Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NBwcs

Economic pinch.
« on: July 26, 2007, 01:57:26 pm »
Anyone else noticing it? There has been a steady trickle of new business since xmas which flattened out in June and is now going in the other direction. Ive had about 8 custys over the last fortnight ask me not to clean this time round because "things are tight". I dont think its down to another wc or the fact ive recently changed to wfp as most have not dropped me completely. Over the last 3 years, the only reason people have dropped off was down to moving (well in the main). Perhaps its just this area,or even coincidence. Whats it like where you are?

Majestic

Re: Economic pinch.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 02:00:38 pm »
It could be that you are doing such a good job and the windows are staying cleaner for longer

NBwcs

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 02:09:01 pm »
It might be but I only wfp the upstairs, (trolly system from an estate), and made a deliberate decision to continue doing the downs with fairy to try and avoid people asking for 8 weekly cleans. I know 8 weeklys can be a lucrative way to go if you up the price but people round here dont want to pay the extra and it means getting more customers at a time when every man and his dog is offering to clean windows.

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 02:18:56 pm »
I think alot todo with it this fantastic Government has increased the cost of living so much with its taxes that its starting to bite.

Before the Torie's got in last time the country was bankrapt, if you were lucky to have a job it was 3 days a week & the rest were on strike. It's all happening again & Labour are only good at taxing & spending.

So get ready for no work.

A friend of mine works in the city & he said to me interest rates will be 10% min by the end of next year.

Macc

NBwcs

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 02:29:20 pm »
Bang goes any idea of putting prices up next spring if that turns out to be true,

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 02:40:56 pm »
Bang goes any idea of putting prices up next spring if that turns out to be true,

Dont think it will be a matter of putting prices up, we wont be working as this government will import another million immigrants to do what work is left.

simon knight

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 04:40:48 pm »

Dont think it will be a matter of putting prices up, we wont be working as this government will import another million immigrants to do what work is left.

I think you're right. I'm charging the same rate as 12 months ago but am now being turned down on price when I'm quoting for new biz. Last week saw some Asian guys working one of "my" streets.

OK it's never "my" street but fact is they've just turned up out of the blue and suddenly my calls to regulars on that street (do around 30) aren't being returned.

I mean it ain't rocket science...I've been well and truly undercut >:(