooth it feels now and removed a few old stains.

I have a few scratches that where a bit deep for the 2000 grade W&D have you tried anything courser and then gone over with the 2000 grade to get rid of deeper scratches.

Thought i would ask first before i wreck my sill.

Paul

jeff1

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2008, 09:31:58 pm »
Hi Jeff

I bought the 2000 grade wet and dry did my kitchen sill and i can't believe how smooth it feels now and removed a few old stains.

I have a few scratches that where a bit deep for the 2000 grade W&D have you tried anything courser and then gone over with the 2000 grade to get rid of deeper scratches.

Thought i would ask first before i wreck my sill.

Paul
Hi Paul
My old loo sill was pretty bad, the corner had gone, were my German shepherd decided to have it for lunch one day when she was a puppy, its going up a set of steps so was easy fro her to sit there and munch away at the corner. ::)

There were some deep scratches on there that 2000 wouldn't shift, I couldn't be bothered to go out and buy any courser, but in my shed I had a white paint stick for doing scratches on the car, I filled the scratch with this and waited for it to dry, again using the 2000 I redid the sill,

If the colour was a perfect match, this would have been a first class Job, scratches gone and like you say nice and smooth, I use this sill as my test base now, so I'll get some courser over the weekend and give it a try and let you know.

pjulk

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 10:14:54 pm »
Thanks jeff.

I didn't want to try it as my sill is not that bad.

But im glad i got the 2000 now going to get some more to stock pile for when i do conservatory cleans.

jeff1

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 10:21:15 pm »
Thanks jeff.

I didn't want to try it as my sill is not that bad.

But im glad i got the 2000 now going to get some more to stock pile for when i do conservatory cleans.
Little tip for you Paul, any custy's with bad sills, or frames, ask them if they want them restored and charged well for it.  ;)
Its also good for getting rid of the little sucker marks left by that creeping Ivy.
Stick a little car polish on afterwards for a little more protection.

pjulk

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008, 10:47:41 pm »
This is something that im going to add to my service's.

Im going to put it on the back of my bills.

Those creeping ivy marks are a pain i will be looking out for them now  ;D

Thankyou