This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

groundhog

Re: SMOKING WINDOW CLEANER!! LEGAL?
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2007, 07:33:15 pm »
Well said djhaydn!!! We are window cleaners at the end of the day, as long as we turn up on time and do a good job, then that is proffessional enough for most domestic customers. Do you think we should all be boring uniform wearing clones Williamx? Many people like us to be individual characters, they quite like it if we are a bit rough around the edges, and even the most stuck up customers like a bit of banter now and then!!!  ;)

jeff1

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2007, 09:32:43 pm »
They banned smoking inside buildings, but what I think should be banned, is bus's that are waiting in the town center, to turn there engines off.

I went into the bank today and the boss went into the shop next door, I waited out side this shop for her and nearly died with the fumes from 4 buses all sat there for over 10 minutes with there engines running, no wonder bus fares have gone up again.

williamx

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2007, 10:03:05 pm »
It dosn't matter if its legal or not to smoke at a customers house while working, its more down to how proffessional looking you want to be.

Are you showing a proffessional image by turning up in a sign written van, wear a uniform, have a pleasent manner, you don't F and blind all over the place.

Yet you consider its ok to smoke while you are cleaning.

i dont have a sign written van, dont need to. i dont wear a unifrom, i dont f&c to customers, and im always polite to customers, not one has said put that f*g out or get off my property with that in your gob,
for f**k sake, everyone to there own, im my own boss i do what i want to do and dont need people preaching to me, get a life.......

Do you go to your local chippy or chinese/indian and they smoke.

Is this ok, or not .  It's their workplace?

Do you not object if they serve you with a fAg in their mouth?

If so why are you different than your customers who you smoke in front of?

Have you been to to hosiptal and the nurse is smoking? No.  Why not, its their workplace.

Would you object if the funeral home and staff, turned up smoking, before they have turned your next of kin into ash.

There are many circustances where smoking is not accepable, why do you think its acceptable for your customers

groundhog

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2007, 10:25:43 pm »
We are not serving food or looking after sick people or even burying dead people, we are cleaning bloody windows outside in the open air, nobody cares if we smoke or not, get a life mate!!!!!!!!! ;)

djhaydn

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2007, 10:41:38 pm »
[font=Verdana]William x you are begining to get on my tits with this subject.
I smoke in my van, i smoke at customers houses, and i`d frigging smoke in your face if i stood next to you, you could whinge as much as you like but i wouldn`t put my fAg out,
so im with groundhog on this, go be a pretty boy and be all nicey nicey to your customers in your shiney sign written van and you nicely ironed uniform, how they put up with your moaning i dont know,
at least my customers get the honest down to earth window cleaner, ill go get in my transit, with my shorts on and sleevless shirt, tattoos, and baseball cap, and of course A CIGARETTE.
im not false, i am what i am and i aint going to change at 42yrs old
window cleaners are not in the catering trade, and no i wouldnt give a poop if i saw anyone anywhere smoking, its a free world, but we live in a country made up of stupid rules,and pratts who want to judge people, no names mentioned william

NWH

« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2007, 10:47:22 pm »
I went into a chinese takeaway about a month ago and the bloke in the kitchen put his fAg down to come and take my order,truth.

tacky

« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2007, 10:57:57 pm »
u cannot smoke in works van .yet i saw a driver having food break with a can of lager .he was parked up . no fAg yet lager ok . i must state this guy was not a window cleaner. from grumpy ol git

williamx

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2007, 09:03:29 am »
I smoke in my van, i smoke at customers houses, and i`d frigging smoke in your face if i stood next to you, you could whinge as much as you like but i wouldn`t put my f*g out,
so im with groundhog on this, go be a pretty boy and be all nicey nicey to your customers in your shiney sign written van and you nicely ironed uniform, how they put up with your moaning i dont know,
at least my customers get the honest down to earth window cleaner, ill go get in my transit, with my shorts on and sleevless shirt, tattoos, and baseball cap, and of course A CIGARETTE.
window cleaners are not in the catering trade, and no i wouldnt give a nuts if i saw anyone anywhere smoking, its a free world, but we live in a country made up of stupid rules,and pratts who want to judge people, no names mentioned william

With your attitude, its no wonder that the window cleaning trade has a bad image.

It use to be that a window cleaner was classed as a dole cheat - villian and bully, with your wonderfull use of the english language, its seems that there are some of them still about.

When I was brought up its was considered good manners to say please and thankyou - not to swear or pick your nose - always open doors for ladies, help the elderly to cross the road or carry their shopping for them and if you are a tradesman not to smoke while you are working at your customers houses.

