Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

backpack pump in van
« on: July 25, 2007, 06:04:57 pm »
Well,

time to come clean with my set up, i mentioned in earlier posts about simply using my backpack pump for my van mount.

well i did it .. and it works fine, and i use number 2 on all houses with 50 metres of microbore..... so 40 psi is fine for me and i have various settings, with a tap on the pole end for water on and off.....

But..... i know it may have to be temporary as i am not sure if the pump will withstand pumping it  50 metres then up the pole forever,  (although it handles it with ease at the mo.)

does anyone else do this or is it just me with me being a tight git lol?

i do want a leisure battery for the pump but the backpack one seems fine..

can i use a strong battery for this pump? which one and what charger would i need.

a million questions again. sorry  :D

NWH

Re: backpack pump in van
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 06:08:31 pm »
Some WCS only use a 60psi pump for a hundred meters of micrbore day in day out.

LWC

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 06:40:09 pm »
i couldnt see a problem of using that way every day

only thing that would do my head in is the water running out

how do you cpe with that, if only we could come up with something so the big tanks automatically fill the backpack up

i thought making a splitter pipe to the pump and could switch the other one off...but then i couldnt be bothered lol

geefree

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 07:45:20 pm »
i have it all connected in the van.... i simply use a backpack pump and battery... bracketed up in the van.... and i have a 250 litre tank....

i simply transferred my backpack and turned it into a van mount lol.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 10:00:22 pm »
when I have my setup, with backpack will i be able to fill the backpack up from the tank with the varistrean on full using the hose? Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 10:05:44 pm »
YES that`s what i do.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 10:07:16 pm »
when I have my setup, with backpack will i be able to fill the backpack up from the tank with the varistrean on full using the hose? Luke

That's what I do. With 2 flowjets turned up full through 2 x 100m regular hose and it take exactly 2 mins to fill up 1 backpack.

Simon.

geefree

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 10:08:11 pm »
Cant you simply disconnect the hose from the hosepipe/ reel  in the van and drop it into the backpack.... fills up in a couple of minutes...  i have a hoselock in line tap and the end of it .. so it can do both.

geefree

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 10:21:45 pm »
[i do want a leisure battery for the pump but the backpack one seems fine..

can i use a strong battery for this pump? which one and what charger would i need.

a million questions again. sorry :D

cleantech.co.uk

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 10:58:25 am »
we fit a 3/4" outlet from the tank for this, gravity will fill a backpack in a few seconds with this method, the sureflo / flojet pumps are far to slow for this use.
All posts by Justin @ Cleantech unless specified otherwise

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 09:21:01 pm »
justin, please explain what I need to buy and do to fill  a backpack up in a few seconds!!! sounds great, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

NWH

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2007, 09:31:12 pm »
Luke filling from the vanmount means your water is 000 as long as it`s gone through resin,straight from the tank with a sub pump means that you`ll be filling it with RO water not certain to be 000.If i use the backpack it`s only normally no more than 30ltrs in a day,if i fill it through minibore in the van a quick drink and it`s full.If you don`t want to waste time top it up when you have your breaks.

groundhog

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 08:01:48 am »
Just get yourself a decent bilge pump, it takes me less than 20 seconds to fill my backpack! ;D

geefree

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 10:24:04 am »
what batteries do you all use mainly and what charger as i know little about this

cheers.

Davie T

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 10:32:33 am »
We use the outlet as Justin ( Cleantech) describes. No problems with it and as I believe, the fewer working parts involved, the better it is!

john tomkins

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 11:28:09 am »
what batteries do you all use mainly and what charger as i know little about this

cheers.

I use a 85a/h leisure battery, I got it from a local caravan shop £30 ish.
Got this intelligent charger from Machine Mart http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/ac70-12v-battery-charger

geefree

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 04:39:38 pm »
thanks john.  ;)