This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Londoner

Leaflet - result after 14 months
« on: August 01, 2007, 11:19:11 am »
Got a phone call yesterday as a result of a leaflet I delivered 14 months ago.Went round to see them last night and I am doing them as a regular thing.

What a catalogue of problems they have had with previous window cleaners. Interestingly. they only kept my leaflet because it had my name and address on it which made me "respectable" in their eyes.

This is the longest lapsed time on a window cleaning leaflet I have ever had but I had an unsucessful foray into gardening a few years back I had two calls about gardening last year from leaflets I must have delivered four if not five years ago.

Whats your record?

pjulk

Re: Leaflet - result after 14 months
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 04:25:39 pm »
I have had a couple ring up about year later and i had one ring up about 18month - 2 years later can't remember exactly but its  about that time.

Paul

Londoner

Re: Leaflet - result after 14 months
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 06:47:27 am »
Whats more interesting is the history of problems with other window cleaners messing them about, going missing then reappearing etc .
I always ask about the customers previous window cleaner because it gives you a bit of an insight into what the customer may be like.
IF they say "oh he just stopped coming" I think "He dumped her - I wonder why?"

Mind you thats not always the customers fault. I have picked up some lovely customers who have been dumped by other window cleaners for no good reason that I can see.

You used to get a lot of newbies who tried it for a while but found it hard work and packed in. Even so they could tell the customers. I do wonder sometimes.