This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

d s windowcleaning

ro unit or not
« on: July 31, 2007, 11:35:02 am »
can anyone help me on this i use a300 gallon per day ro unit with a di vesel as the last stage if i was to do away with the ro unit and replace it with another vesel  the first containing c100e softening resin the second containing mb400 mixed bed resin would i still produce a water with a tds reading of oooppm or would it effect water by removing ro unit would be grateful for adice on this thanks
where theres muck theres money

pjulk

Re: ro unit or not
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 12:45:38 pm »
You only need a DI to produce water at 000.

But if you are in a hardwater area which a lot of us are you are going to get through a lot of resin using DI only.

Paul

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 09:53:39 am »
still needing a bit of advice on this one as im moving soon the place im going i wont beable to set up ro for a couple of months i understand that i will probally use a lot of resin if im in a hard water area the tap tds of where im going is 157 is this classed as hard or soft water and what would be a decent size di unit i normally produce 2000ltrs per week thanks for any advice
where theres muck theres money

U.S. wfp USER

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 01:22:59 pm »
With a tds of 157 you are probably considered borderline between hard and soft.

I would get a 25ltr DI vessle. 

That should last you several weeks to a month.
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

stephen d

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 01:37:28 pm »
why wont the place your going to be able to support a ro unit as surely if you have mains supply water you can put a ro unit in line.am i missing something???