This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Majestic

Terms
« on: July 26, 2007, 01:52:58 pm »
I was asked to quote for a very large window / cladding cleaning job.I told them I would e mail them my price and if it was ok I would then send Risk assessment / Method statement and a copy of my quote for them to sign and return.

Included on my quote was payment is required within  28 days .
I got the job and sent off all documents, but am having trouble getting them to return a copy of my quote signed so I have it in writting that they are going to pay me after 28 days.

They want me to start it on August 6th, but I have told them I need a signed copy of my quote with a order number on at least 7 days before the start date .
So if I have not had it returned by Tuesday I wont be doing it.
 They want to pay me after 60 days, but its a large amount and I dont intend to wait that long for payment

nat

Re: Terms
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 02:23:58 pm »
stand your ground John, get them on your terms not thiers otherwise don't do it, you could regret it later if you don't do things your way!

Trevor Knight

Re: Terms
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 02:45:09 pm »
I find with a 60 day invoice proceedure it generally turns into 90 days!

My advice is if you can absorb the 60 day impact then agree but change your terms stating your interest rate for payment over and exceeding 60 days.

You have to do your maths and see if the job is finacially viable for you and can you take the credit hit??

Best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire