This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mattywig

Re: Stealing my work
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2007, 11:57:58 pm »
I agree with Captain Lard it's all very well banging on about covenants and contracts but ultimately trying to enforce them is impossible!  It's a nightmare scenario the I have always dreaded but there is only one definite answer and that is a warning of serious violence and if that is ignored then serious violence definitely not to be performed by yourself.  If he is physically unable to work then there is no longer an issue!  very sad but he shouldn't have played with feathers if he didnt want his arse tickled!!!

poleman

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2007, 12:12:42 am »
Sorry to hear this Tom, I would only use the above advice as a last resort, a window cleaning war does no one any good  :(

Andy

Ian_Giles

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2007, 06:24:28 am »
I had a similar thing happen to me many years ago, I printed out a professional looking leaflet explaining that an ex employee would be calling around to attempt to take their business from me.
I lost no more than 3 or 4 accounts to him, and these were those that loved him doing there windows when he was working for me.

Slightly different to you though, he wasn't trying to claim I had packed in window cleaning and given the work to him.

Once you put the details of what this guy is trying to do into a leaflet and either hand it to your customers or pop it in their letterbox if they are not in, I doubt you'll lose a single customer, and even those you may have lost to him already, once they hear of the utterly underhand way he is trying to obtain their business, the odds are they will drop him like a shot, and probably give him a piece of their mind to boot.

Talk of violence is ridiculous and completely counter productive and could well make this guy more determined to carry on.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Roy Harding

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2007, 08:21:11 am »
I agree with Captain Lard it's all very well banging on about covenants and contracts but ultimately trying to enforce them is impossible!  It's a nightmare scenario the I have always dreaded but there is only one definite answer and that is a warning of serious violence and if that is ignored then serious violence definitely not to be performed by yourself.  If he is physically unable to work then there is no longer an issue!  very sad but he shouldn't have played with feathers if he didnt want his arse tickled!!!

I totally disagree I had a case of an employee who started to pinch my work. But I had had the foresight to put in place a restrictive covenant. I went to the solicitor and one letter from him saying if he continued in this manner we would claim all monies and damages back through the courts. This stopped him straight away.

Call your selves professionals kicking some one and threatening violence.

You have to be ahead of the game, its no good once someone starts taking your work you need to think smart.

Roy 

LOVEme

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2007, 09:40:44 pm »
Sorry for the delay.

I am new hear but have to say the advice that you lot have given me is second to none  ;)

Well my employee indeed has been trying to get all my work and I am half way thought trying to save it, I have lost 2 so far but that's a small price to pay, I toke the advice about the leaflets and they are working, there was no way I was going to use violence one thing he is 6ft 7ins and big but I more professional and woud advice anyone in the same boat to do the same, agan big thanks to all and are keep in touch

TOM

geefree

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2007, 10:24:51 pm »
In this industry,  i feel, its really hard to employ somebody,

and expect them to be loyal,  how do you  guys do it..?

can i ask you, did you all have the same problems when you first started employing?

by the way , i think most know i work alone and relatively new to w/c.

nut it must be hard to get good , honest , reliable workers.

That said, i take my hat off to you guys who have employees..

no doubt you read these posts and look back with sympathy.

Lizzy

Re: Stealing my work New
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2007, 11:21:33 am »
Sorry for the delay.

I am new hear but have to say the advice that you lot have given me is second to none  ;)

Well my employee indeed has been trying to get all my work and I am half way thought trying to save it, I have lost 2 so far but that's a small price to pay, I toke the advice about the leaflets and they are working, there was no way I was going to use violence one thing he is 6ft 7ins and big but I more professional and woud advice anyone in the same boat to do the same, agan big thanks to all and are keep in touch

TOM

well done.....looks like his games are not going to work now.

Always best to resolve things amicably.  Violence gets you nowhere except in prison.   
Imagine your customers discovering you beat an ex employee to a pulp.  Good for the image isnt it.

Sometimes theres too much testosterone around here!
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

steve m

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2007, 01:57:16 pm »
he'd find it hard to get to work with foar flat tyres, and if that didnt work how'd he get up the ladder with both legs in plaster!!!!!