This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

gave in today...
« on: July 25, 2007, 06:55:09 pm »
...i did 2 factories today with the pole, they were filthy, like disgusting, so i thought just for now, windows only...did them, came to check, awful results. wfp this is

then i went and did all the frames rinsed really well...still no good

then did them again and scrimmed all the tops of the windows...again no good

lost me rag so traded them all, is it safe to say they will never come good, i have no problem trading them obviously wfp is quicker.

i have never know windows like it, in the year i have been doing it, i have never had this problem where they never came good.

these werent the windows but the closest pic i could find...some had vents which i left, and then did try to clean but still runs and spots everywhere...drove me insane  :(

cat9921

Re: gave in today...
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 07:04:04 pm »
I know how you feel

I love my WFP and cry if there are windows that do not like it.. Never mind you cannot win them all.  ::)

groundhog

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 07:06:24 pm »
Trad to the rescue again!!!!! ;D

LWC

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 07:09:54 pm »
Trad to the rescue again!!!!! ;D

hardy d har har  :P ;D

but can someone explain to me why it does this? i have never known it not to work.

and what annoyed me even more...the bottom windows were slightly out of my reach so to top it off i had to use step ladders

EasyClean

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 07:15:48 pm »
I use to clean a factory with similar windows. The seals around the windows were loose everywhere and always use to retain  dirt and water. Glass would dry lovely until the runs from the loose seals run down afterwards. I passed the work on as too much hassle with WFP and too time consuming, (easy trad if you leave the top edge of the panes of glass).
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

LWC

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 07:56:25 pm »
yeh ill trad it. i dont mind, but its dammed annoying isnt it! never come across it before

its bloomin miles away too... ::)

JM123

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 08:04:20 pm »
I've had one house that would never come up right.  I think it was the seal breaking down slowly.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

edd

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 08:21:00 pm »
Matt did you check your tds m8 and where is that place

NWH

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 08:33:34 pm »
Where they in aluminum casings,these types of windows always spot badly and are used a lot on factorys and industrial estates.

LWC

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 09:25:01 pm »
tds 000 as always only got 050 goin in

and i cant tell you that eddie  :P

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 09:52:02 pm »
Ladderless Window Cleaner who ocassionally uses ladders!!! you'll have to change your sign writting, remember trad is a tool too, increase the price, tell  them some jargon about their windows and tell them you'll have to do it trad, also make a point that they won't stay as clean, meaning more cleans! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

jouk45

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 09:54:31 pm »
just watch out for anything alu, you will get what looks like a milky residue from them, rinse well

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2007, 07:29:27 am »
I've got half a dozen houses with aluminium frames.
There's always a few spots at the top of the windows, sometimes more.

None of them ever come up perfect.
I could rinse them for 5 minutes, it wouldn't matter.

* mike RH

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2007, 12:49:14 pm »
So what do you do if there are alminium frames, just avoid getting water on them?

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2007, 01:53:57 pm »
So what do you do if there are alminium frames, just avoid getting water on them?

I avoid them. The job that is.

Macc

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2007, 03:42:04 pm »
Either that or they have to put up with a few spots on the upstairs.

Downstairs I'll just squeegee if it's straightforward.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2007, 03:53:06 pm »
Squeaky you got mail

LWC

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2007, 04:38:19 pm »
ill just trad em...cant beeive i just said that lol  :o ;D

Kevs wfp

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2007, 08:22:33 pm »
I wfp a hotel with aluminum frames, they do spot a little but when I sold the job I told them I could either do the whole frame and have a few spots or just do the glass (not top of frame) and side and bottom of frame. The owner said he would rather have all the frame done and put up with a few spots. So because I explained at the beginning there is no problem. The owner tells everyone its the best system he has seen as the frames are gleaming and from  the usuall veiwing distance the glass looks fantastic, its only when you get real close you see a few spots along the top.

lets face it most people dont look at glass as close as we do, unless they are domestic customers with nothing better to do. If I did them trad, i would be risking falling, the frames would be not as clean either. I also got this job because I was cheaper than previous company because it took them 1.5 days with two blokes, it takes me 1 day with just me.

edd

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2007, 08:37:48 pm »
like i would want a crap job like that anyway ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Mattyboyo lmfao