This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ken

Gloucestershire Cleaners.
« on: July 22, 2007, 11:22:03 pm »
Ok, I'm based in Cheltenham and in all likelihood, there's not going to be any clean water in Cheltenham, Gloucester or Tewkesbury tomorrow (and maybe not til Thursday). So how well is window cleaning going to go down with people? We can go trad for a few days but even buckets of water are going to draw comments surely, what they'll say if we started spraying wfp all over the show, who knows! Any suggestions? We're stacked up with work this week, so can't take time off (and can't afford to).

On a plus side I have filled all my jerry cans and my storage tank with water so hopefully we'll be ok, and can help out those less fortunate!

PHILC

Re: Gloucestershire Cleaners.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 12:38:11 am »
to be honest m8 i think if you live in the worst affected areas having your windows cleaned will be the last thing on their minds

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 02:23:21 pm »
If you're going trad then you got your water from a water butt didn't you? ;)
It's a game of three halves!

rs_cleancare

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 02:41:19 pm »
I'm also live in Cheltenham Ken!

There is talk that we could be without water for up to 2 weeks :o

It is one of thouse difficult questions if we don't go to work until the problem is sorted then we get behind with our work but more importantly we don't get paid!
If we go out and work and spray water around like it's going out of fasion we will have a linch mob on our hands....
I think it's going to be tradional for now commercial only or if it looks like we are going to without water for a long time I'm taking my summer holiday early that has been planed for sept.

Rob.

Adam Boss

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 07:45:16 pm »
Shiner,
I think comments like yours about "SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO LIE " will bring this forum down and the media would have a field day.
Any comments on making money while people are fighting over water to drink will bring unwanted attension to the dark reputation that some people's regard
to window cleaners.
Think the moderator should remove daft posts like shiner has made. :( :(
 Adam
EST: 1988

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 07:56:13 pm »
Yeah, window cleaners are evil. >:( >:(

;D

Ken

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 07:58:20 pm »
I have to agree with asboss! People are going to go crazy if you start pumping water all over houses whilst they're queuing at water bowsers. We will be travelling out of the area on Wednesday and probably Thursday so will be able to top up sufficient water for trad but nowhere near enough for wfp. I can't fill my own system now as our water has gone off. I did use my (lightly-used) washing up water today, seemed to work alright and I picked up a new customer!
Also, I don't lie!

Gordon Saunders

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 09:07:43 pm »
  I have been cleaning (trad) for last three days in areas with no water . All comments i have recieved have been of concern for my livelihood and my two very young children. People are generally understanding of the fact i have to earn a living. i am doing my bit and not using wfp at the moment not that i could anyway with no running water.
  Gordon

jeff1

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 09:20:36 pm »
Like I said in another post (Floods) if W/C were to help supply clean water to those in need then W/C will become local hero's and not villans, there is plenty of camera's there to show the world?

I'm sure for you guy's in the affected area's there are plenty of guy's on here and close by, that will be more than willing to help with clean tap water and pure water if needed.

I was very supprised to see the lack of response from guy's on the forums to our fellow W/C who are now in need of our help.

Llaaww

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 09:26:07 pm »
Like I said in another post (Floods) if W/C were to help supply clean water to those in need then W/C will become local hero's and not villans, there is plenty of camera's there to show the world?

the trouble is that if the water you hand out is harbouring a bug you could poisen a lot of people all at the same time. you might go from hero to zero in 24 hrs. :-\ :-\
if it is dirty it is fair game

jeff1

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 09:32:05 pm »

the trouble is that if the water you hand out is harbouring a bug you could poisen a lot of people all at the same time. you might go from hero to zero in 24 hrs. :-\ :-\

If were bringing Tap water from out of the area how can we be bringing bugs in, I've been drinking my water for years now and I'm still here.

I'm not on about W/C in the effected area's but the out of town W/C

rugby

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2007, 02:36:40 pm »
had a customer phone me yesterday asking when i was comeing,i said i cant work untill the water is back on "im wfp" she said but i thought you made your own special water  ???

i was leaving window cleaning within a few months anyway,but with being constantly rained off, and now no water for the next 2 weeks im calling it a day and i shouldnt think i will be the last window cleaner to jack it in,especialy if we get the wet winter they are predicting.this weather will sort out the men from the boys,anyone seen my teddy bear.

Mike_G

Re: Gloucestershire Cleaners. New
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2007, 03:21:27 pm »
Just got back from Spain and will work trad only tomorrow on shops, not sure what reaction I will get but I hope not a bad one!

Rugby if you are looking to offload your round could you let me know, my brother is looking to get started and would be interested.

rs_cleancare

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2007, 04:47:33 pm »
Rugby,

If you have an good priced commercial work to sell give us a call!

Good price offered.

Rob. 07963 134139