This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

darren72

Re: First couple of days WFP
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 09:44:28 pm »
I did the top frames when i first started 3 months ago they still look good might give them a quick rub twice a year.The thing ive got a problem with is i done a customer a fortnight ago its 2 in a block 1 upstair 1 downstair the old women downstairs does her own and she has started to complain about all the drips on her windows and when they dry in they are a mess ive checked and they are a mess i turned the flow down and still the same so i had to do the flat above with my ladders the only good thing is thats the only house in the street that i dont clean and see to be honest if somebody left drips all over my windows i would do the same. darren

quantum cleaning

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 10:07:51 pm »
mac mac
 been wfp over 3 years 2 teams so I think my advice is good never lost a customer from bad workmanship, good honest chit chat with the customer take on average 5 new customers every week, proof is in the pudding.....................

quantum cleaning

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2007, 10:14:42 pm »
Darren try wiping the cill  when youve done then give her a clean for free at least you wont get ear ache and may be  another job if she`s on the ground floor give her a discount dont forget she gets to see everyone who goes in !!!!

NWH

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2007, 11:03:29 pm »
Macc i completly agree with everything you`ve said,some of the best advice i`ve read on here for sometime for someone just starting out.

chrismroberts

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2007, 11:29:28 pm »
I watched a newbie the other day, he'd taken advice from this forum & window tools forum & to say the least, he was completely wasting his time. both in his technique & his equipment. I give him some honest advice, i know it will take time for any newbie but what he was doing was absolutley laughable to say the least.

Hi Mac, thanks for your advice.  What was he doing wrong?

macmac

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2007, 12:17:50 am »
I watched a newbie the other day, he'd taken advice from this forum & window tools forum & to say the least, he was completely wasting his time. both in his technique & his equipment. I give him some honest advice, i know it will take time for any newbie but what he was doing was absolutley laughable to say the least.

Hi sheepmeister
To be honest he was doing many things a new wfp'er might do, it was not his fault, like i say, it takes a lot of time, effort & trial & error with wfp, it'd take me all night to try & explain. The best tool you can have is knowlage & understanding of exactly what is going on, wfp will clean any glass perfectly every time, no doubt on that, so when it leaves a mark/run/spot whatever, you need to know why & decide how & where it's come from. it's very, very rare for it to be the water purity & is usualy from the top frame.
IMO, there are more top frames that are troublsome to clean than not. All water drips downwards wether it's clean or not. You seem to have a good understanding already of what i'm talking about, just don't think that you MUST clean the top frame or any of the frame, you dont. when a window doesn't come up clean, work out why, then you'll be able to correct the problem & fine-tune your technique.

As for his equipment (sold by a well known supplier).

18ft f/glass pole, he couldn't reach these particular top windows with both hands on the pole. (should've been 24ft).

oval vikan, most of his work is old sash windows, oval's wont cut into the top corners of the bottom section good enough. (should've been rectangular).

No goosneck, not even an angle adaptor on the end of his pole, these houses have 8" deep stone sills. he couldn't get to the bottom of the window so he was in the middle of the road, on his tip-toes, one handed trying to get the bottom of the glass.(absolutley disgraceful of the supplier, should be shot on sight).

tony

macmac

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2007, 12:22:32 am »
Macc i completly agree with everything you`ve said,some of the best advice i`ve read on here for sometime for someone just starting out.

And a wink from squeeks, we'll be meeting up for afternoon tea & scones next. ;D ;D ;D

tony

NWH

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2007, 12:26:08 am »
For a minute i thought you had missed my remark about your post there Macc,blimey i was starting to think you didn`t know what you were talking about until tonight LOL.

macmac

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2007, 12:41:09 am »
For a minute i thought you had missed my remark about your post there Macc,blimey i was starting to think you didn`t know what you were talking about until tonight LOL.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You know what it's like, it's just so hard to try & explain some aspects of wfp with typing words on a forum, i do do my best to give good honest advise & also realise that i'm not perfect & that what works for one may not for another. I'm very passionate about wfp advise, especially to newbies, as i learned the hard way with bad advise & sold wrong poles & brushes etc. i pulled my bag out for the first 12 months at least, all down to bad advise & equipment when it could have been so much easier with the right knowlage to start with.
Do i rant a bit sometimes?

tony

djhaydn

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2007, 07:48:51 am »
tony, go to bed early then read my post again, i gave no advise to anyone, i was stating what i was told on this forum and what othe wfp`s have told me to do, so i may be a one year old talking s**t, so does that make all the wfp`s who told me what to do sound like one year olds?
think before you come on here and start steaming into newbies, i dont take it very lightly, im on here for advise and if i get it i pass it on, and yes the job i do i do well, my customers are happy otherwise i wouldn`t of posted on here telling people.

