This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

KarlJones

Re: The Wheelie bin and window cleaning company
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2007, 02:59:06 pm »
So I am more worried for them than I am of them.
Huh
Why?

Because I think the odds are staked against them.

Who worries you more?
A competitor who has low overheads and can undercut you or
A competitor that is having to fork out employment costs, large over heads and you can undercut him?

You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

Pat Purcell

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2007, 03:53:06 pm »
So I am more worried for them than I am of them.
Huh
Why?

Because I think the odds are staked against them.

Who worries you more?
A competitor who has low overheads and can undercut you or
A competitor that is having to fork out employment costs, large over heads and you can undercut him?

TBH Karl, the competitor that worries me the most is the one who is desperate for work and has a bunch of employees who have to be paid whether they are working or not, vans that need to be paid for whether they are working or not , insurances to pay etc
This guy obviously has his head screwed on or he wouldn't have 18 vans on the road and a sales force telemarketing , a sole trader has to maximise his return on nearly every job to be able to stay in business whereas a large company relies more on smaller profits from more jobs
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

groundhog

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2007, 04:54:56 pm »
I have never seen any of their vans, but as well as canvassing my customers + slagging me off >:( they are advertising in my local paper for window cleaners to work a 48 hour week for £16,000 a year! thats got to be close to the minimum wage.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2007, 04:25:18 pm »
i dont think they are the same people, these come from brighton and have around 18 vans on the road so i have been told.
there website is www.windowandwheelie.co.uk
i agree they have to make a living but there are loads of window cleaners where i am and i big company like that will make trying to get more customers more difficult.

Sorry for delay.  Just back from holiday.
The ones my customers told me about are from Brighton.
The funny thing is, some of the areas I cover don't yey have wheelie bins.

ScrimShady

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2007, 05:58:18 pm »
thats the company shiner, they have seperate vans for the wheelie bins

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2007, 08:02:38 pm »
I have never seen any of their vans, but as well as canvassing my customers + slagging me off >:( they are advertising in my local paper for window cleaners to work a 48 hour week for £16,000 a year! thats got to be close to the minimum wage.

£6.41 an hour

groundhog

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2007, 09:45:47 pm »
Well worked out Wayne!!  ;D

Londoner

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2007, 07:49:22 am »
Well I think they sound like they are stretched to the limit financially and out on a limb.

I can't imagine anything worse than trying to run that many vans. They must be employing Polish labour.

Malcal

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2007, 07:55:52 am »
If thats £307 a week garanteed + 4 weeks holiday + clothing + all kit provided etc etc, then he won't have any trouble getting labour. I know a WC in Newcastle whos just packed up to work as a pub cleaner in the morning and kitchen porter in the afternoon, both on NMW.
Our real competition will come from China as an RO/DI WFP for DIY cleaning at £10.
Regards Mal