This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Police check
« on: July 24, 2007, 05:39:34 pm »
I have an old peoples home to quote but presumably I would need to be vetted first? I think I read on here of some kind of Police check that can be done? Anyone know?

Alex Wingrove

Re: Police check
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 05:43:32 pm »
are you sure,

ive never been police checked

Davew

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 05:53:33 pm »
No not sure at all, just seemed to make sense to me. If I had an old or infirm relative would I want the window cleaner doing the insides of their flat? He could have a dreadful criminal record.

DASERVICES

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 05:59:40 pm »
Window cleaners in Scotalnd have to under go this :- http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/

I would think you can apply through this in England :- http://www.crb.gov.uk/

If you work in a school by law you have to be checked, other places are now looking for this.

Davew

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 06:09:47 pm »
Had a quick look at crb but I'm pretty sure you can't request a check on yourself so maybe it would be down to the residents which would seem unlikely. It could also leave you wide open for accusations of theft or wrong doing. After all old people are seen as vunerable adults

EasyClean

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 06:15:51 pm »
Why make life awkward for yourself if there's no requirement, seems daft to me ;D
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 06:39:54 pm »
a window cleaner/piano tutor I know got vetted because he works with young kids, he just went down the station and got some sort of certificate, hes only 20 himself!
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 08:30:21 pm »
working with children and the infirm are very different

i worked at a school and had to be police checked, but ive never heard of it for a old persons home

i believe it is down to the owner of the home to get that done if they want it,

with schools its more than compulsory its is like do or dont work,

Davew

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 08:33:05 pm »
Thanks, thought I would ask 'cos I don't know.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 09:28:21 pm »
I clean windows at 2 schools and a nursery and have not been police checked

niceandclean

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 10:39:52 pm »
I have been checked, as was asked by a school that i do, as i clean during school hours. I used a company called medicare, they carry out the check through the crb on your behalf. Cost me for a full check about £35.