This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

When is the worst time?
« on: July 22, 2007, 09:09:07 am »
Question for the experienced members : when is the worst time? Obviously the winter time but when - just before Christmas? or perhaps just after when no one has any money?

pylofm

Re: When is the worst time?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 09:18:01 am »
Winter is fine...just need to dress for it really..invest in good quality gear....

This time of year is 'not that' as the whole country would appear to be on holiday !!

Dave.

Davew

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 09:27:58 am »
Thanks but I don't mean the worst time to clean. I mean the worst month for income.

simon knight

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 09:49:39 am »

I find just before xmas is a good time as they all want 'em done for when the in-laws come to stay...also you can get a fair few tips ;D

Generally the winter months are the worst for income as we've a shorter daylight hours.

pjulk

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 10:12:50 am »
For me its stay pretty much the same all through the year.

Paul

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 12:15:12 pm »
I find it more consistent than I used to because I now work in weather up to and including moderate rain.  If shorter daylight puts me behind, I'll try to make it up on the weekend.

Mr.G

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 11:39:38 pm »
Its becoming unpredictable the last coupla years cos of the global warming, dry winters wet summers kinda stuff, but I think the short days of december are still the worst time

mark dew

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 11:49:34 pm »
The summer is when i seem to wait the longest for cheques. I have a couple of custies who don't pay for a couple of months after xmas but summertime i seem to wait thew longest due to holidays, seems to be the excuse.
I'm just starting my 4th year so not alot of experience to compare. But for me so far, the winter time has been the best time for picking up new work and i seem to be more productive and assertive 'cos i know i won't be starting any new jobs after 3.45 pm as its getting dark.

EasyClean

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 08:44:14 pm »
Summer 2007! Who knows, ask the scientists, global warming is changing the predictable seasons, they don't exist anymore ;D About the only month that is predictable is February.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

NWH

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 08:48:24 pm »
What happens in february then.

Pj

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 08:58:02 pm »

28 days, cold, wet, short days.  Nothing happens in february!

Llaaww

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 09:19:13 pm »

its my birthday
if it is dirty it is fair game

matt

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 09:22:33 pm »
same all year round to be honest for me, though i must say the past 3 weeks have been dire

EasyClean

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 11:12:39 pm »

Coldest, driest days of the year. As an arthritus sufferer I tend to love this month because all my aches and pains vanishes ;D
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

rosskesava

Re: When is the worst time? New
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 11:46:08 pm »
For income, from a good few years of book keeping, January or February.

The best month, which always surprises me is November.

same all year round to be honest for me, though i must say the past 3 weeks have been dire

The last 3 months around here have been dire to say the least. I live in Brighton and the summer months are always good because of over fill of tourists and the trade they bring. This year though, the place has been deserted, many traders are in dire straights with loads going bust and so my summer time work has been curtailed.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.