Wrekin C S

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2007, 07:50:09 am »
Im just starting out myself with WFP and have only done my own windows - just wanted to know if its necessary to do frames on custies house?

I see what you mean by runs from the top frame though as I got this problem when I did mine - think I need some more practise before I go out and do new customers!

chrismroberts

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2007, 04:14:17 pm »

Hi sheepmeister
To be honest he was doing many things a new wfp'er might do, it was not his fault, like i say, it takes a lot of time, effort & trial & error with wfp, it'd take me all night to try & explain. The best tool you can have is knowlage & understanding of exactly what is going on, wfp will clean any glass perfectly every time, no doubt on that, so when it leaves a mark/run/spot whatever, you need to know why & decide how & where it's come from. it's very, very rare for it to be the water purity & is usualy from the top frame.
IMO, there are more top frames that are troublsome to clean than not. All water drips downwards wether it's clean or not. You seem to have a good understanding already of what i'm talking about, just don't think that you MUST clean the top frame or any of the frame, you dont. when a window doesn't come up clean, work out why, then you'll be able to correct the problem & fine-tune your technique.

As for his equipment (sold by a well known supplier).

18ft f/glass pole, he couldn't reach these particular top windows with both hands on the pole. (should've been 24ft).

oval vikan, most of his work is old sash windows, oval's wont cut into the top corners of the bottom section good enough. (should've been rectangular).

No goosneck, not even an angle adaptor on the end of his pole, these houses have 8" deep stone sills. he couldn't get to the bottom of the window so he was in the middle of the road, on his tip-toes, one handed trying to get the bottom of the glass.(absolutley disgraceful of the supplier, should be shot on sight).

tony

He didn't have an angle adaptor? At all?? That'd make it almost impossible, surely? Thanks for that. Think I'm gonna need a rectangular brush. I have been having trouble getting into the corners with the oval vikan. Friend of mine swears by Ionics brushes, so might give them a try.

Pure H20 Cleaning Services

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2007, 04:29:45 pm »
If you clean the top of the frame properly everytime and rinse it  well you won't have any proplems. Don't try and save water by not rinsing properly it doesn't work.
In the kingdom of the blind
The one eyed man is king

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2007, 04:33:15 pm »
If you clean the top of the frame properly everytime and rinse it  well you won't have any proplems. Don't try and save water by not rinsing properly it doesn't work.
Usually, not always.

WFP can never be relied upon.

Pure H20 Cleaning Services

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2007, 04:35:32 pm »
I think it's more the man behind the pole that lets the clean down!
In the kingdom of the blind
The one eyed man is king

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2007, 05:47:31 pm »
Maybe, but it's still inconsistent.

chrismroberts

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2007, 06:07:51 pm »

Surely this will take up more time as it requires time for the top frame to dry off??

How are you getting on with WFP Squeaky? Do your customers seem to be adapting to it?

I think the reason its inconsistent is that results cannot be checked at eye level, or straight away? If they could be checked straight away, problems could be solved.

macmac

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2007, 06:19:10 pm »
tony, go to bed early then read my post again, i gave no advise to anyone, i was stating what i was told on this forum and what othe wfp`s have told me to do, so i may be a one year old talking s**t, so does that make all the wfp`s who told me what to do sound like one year olds?
think before you come on here and start steaming into newbies, i dont take it very lightly, im on here for advise and if i get it i pass it on, and yes the job i do i do well, my customers are happy otherwise i wouldn`t of posted on here telling people.

I've now been to bed & errrrrrrrrrr, thought ??? & guess what? i'll not be editing my post :o
It's nothing personal mate, i was using you as an example, i'm on here to help people like yourself & be helped myself.
But how can you say you do your job well after only one week?
How do you know your custy's are happy after one week?
Why pass on advise that you don't actually know is correct?

After 6 to 12 months wfp & once you've done your entire round a good few times + various new & different jobs & used a few different poles & brushes you will think & work completely different to what you do now & who knows, i may even take you seriously ;D

tony

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2007, 06:27:43 pm »
How are you getting on with WFP Squeaky? Do your customers seem to be adapting to it?
I'm happier using it (when it doesn't break down ::)).
Customers generally don't like it though.

I've got a few who say it's done a good job, and they're happy.
But at least 20 people have made a point of telling me they preferred the old way.

I reckon if all of them were honest and didn't just put up with it, about 80% aren't keen on it.

chrismroberts

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2007, 06:33:36 pm »
Whys that? They not happy with the results or just not keen on the windows being left wet?

Had a customer the other day say "are you not going to dry them off?" and when I explained it to him he sounded VERY skeptical. Only a £6 account every 2 months but if everyone starts then it might cause problems....