This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

Roundpro users
« on: July 27, 2007, 02:41:43 pm »
Can any one tell me if Roundpro contains any bugs, I am getting fed up with the bugs associated with George.
 Having just discovered another bug, I am starting to lose faith in the program.

I have heard there is another package out there which costs about £2k is anyone using that one.

The latest bug is - I have a customer who has 4 different properties and i get them all on the same invoice, but this month i pressed print and it has printed the same property on the 4 different dates i cleaned 4 different properties.

The bug before that one was when i printed an income forcast it only showed 11 months and the last month had twice the turnover amount.

Other bugs were , where some jobs showed as pre-paid where they clearly wasnt, over the years i have lost at least  £100 with that bug alone, maybe more.

I know The program makers are usually prety quick at sorting out the bugs as they come up, but i now need a more professional package as my business is growing quite quickly.

Thanks

Dave

Moderator David@stives

Re: Roundpro users
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 02:44:31 pm »
Ianhannaford

If you read this

Is there a way to transfer all the data out of George onto your program ?

Dave

Steve Lowe

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 02:49:39 pm »
Hi Dave
Yes i use that other software and its called Service Ceo. None of the others will come close to it but it does come at a premium. Its really meant for larger companies or ones that have plans on growing ;)

Steve
Steven J Lowe MBICSc

Lowes Cleaning Services Limited
www.lowescleaning.com

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 03:10:01 pm »
Steve

I a growing and just want to press reliable buttons when i get home.

Dave

ianhannaford

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 03:37:06 pm »
Ianhannaford

If you read this

Dave

Hi Dave,

I dont think there is any way to transfer the data from George as I don't know that format that it is in.

Ian

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 03:40:00 pm »
just tried downloading roundpro and it keeps saying this program has to close ?

Dave

dudek

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 03:42:24 pm »
Dave,
Have you contacted paul and told him about your experiences?

Dudek

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 03:42:34 pm »
dfsvc.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 03:44:21 pm »
Ianhannaford

If you read this

Dave

Hi Dave,

I dont think there is any way to transfer the data from George as I don't know that format that it is in.

Ian

I think the ability for George to create .csv files and for Roundpro to import them into specified fields would be needed.
I still think that manipulating database software is the most flexible way because although you don't have the protection of a more user friendly interface, there is usually the possibility of creating the setup that you need from it without relying on upgrades.  Harder to set up but worth the effort if you persevere.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 03:45:48 pm »
I contact paul everytime i have a problem , but this is now a problem too far , i just want to press buttons and for everything to work everytime.

My business now demands reliability, so cant spend time sorting software problems.

I think I need a change altogether .

Dave

dudek

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 03:55:57 pm »
Well i have had a few niggly problems and iv not implimented it on my rounds yet :(

I spoke to macc yesterday, i think he is using round pro and he loves it !

Perhaps ask him about it !

Dudek

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 04:08:55 pm »
I contact paul everytime i have a problem , but this is now a problem too far , i just want to press buttons and for everything to work everytime.

My business now demands reliability, so cant spend time sorting software problems.

Dave

Dave.
I think Steve Lowe has the right idea.
Doing things my way is fine for people who are happy with tweaking around with blank, pre-written databases and spreadsheets and entering their own formulae and raw(ish) data.
Doing things the Roundpro or George way is fine if you don't mind the occasional bug and waiting for the programmer to add an upgrade that allows you use the software the way that you want to.

However, it sounds like neither of the above apply to you.

I'm thinking maybe it is time for you to move on to the next level.

Steve Lowe mentioned Service CEO.  I seem to remember that Paul C. Smith uses it too.  I reckon both those guys have a decent business head so I suppose that's some sort of recommendation for it.  It sounds pricey though and from what I've read, may currently be more than you need.  However, I reckon it's better to have spare capacity and grow into it than to end up needing to change software again in a couple of years.  Apparently Service CEO has a steep learning curve but you only have to use the features that you want to.
Don't expect an easy export/import route though from George to ANY software.  Such things are usually possible from one database to another and these programs all seem to be glorified databases with a user friendly front end.  However, it is these front ends that tend to prevent data movement between programs.  You would need to re-enter your data manually I believe (as Paul C. Smith did).  The good thing is that provided you back up your data properly, you only need to do it once - provided you choose software for your future needs as well as your current ones.

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 04:19:06 pm »
Well i have had a few niggly problems and iv not implimented it on my rounds yet :(

I spoke to macc yesterday, i think he is using round pro and he loves it !

Perhaps ask him about it !

Dudek

Hi Mate.

It's Window Cleaner Pro i use, Ian's programe.

I've been using it since he released it & in my oppinion it's the nuts.

Macc

Paul Coleman

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 04:20:19 pm »

Dave

Dave.
I think Steve Lowe has the right idea.
Doing things my way is fine for people who are happy with tweaking around with blank, pre-written databases and spreadsheets and entering their own formulae and raw(ish) data.
Doing things the Roundpro or George way is fine if you don't mind the occasional bug and waiting for the programmer to add an upgrade that allows you use the software the way that you want to.

However, it sounds like neither of the above apply to you.

I'm thinking maybe it is time for you to move on to the next level.

Steve Lowe mentioned Service CEO.  I seem to remember that Paul C. Smith uses it too.  I reckon both those guys have a decent business head so I suppose that's some sort of recommendation for it.  It sounds pricey though and from what I've read, may currently be more than you need.  However, I reckon it's better to have spare capacity and grow into it than to end up needing to change software again in a couple of years.  Apparently Service CEO has a steep learning curve but you only have to use the features that you want to.
Don't expect an easy export/import route though from George to ANY software.  Such things are usually possible from one database to another and these programs all seem to be glorified databases with a user friendly front end.  However, it is these front ends that tend to prevent data movement between programs.  You would need to re-enter your data manually I believe (as Paul C. Smith did).  The good thing is that provided you back up your data properly, you only need to do it once - provided you choose software for your future needs as well as your current ones.

Just to add to this.  If I ever get to the point of being an employer or managing multiple rounds, I would be shelling out for pre-written software that would allow me to manage things well without problems.  I would not persist on my current path.  Although it would probably be possible to manipulate databases to my requirements, I would be at the point where this would eat into valuable time either working or managing.  I think the trick is to get the timing right about when to make the change.  I'm still some way off from that as my first goal is to get a full workload of well paid work just for myself as a sole trader.  Once that is achieved, maybe then I will choose to look at making other changes.  I find change stressful so I prefer to make them gradually rather than too quickly.

Steve Lowe

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 09:19:32 pm »
The problem i had with George was that we do a lot of jobs where we complete many different tasks and i could not fit them all on the same invoice. I also wanted it to work on multiple pc's and it could not. With Service Ceo i can see where staff are at all times as it tracks the vans and it also has dynamic mapping where it can sort out our jobs so that we get more work done by grouping the nearest jobs together etc. We also use a feature called mobiletech where we can connect up to the pc's in the office while out and see all the information we need. The software is full of features but you still find the odd bug so i guess nothing is perfect :'(

Steve
Steven J Lowe MBICSc

Lowes Cleaning Services Limited
www.lowescleaning.com

EasyClean

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 09:28:26 pm »
I also use Window Cleaner Pro and find it really good. Better at invoices, receipts and payment tracking too ;D
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

DASERVICES

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 10:53:33 pm »
Dave,

Get yourself on a course on how to use excel etc.. then you will grow your business on what software you want.

I have the advantage as I know all this ;D