Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

m.b.s.

reply please alex gardiner
« on: July 22, 2007, 03:19:56 pm »
just bought a flojet 12v 7 amps 60psi pump  what kind of battery do i use to work it for using a 20 ft pole for a wfp system please help
ps how much are these batterys and where can i get one
                                   cheers all ???

Alex Gardiner

Re: help needed alex gardiner
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 04:25:09 pm »
I would recommend a deep cycle leisure battery of about 85AH, this will give you about 2 full days work between charges. You can also wire this up with a split charge relay (I use this on one of our vehicles) which will allow it to charge from your vehicle's alternator. If you choose the split charge relay option you might find on the odd occasion that at the end of the day if you have not done much driving that the pump runs slow, if this happens then simply start the car's engine.

You can buy these batteries from most motor factors, find a local one and the price will be about £50-70.

Another way of powering these pumps that I use (on one of our other vehicles)is to simply run it off of your vehicles own battery. This is a very simple way of setting up. You will need to check that you have the largest battery that your vehicle can fit, if you have a large diesel engined vehicle then you will probably be OK. I find that this works very well although you will reduce the battery life from about 3 years down to about 18 months. As soon as you suspect that the battery is getting old, buy a replacement one and you will never be caught out with a flat battery. To get a feed simply run a wire and fused switch off of the + terminal to the pump and then hook up with a good earth connection near the pump (the rear light clusters often have a good earth source).

m.b.s.

Re: help needed alex gardiner
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 05:55:20 pm »
thanks alex but dose this need to be a heavy duity split relay as wanteng it to use with a normal car ie ford mondeo als are the green lesure batterys on ebay the right ones cheers

Alex Gardiner

Re: reply please alex gardiner
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 07:06:21 pm »
If using with a separate battery, then a standard split charge relay would be fine.  I am not sure what the batteries are on Ebay but if they are leisure batteries, they are bound to be suitable.  Personally, I would just upgrade your Mondeo battery to the heaviest duty 3 year warranty one that will fit into that car (just ask at a motor factors what the biggest battery is that will fit) and wire your pump directly into the main car battery.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 07:20:56 pm »
Alex

Whats your biggest tank size you sell and how quick for delivery, or pick up from you.

p.s Whats the name of your window cleaning firm ?

Dave

m.b.s.

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 07:28:11 pm »

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 08:14:31 pm »
www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk

I dont think Dave meant that name  :) I think he meant the name "ABC Window washers" etc ,  whatever his personal company is.

Chris 

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 09:15:58 pm »
Hi Dave

The biggest standard size is 650 litres but we can get hold of 900 litre tanks from our supplier.  The tanks have to be delivered as they come direct from the manufacturer.

Gardiner & Gardiner is the name of our commercial window cleaning firm.

Spruce

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 09:30:34 pm »
Hi
Good place to buy a leisure battery is from your local caravan accessory supplier.
Brought an 85amp hr one with 2 year warranty for £35.00 from our local outlet in Catterick.
You don't have the additional transport costs. Deliveries of batterys falls under a special delivery catagory.
Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)