Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nat

Is this a coincidence - I don't think so!
« on: July 26, 2007, 02:47:27 pm »
In the last 6- 8 months i have had a few people cancel, when i have challenged their reasons they always give me a few half hearted reasons which leaves me a little suspicious, i rekon this has happened around ten to fifteen times, anyways after they cancel around 4 months later the old 'For Sale' board appears on thier gardens, I'm like ahh, you were struggling financially and you cancelled cause of that! it could all be coincidental but it just seems very sus! if they can't afford it why not just say so  ::) people can't lose face can they  ;D

anyone else noticed similar?

LWC

Re: Is this a coincidence - I don't think so!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 03:00:42 pm »
some old woman came out shouting and balling saying the pole system doesnt work and all that... next month i go round as i do all the neighbours, house sold...lol  ;D

i think so yes

windolene

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 03:25:00 pm »
Hi,

When people sell their property they usually move to a bigger/better/more desirably property which usually costs more.  So on this basis I doubt if it was because of financial  reasons.  Also Sellers would want their windows spotlessly  clean until sold!

Kevin WINDOLENE.

nat

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 03:29:53 pm »
Hi,

When people sell their property they usually move to a bigger/better/more desirably property which usually costs more.  So on this basis I doubt if it was because of financial  reasons.  Also Sellers would want their windows spotlessly  clean until sold!

Kevin WINDOLENE.

people living above their means? interest rates rising!! not everyone is going bigger and better, lots of dreamers out thier that live in sin with thier credit cards!!!!

i normally get a feel for genuine reasons and the houses in this instance never had valid points so made me curios, i maybe wrong but just seems all coincidental

newbroom

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 03:45:35 pm »
There are no hard & fast rules to why we get blown out.The majority of the time i suspect people find easier to make savings by blowing out the window cleaner rather than give up ciggies or beer money I had customers cancel for the following reasons some good some bad

1. not happy with wfp
2. I want a w/c who is local ( most of my work is 10 miles from home)
3. my friend/son/neighbour etc is starting up as a w/c
4. You didnt knock 1st
5. Your too frequent
6. Your not regular enough
7. You upset my dog with your ladders ( pre wfp )

i bet you all had similar reasons  i just switch of from it now used to wind me up

simon knight

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 03:53:35 pm »
There are no hard & fast rules to why we get blown out.The majority of the time i suspect people find easier to make savings by blowing out the window cleaner rather than give up ciggies or beer money I had customers cancel for the following reasons some good some bad

1. not happy with wfp
2. I want a w/c who is local ( most of my work is 10 miles from home)
3. my friend/son/neighbour etc is starting up as a w/c
4. You didnt knock 1st
5. Your too frequent
6. Your not regular enough
7. You upset my dog with your ladders ( pre wfp )

i bet you all had similar reasons  i just switch of from it now used to wind me up

All of above, plus I think that in some cases there are people think of their windows like their carpets....not something to be cleaned regularly, just when dirty.

pjulk

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 04:17:53 pm »
I had one cancel when she had new windows put in.

She came out with excuse my windows are left wringing wet.

I said thats right i always leave them wet.

I want them done the old way as my window have just been put in.

I just said thats alright we do new windows everyday and it makes no differance.

Yes but they are only 2 months old and you will ruin them.

I said your talking a load of rubbish here as it will not ruin your windows.
You never complained before.
I have never had new windows before she said.

Funny thing is she went over to me after seeing me use WFP so she new the score when she signed up.

Some people you just can't please

If someone wants to cancel i wish they would tell the truth as to why but they never do andif you ask them they just make something up.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 04:31:04 pm »

I said your talking a load of rubbish here as it will not ruin your windows.
You never complained before.

http://www.westegg.com/unmaintained/carnegie/win-friends.html    ;D

Don't worry about it.  I'm a bit upfront with them too sometimes.   :)

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 04:57:25 pm »
My problem is picking up customers, doing them one month then the for sale sign goes up 2 months later the place is sold and the customer has canceled.  Does my head in.  I would think people want their windows cleaned when trying to sell.

Simon.

Londoner

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 05:10:18 pm »
Reasons to cancel are often an excuse that hides the real truth. But if times are hard we are an expense that can be eliminated. A bit too easily sometimes.

I too have had the new customers who want a window cleaner all of a sudden, then next time you drive past there is a for sale board up.

simon knight

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 05:15:16 pm »

Unfortunately Vince it's a fact of life that few customers play a straight ball.

Oh well...we survive.