This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Captain Scarlet

Re: PROTECTAKOTE HELP!!
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2007, 10:03:19 pm »
Nothing is working with this, Swafega, Xylene, Acetone, Soap, Hot water, Turps etc ect, I'm just going to have to live with it, I've got cuts on my hands and the acetone kills! I've also had a bit of a high from using the paint all day, xylene and all the other chemicals, I got the giggles about nothing! Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2007, 10:04:03 pm »
won't it damage your engine?
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

jouk45

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2007, 10:05:23 pm »
have you tryed methalated spirits

jouk45

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2007, 10:06:18 pm »
you only add a few ml to a full tank

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2007, 07:37:12 am »
Hi Luke,

Sorry, but I've only just seen your post.  First of all, you must wear gloves - just the cheap, throwaway nitrile gloves.  The only solvent that's effective against ProtectaKote is xylene.  If you can't buy xylene locally, Hammerite thinner is the same stuff, but dearer.  As you say, this paint sticks to the blanket like the proverbial s**t !

Andrew

StevePB

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2007, 11:12:22 am »
  Luke, I am not sure but the concentration of acetone in nail varnish remover may not be high enough.
As posts above have mentioned and as I have said above already, very potent and you must wear gloves.

Yes you can get from any chemist, they do stock it but larger quantity will have to be ordered.

I ordered way too much, I have 750ml left over, you will not use as much as you think you will.

I used pure acetone and it does get that floor protection off of your skin but wash and rinse your hands as soon as you can.It gets it off of metal as it did the insides of my van.

Just passing on my input, worked for me. Glad you have got it done now, just give it time to dry.

Steve.
No sweat no get

sunshine windows

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2007, 03:00:48 pm »
I got some small dots of the stuff on my skin when i covered my van floor. Unless you get it off straight away it's almost impossible to remove.

Although i used it in a well ventilated area, i had a banging head ache afterwards.

For about the next week or so, every time i did something physically tyring that left me breathless my head felt like it was going to explode. Bless her, the missus thought i was going off her.  :o :o :o

Lance
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk