This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clear Vision

backpack water usage
« on: July 23, 2007, 07:09:14 pm »
I have been using my backpack every day now for about a month!

I cant see past it.

The only thing that bugs me a bit is the fact that it goes through the tank of water fairly fast.

I use it on the lowest setting (number 1 of 4)

On most jobs I find that flow rate to be more than adequate but sometimes I would like it to be a bit faster.

I can Usually get round a 4 bed detached bungalow or 3 small semis on 1 tank.

What I would like to know is if I fit smaller id jets to my brushes will that give me more water pressure and less usage?

Matthew
Clear Vision

jouk45

Re: backpack water usage
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 07:13:47 pm »
yes

Clear Vision

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 07:15:55 pm »
good answer. Straight to the point!  lol lol

Were can I get small id jets from and will the fit onto all my original tubing?

Matthew

jouk45

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 07:23:56 pm »
cleantech, did do a 1mm jet, thats the one i have,   the standard is 2mm,   you need to
ask  mike, they actualy make them their selfs,

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 07:24:18 pm »
If you cannot get jets of the size you need maybe fill the holes of old ones you have with araldite and re drill to the size you want. I am currently trying miniscule 1/32" with 4 jets. You might try 1.5mm or 2mm also depends on how many jets you have ?

Clear Vision

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 07:26:09 pm »
Could I drill 0.5 mm holes jeff?

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 07:33:45 pm »
Pretty small, you may have to use a model makers chuck/drill as the 1/32 was too small for my big drill. The higher speed also makes neater holes. I think you could make jets out of any thing like a plastic rod etc stuffed up the pipe and drilled out. I use the goof plugs from B&Q used to block their water piping and then just drilled out they fit tightly inside the algarde hose.

jouk45

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 07:35:21 pm »
ok matthew i am going to show you a great trick, and it will cost you nothing, just give me time to borrow my daughters mobile camera   ;D will put it up shortly

Clear Vision

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 07:36:29 pm »
Quick!!! lol i got to go soon

Clear Vision

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 07:37:54 pm »
Pretty small, you may have to use a model makers chuck/drill as the 1/32 was too small for my big drill. The higher speed also makes neater holes. I think you could make jets out of any thing like a plastic rod etc stuffed up the pipe and drilled out. I use the goof plugs from B&Q used to block their water piping and then just drilled out they fit tightly inside the algarde hose.

jeff,

It's easy to make jets out of anything but the problem I have is how do you get the jet to stay in the brush and how do you attach tube to the jet?

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2007, 07:46:34 pm »
Drill a hole the size of the hose through the brush head, when you fit your jet into the hose it will swell the hose a bit then just push fit into the brush from the other side. Practice on an old brush.
Maybe .05mm is a bit small for 2 jets but you can allways go up to 1mm or 1.5mm
 I use ott pencil jets fitted into a bit of plastic angle aimed at the very tip of the bristles.

Clear Vision

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2007, 07:47:33 pm »
Thanks jeff

Will play around

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 07:48:26 pm »
I use ott pencil jets fitted into a bit of plastic angle aimed at the very tip of the bristles

jouk45

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 08:37:42 pm »
heres the easy way, remember where you first saw it  ;D

Count Phil

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 08:52:30 pm »
When i made my tucker jets smaller I filled them with a tube, inside the tube I used a halfords T shape for windscreen washer systems. I cut the side bites of ( the T bits) and pushed them into the tube.

I thought they were 2 mm but they really fired the water out. When I actually measured them they were roughly 1.8mm. Not a lot smaller but it makes a huge difference in power. I turn the varistream right down and still have good pressure. So if you do get them you will notice the difference. I would say 1.5mm would be plenty small enough. It will feel like its on full power on the lowest setting. Its funny, it also seems like the same amount of water is coming out, but you're actually using much less.

Clear Vision

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2007, 07:21:36 am »
heres the easy way, remember where you first saw it  ;D

Who's matthew???  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers joe!!!!

I will have a go tonight.  ;)

Clear Vision

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2007, 09:11:45 pm »
Thanks for the video joe!

I will give it a go.

I see you use the john guest push fit typ jet holders???

How do you fit them into the brush head?

Matthew

jouk45

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2007, 09:19:19 pm »
it would take to long to explain it matthew, but if you go to the diywaterfed forum, look under diy brush,
matts got full instructions plus pics

LWC

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2007, 09:54:18 pm »
jo thats brilliant

dai

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2007, 09:57:17 pm »
If you use Aruldite, no drilling is necessary. You fill the hole with Aruldite and put a needle of what ever diameter you want inside. You then remove the needle when the Arudite goes off. Just a spot of oil on the needle will stop it from sticking. Dai