Its not that important if you have a shinny new van or if you wear a uniform, buts it is very important that you show your customers RESPECT and have GOOD MANNERS.

As for you smoking in front of me, I have no problem with this and would not object, but If I was paying you do do some work for me then, I would insist that you didn't smoke.

And yes we do live in a world with too many rules and regulations, but this is down to the idiots and prats who don't have any sense in their heads, so if left to the goverment to try to kept them safe and healthy.

niceandclean

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2007, 06:48:54 pm »
I smoke in my van, i smoke at customers houses, and i`d frigging smoke in your face if i stood next to you, you could whinge as much as you like but i wouldn`t put my f*g out,
window cleaners are not in the catering trade, and no i wouldnt give a nuts if i saw anyone anywhere smoking, its a free world, but we live in a country made up of stupid rules,and pratts who want to judge people, no names mentioned william

With your attitude, its no wonder that the window cleaning trade has a bad image.

It use to be that a window cleaner was classed as a dole cheat - villian and bully, with your wonderfull use of the english language, its seems that there are some of them still about.

When I was brought up its was considered good manners to say please and thankyou - not to swear or pick your nose - always open doors for ladies, help the elderly to cross the road or carry their shopping for them and if you are a tradesman not to smoke while you are working at your customers houses.

Its not that important if you have a shinny new van or if you wear a uniform, buts it is very important that you show your customers RESPECT and have GOOD MANNERS.

As for you smoking in front of me, I have no problem with this and would not object, but If I was paying you do do some work for me then, I would insist that you didn't smoke.

And yes we do live in a world with too many rules and regulations, but this is down to the idiots and prats who don't have any sense in their heads, so if left to the goverment to try to kept them safe and healthy.

Totally agree with you William X !!

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2007, 09:57:07 pm »
anyone got any duty free for sale lol respect to you williamx for your reply i smoke but if a customer asked me not to then i wouldnt i replied early in this post and stated that you can not smoke at your place of employment as the cusstie is employing you  you are basically in a place of employment so you shouldnt smoke
where theres muck theres money

djhaydn

« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2007, 06:20:11 pm »

..............................................................................................................................
there you go william, judging me.
you think i give the window cleaning business a bad name purely because i smoke at cussties houses and my attitude (to you),
think again, 1. ive never been on the dole, so i couldnt cheat the system if i wanted to,
2. all my customers...All.... know im a retained firefighter in my village.they respect me for the job i do 24/7 365 days a year, im not just your every day window cleaner, so when ive been out all night saving a life /animal or even someones house, i still get up and go clean there windows,so i dont think any one of my cussties would begrudge me smoking whilst doing there windows. ok you and some others on here have there opinions to smoking and where you can smoke, and i have mine, we are all open to opinons,
smoking opinions with me really get me wound up, normally from ex smokers, they are the worst.
im sorry if i went off the rails, but you wound the wrong guy up.
Haydn

jeff1

« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2007, 06:59:27 pm »

..............................................................................................................................
there you go william, judging me.
you think i give the window cleaning business a bad name purely because i smoke at cussties houses and my attitude (to you),
think again, 1. ive never been on the dole, so i couldnt cheat the system if i wanted to,
2. all my customers...All.... know im a retained firefighter in my village.they respect me for the job i do 24/7 365 days a year, im not just your every day window cleaner, so when ive been out all night saving a life /animal or even someones house, i still get up and go clean there windows,so i dont think any one of my cussties would begrudge me smoking whilst doing there windows. ok you and some others on here have there opinions to smoking and where you can smoke, and i have mine, we are all open to opinons,
smoking opinions with me really get me wound up, normally from ex smokers, they are the worst.
im sorry if i went off the rails, but you wound the wrong guy up.
Haydn
Hi Haydn
This is off topic, but just a little tip for you?
If you would like to Quote someone? Just click the word Quote on the top right of there reply, then just type your reply below the word Quote at the bottom.
Hope this helps?

djhaydn

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2007, 11:15:58 am »
thanks jeff, i do know how to do it, it just wasnt letting me when i posted that post.
cheers anyway,

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2007, 07:09:34 pm »
I saw another window cleaner smoking while cleaning a customers house the other day, apart from this being totaly unprofessional and rude is it legal with the new laws?

When I was a young whipper snapper I was always smoking at work, I used to zip up and down the ladder till I started smouldering, you couldn't see me for the smoke. ;D

Now I'm nearing my dotage, if I use a ladder I'm a bit more sedate, I just work up a gentle glow :P

Cheers,

Ian