This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chrismroberts

Help with pricing a job...
« on: July 20, 2007, 08:09:42 pm »
Hi guys, I've been asked to price quite a large job and to be honest have no idea where to start... I'm reckoning it'll take a couple of days, but does anyone have any advice? I've attached some pictures... hopefully....

I lost count but I know theres 230+ windows, split over 4 floors.

I don't know if anyone else on here is tendering for the same contract, so I'll keep it quiet what I decide, but any pointers would be great. Thanks :)

chrismroberts

Re: Help with pricing a job...
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 08:10:16 pm »
More...

chrismroberts

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 08:11:00 pm »
.....and some more....

chrismroberts

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 08:11:35 pm »
last couple!

JohnL

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 08:26:48 pm »
From previous experience for this type of request it would help if we knew what part of the country you are in.

A sly dig at filling in your personal details on location    ;)
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

chrismroberts

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 08:41:40 pm »
Ahhh yes, my mistake! I'm in North Wales. Will update my location in a mo! :)

JohnL

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 08:42:08 pm »
 :)
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

poles apart

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 08:42:18 pm »
Are you doing the insides as well?, if not then it won't take a couple of days, more like half a day with wfp :)
Rod

chrismroberts

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 08:47:37 pm »
No just the outsides. Half a day?? Really?? I know the previous people took about 16 man hours. It will be just me doing them....

Paul Coleman

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 08:51:12 pm »

In that case a fiver.

JohnL

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 08:52:45 pm »
Access looks good, if its a wfp job and running into 2 days to do a proper job - possibly £200 ish according to local prices, competition and if you want it!

half a day - thats a laugh!   :)

MJH

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 09:17:38 pm »
Depending on how much you want the job(it looks like a nice straight forward one!!) i would say £280-£300 and yes just over 2 days to get them perfect!

aztec

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 09:19:06 pm »
one day one man £175.00 easy job

Clear Vision

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 09:47:09 pm »
Half a day = Half a job!     

full day or more = job well done!

Do you have to clean the windows set back in the roof?

How would you reach them?

Whats the longest pole you have?

archercleaningserv

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2007, 10:01:28 pm »
I have looked at some of your replys to the length of time it would take to clean the windows on this job , and i am seriously taken aback at the thought of cleaning all windows in the pictures in half-a-day ??

The only person i could imagine cleaning within that time would be "BENNY HILL".

If i was quoting i would say 2 days to do a proper job , & i would price it at £350 ,may not get the job looking at some of your other replys as to quote , but it doesnt mean to say the cheapest price would get the job.

I would however say if i did get it, they would get a very good window cleaner & get a very good job done if i won the contract.

You price it at what you think you "believe" is the correct price , basically only you know how good you are !

chris.

chrismroberts

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2007, 10:40:15 pm »

In that case a fiver.

LOL.... that much?! Tis a bit ambitious round these parts! Although I AM the only window cleaner in the village :P

You mean the dormers, or the velux windows? I'm not asked to do the velux, but I am the dormers. My pole is 18 ft at the moment.... but if I were to get the job I'd probably invest in a new one. You think a 35 footer would do the trick?

poles apart

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2007, 10:45:03 pm »
I'm astounded by the reaction to my estimate of half a day to clean these windows! What are you guys on!! There are only 230+ windows. How long do you want to spend!! I do a site with over 450 windows and it takes two of us about 4 - 5 hours and yes it's a good job as I've been doing it for 7 years without complaint. You people need to get real :o (apart from aztec)
Rod

NWH

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 10:55:20 pm »
Half a day,in your dreams wearing a blue suit with a big S on your chest.Without seeing it it`s hard to say but i would quote in the region of 850-£1000,i`ve got a job that`s similar and they want it done just twice a year.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 10:57:43 pm »

In that case a fiver.

LOL.... that much?! Tis a bit ambitious round these parts! Although I AM the only window cleaner in the village :P

You mean the dormers, or the velux windows? I'm not asked to do the velux, but I am the dormers. My pole is 18 ft at the moment.... but if I were to get the job I'd probably invest in a new one. You think a 35 footer would do the trick?

35 ' pole will defo NOT be enough for that I would go with at least a 45' pole maybe with an extra extention section just in case, check the gallery on my website the big pic is a 40' and not really big enough!

Chris

chrismroberts

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 11:34:35 pm »

35 ' pole will defo NOT be enough for that I would go with at least a 45' pole maybe with an extra extention section just in case, check the gallery on my website the big pic is a 40' and not really big enough!

Chris

You mean the 3 storey place with the big chimneys? Is that a 40 footer? Looks like its only just high enough....

Half a day,in your dreams wearing a blue suit with a big S on your chest.Without seeing it it`s hard to say but i would quote in the region of 850-£1000,i`ve got a job that`s similar and they want it done just twice a year.

Whereabouts are you based NWH?