This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

archercleaningserv

What would you do? Empty promises !
« on: July 21, 2007, 07:28:40 pm »
I priced a job up & i am in the middle of cleaning it , however when i met the person in charge he told me that one of his men would operate the boom lifts & this isnt the case.

on the first day he supplied me with an operator whilst i wfp the roof & sides of the building , the building is round and all glass.

I priced up at £1200.00 in/out.

I went on monday and took 2 lads with me ,to be told operator wasnt turning up , so set me back.

Turned up today (saturday) at 7.30 with 2 lads & was told the same , operator wasnt turning up saying he was ill.

I am IPAF qualified so he asked me to operate the machinery at an extra cost , WHAT WOULD YOU CHARGE FOR 2 DAYS OPERATE THE PLATFORM EQUIPMENT when it  wasnt in the price.

NATIONWIDE charge £45 per hour with minimum 8 hours = £360 .

What would you charge for 2 days when you hadnt included operating equipment within your quote.

thanks ,
 chris.

Alex Wingrove

Re: What would you do ????????
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 07:31:02 pm »
the same

plus all the time wasted for going there and back, at 45p/h
plus your lads wages

archercleaningserv

Re: What would you do ????????
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 03:47:17 pm »
anyone else got any comments , before i decide what im going to do ?

gary evans

Re: What would you do? Empty promises !
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 06:11:49 am »
Chris

This is a difficult one, something like this i would have driven it myself, & added on some time for down time due to someone else having c/picker.

I personally think you,ll have a better chance of securing the money & not starting  a bad relationship with the site manager, if you increased by your normal day rate for the time behind to be added on. i.e. i think a couple of days @ £150 per day a total of £300 depending on area of work.

Remember he is your contact for signing off, new work & help chasing payment.

Hope this helps

Gary

archercleaningserv

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 01:26:56 pm »
Gary,
    i operated the machine on saturday 7.30 - 5.30 & i will be certainly charging him an extra £200 easily as it slowed my work down and also i had a lad with me that could only stand and watch as their was nothing for him to do.

I have come accross a very tricky couple of windows that i am not prepared to attempt to clean , therefore i will be hiring another operator who is more familiar with the machine at a cost of £350..

Altogether i will definatly be adding on an extra £550 -£700 for all the messing around i have incurred.

As for keeping him sweet , to be honest i have done nothing wrong , they have verbally admitted its all there fault , and im not bothered what happens , had enough now !

Majestic

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 03:11:36 pm »
I am diong a large clean and have hired  a IPAF trained opperator for £20 per hour, from here
http://www.a4access.com/ 

They have just moved to Leeds , so thats not far away from you .
Give them a call , and  ask for Warren , tell him you got his number from John at Majestic Window Cleaning , he might give you a discount

I have come accross a very tricky couple of windows that i am not prepared to attempt to clean , therefore i will be hiring another operator who is more familiar with the machine at a cost of £350..

I got a 27mtr machine and operator from them for less than that

archercleaningserv

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 08:29:30 pm »
thanks john ,
i will phone in the morning and let you know,

many thanks ,
 chris.