This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Captain Scarlet

a few days ago somebody posted a picture of a crinkle monofilament brush with yellow bristles ( I think ) and a mk1 swivel on it, could you post it again, I've spent hours looking but can't find it. thanks, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

NWH

Luke you can get them at Essentially Pure or Gardiners.

jeff1

Captain Scarlet

I've found the picture now

I think it looks like that ionics brush I bought on ebay, does it have dual trim? and where can I get it? Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

jouk45

a few days ago somebody posted a picture of a crinkle monofilament brush with yellow bristles ( I think ) and a mk1 swivel on it, could you post it again, I've spent hours looking but can't find it. thanks, Luke

here it is
this is mk1

these are mk2

NWH

Luke those brushes are nothing like that brush you got off of Ebay.

Davew

My Mk2 actually popped apart today (not very good) Still wouldn't be without a swivel though, so come on budding inventors there is a market there for proper swivels. I would pay good money for an idestructable one. :)

Captain Scarlet

NWH, without the swivel they do look similar from the back, the body is a similar size and shape and the bristles are similar. I really like the brush from ebay, I would like it to have smaller jets though, but I don't know how to do that, I would also like another but the guy hasn't listed anymore! Luke

Captain Scarlet

so why has the gaz salmon changed? don't they still make one like in the first picture? where can I buy them from? I would like to know the real manufacturer and somebody who converts them to wfp ( adding jets etc ), Luke

Jeff Brimble

If you do a search you wont find them, its Gazs little secret.

jeff1

JM123 still has some for sale and I also think Alex still has some  left. but I think Alex's has the mk2 swivel.

NWH

Luke the jets on that ionics brush could do with being a bit wider apart anyway,buy some small brass jets and you`ll need a small drill bit and can`t remember without going to the tool kit but i think it`s 3.5.Drill a hole each side the hole should be just tight enough so you have to tap them in with a hammer,you can buy the brush hose from B+Q the Y peice that you got with the brush will fit if it`s tight cut to legnth and drop them in a cup of hot water so it`s easier to get over the Y peice.

Davew

Luke you buy the brushes from Hill Brush company. The jets Gaz fitted are easy peasy -connectors from B&Q from their plant irigation section cost about £2.80 for a packet of ten or so. Pull a couple of tufts out each side of the brush, drill a couple of holes and stick your jets in with a little bit of pipe to center them into the hole. Try and borrow a Gaz brush and see for yourself.

NWH

I would do them with the brass jets as there far more robust and last loads longer,when the brush has had it you can pull out the jets with a claw hammer and re use them.

Davew

Pays yer money etc. ;)

Clear Vision

My Mk2 actually popped apart today (not very good) Still wouldn't be without a swivel though, so come on budding inventors there is a market there for proper swivels. I would pay good money for an idestructable one. :)

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! Propper swivels???

That blue brush in the pic above that jouk45 posted is mine.

I use it every day and has never let me down. You must be rough with your equipment?

Davew

No not rough at all, only use Superlights and fishing poles. Just unlucky I guess, it quite often pops into a different position. Some days it tends to stick too other days feels too loose. They are ok but not brilliant.

buzz06

hi i bought the mk2 swivel (blue brush in pics) & attached it to a ionics brush & it didnt even last 2 days before it began to pop out all the time.
its not fit for purpose in my humble opinion or it should be sold with a warning only suitable for very lightweight brushes
still i put it down to experience ....but if i could find a stronger one, the short time it did work showed the advantage in them.

jouk45

hi guys there is a  very simple solution to stop the ball joint poping out, from the top drill a hole all the way through, make sure its straight,  then use a machined bolt, with only threads at the end for a locking nut, it will never come of again,

this hex bolt will do it

use a nylon self locking nut

Davew

Looks good Jo, I would think the sensitivity of the joint could be changed depending on how tight the nut was tightened up.