This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LOVEme

Stealing my work
« on: July 28, 2007, 06:08:22 pm »
Hi All

Some weeks back I had a chap working for me for about a year, which I had to let go because he was letting me down ( late for work or not turning up) anyway last week I had a phone call from one of my customers saying sorry to hear you are not cleaning windows anymore! I then found out it was my ex employee who is going around saying I have handed over the work! ( which I haven't ) I am total gutted  :( just don't know what to do  :( I phoned him up and said what are you playing at, to which he said I am going to take all your houses and you cant do anything about it. I have spoken to family and friends about this but really would like the view point from fellow window cleaners!!

TOM 

matt

Re: Stealing my work
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 06:18:29 pm »
get your backside around all your customers in the evening time and explain before he does take all your work

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 06:20:01 pm »
Hello

i would go and talk to your customers, and show them that you are still doing windows, and then tell them that you be round on such a date, and that you wont be handing over any work to anyone unless they are first contacted by you

i think its best you talk to them face to face, but if they are not in put a slip through their door saying that if anyone but you puts a slip through, not to pay

Lizzy

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 06:23:06 pm »
I think you need to do a leaflet that you should hand deliver & knock each door, explaining that

..........."contrary to what you have been told, I are still cleaning windows and will continue to do so.   There is someone going around my customer list telling you that I am no longer in business.  Their sole reason for this is to steal my customers and work.  As you know, I have worked hard, been reliable and trustworthy and would appreciate your help in stopping this man from ruining my business.    should you be approached and told these lies, please do not believe them.    Any information would also be gratefully recieved."

I look forward to a continued business relationship with you.

etc etc

*Quickly drafted....so not perfect obviously.

GOOD LUCK!   This "gentleman" obviously has no morals.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

pylofm

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 06:29:52 pm »
Tom. so sorry to hear this...Print out what Lizzy has written and get out now to every customer, those you have numbers for ring them....but whatever actions you take....do not wait.

Good luck

Dave.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 06:36:36 pm »
sounds like a lad who worked 4 me allways letting me down then going behind my back i just went and explained to custom what he was doin then gave him a bit of boot after all its your custom hes trying to take  but if he was lettin u down by not turning up then surely your custom must no hes not a reliable person so wouldnt employe him anyway
where theres muck theres money

archercleaningserv

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 06:54:32 pm »
Tom,

exactly same happened to me with lad that worked for me for almost 15 years,

letting me down,telling me when he was working,first sign of rain going home , all the usual.

We started out as mates,so obviously i let alot go, and then we parted , after a few months he did to me the same as you are experiancing.

i phoned him up although i wish i hadnt,because w-----s like him cant see anything wrong , so i pulled him up the other month & to put it in simple terms, i told him that if he attempted to undercut,tell customers crap then he wouldnt be cleaning windows again.

I didnt want it to come to this as i tried asking him to stop messing with the work i bought years ago, although if my customers want to pay less to him,they werent worth keeping in the firstplace.

IT SERIOUSLY ANNOYS ME , all these muppets who do this kind of thing , THEY DESERVE EVERYTHING THEY GET INCLUDING THE LAD WHO THOUGHT HE WAS BEING CLEVER WITH ME .

Chris. ;)

Roy Harding

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 07:58:34 pm »
Tom as every one has said speak to your customers straight away.

I know it’s a bit late but with employees you should have a restrictive covenant in place to stop them window cleaning for a period of 12 months. This can also mean another person employed by them to window clean or to entice a person from you to work for them. And also to restrict them from disclosing any information to a third party about your business.

If they are self-employed you can’t restrict them in the same way as it has to reasonable. You cannot stop him earning his living. But you can restrict him for 3 months from approaching your customers.

I have used restrictive covenants in the past.

Roy

Richy L

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 08:10:28 pm »
i know somebody who had this happen to him!

The best way of going about it is to speak to all the customers and tell them that he is trying to take your round off you.
If you word it in the right way, without sounding like your going to do him in(which im sure you feel like), your customers will realise what a numpty this guy is and will not want this guy cleaninging their windows.

If he'll steal a round off you he might steel more off them!!

Roy Harding

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 08:18:31 pm »

aztec

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2007, 08:42:26 pm »
go and beat ten bells out of him no question!!

p.sthis is a joke  before you all take the moral high ground!!!

but i would

EasyClean

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2007, 10:53:52 pm »
The proper thing to do would be to advise all your customers face to face or by letter if not in explaining an ex-employee is trying to damage your business by stealing your customers from under your nose out of spite because you sacked him for poor attendence, etc.
The quicker, but not adviseable method would be to wait until dark and catch him down a dark alley when no one is around and punch his lights out and tell him it's a warning because the next time you'll put him in hospital (only joking of course) ;D
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

captain lard

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2007, 11:22:46 pm »
It is your livelihood, bottom line is kneecap the, if you cant do it find someone who can and tell the litte whats going to happen, then let him make the choice, seriously, some people only understand one approach.
Very sorry to hear about your problem mate but take the hard line.

Limpiador de la ventana.

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2007, 01:13:52 am »
Try to emphasise highly in your communications with the client that the gentleman in question ...

is a lying scumbag! ;)
Limpieza de la ventana en el Costa Blanca, España

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2007, 07:23:57 pm »
have u got it sorted out now and as your mate got a black eye lol
where theres muck theres money

Neil_A

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2007, 07:38:25 pm »
I would of went to see him and smashed his head in... you cant let people step on you like that.. show him whos boss.. put your gangsta gloves on and go man handle him!!  "i went to see familey" lol jesus what is this world coming to.. :D
GRADE 'A'

simbo

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2007, 07:55:49 pm »
while i do not condone violence, seven bales from me without a doubt afterall he is def trying to get one over on you.
simbo
ps when i do employ which will be soon, i am looking for someone not too bright that works like a dog. we have all met them and i will really look after them
simbo

NWH

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2007, 07:57:10 pm »
Me to :D :D :D :D :D :D

colley614

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2007, 08:00:17 pm »
You want to tell you custy's that you ex-employee "What a nice lad he sounds!" was sacked from your company for not turning up, stealing from you and taking drugs. Make him out to be a real bad lad. I mean would you let someone who sounded like that clean your windows. Then finish what your saying with " Its a shame because he was a really nice lad before he started on the drugs" lol  :)

simbo

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2007, 08:05:00 pm »
coooo ;Dol!!!!