This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stevie G

Re: (Does anyone want this pole??)
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 10:29:59 am »
alex be careful who you take sweet's from mate, they might wanna rub your belly!

jeff1

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 10:31:37 am »
The only way I can see it working is if the base section had VERY small water tank, battery and pump built in? :-[

If that was the case I would imagine it could be quite heavy and only capable of cleaning a couple of window rather than a whole house?

Could be wrong though!

Anyway, well done joe. Nice to see people inventing and building things!

Cant wait to see it.

Matthew
Matt, I can't answer to many posts for Joe, incase I drop a goolie, but I can tell you it has no battery or pump built into it.
and I susspect its capable of cleaning the average 3 bed house (but don't quote me on it, it could be more or it could be less)

Davew

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2007, 11:00:00 am »
So we are talking about a water filled pole for the odd difficult access windows (say a middle terrace) that holds just enough to clean the back of a small house and pumps itself somehow - probably manually like a sprayer backpack that would be easily refillable with no trailing hose etc. So presumably it reaches two stories?
If it was reasonably priced I would have one but I'm not sure it would hold enough water. For me it probably wouldn't get used very often but would be very handy at times.

jouk45

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2007, 12:37:22 pm »
Is the pole similar to a 'Unger's Carbon Tec' Pole as that is similar to what you're describing with a built in flow control and no hoses runing external of the pole or trailing by your feet?

yes it works similar to the carbon tec, except mines is fully telescopic, so no messing around with loads of pole sections,
also no trailing hoses around your feet, and becouse of the way its designed, the flow control switch can be incorporated
anywhere in the pole base,

TVCS

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2007, 12:50:15 pm »
I'd be interested,
Ant
TVCS
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

jouk45

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2007, 12:55:26 pm »
So we are talking about a water filled pole for the odd difficult access windows (say a middle terrace) that holds just enough to clean the back of a small house and pumps itself somehow - probably manually like a sprayer backpack that would be easily refillable with no trailing hose etc. So presumably it reaches two stories?
If it was reasonably priced I would have one but I'm not sure it would hold enough water. For me it probably wouldn't get used very often but would be very handy at times.
the pole itself is not filled with water,   the pole will funtion like a wfp should, only diffrence will be no hoses, plus a built in flow controler, i have clean 4 average windows 4x4 no problem,

twt

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2007, 03:16:27 pm »
im seem to rember joe getting all excited about this idea two years ago and asking peoples opinions nothing came out of that i think this is just another wind up otherwise why would he be on here giving people the chance to steal his "invention".

jeff1

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2007, 03:21:20 pm »
im seem to rember joe getting all excited about this idea two years ago and asking peoples opinions nothing came out of that i think this is just another wind up otherwise why would he be on here giving people the chance to steal his "invention".
Its not a wind up, this is why he is asking for your input, if no one replied to his topic then he knew it would be a waste of time pushing on with his invention.

I have emailed Joe and asked him nicely if he could just even show a little clip of the video.
I await his reply??

jouk45

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2007, 03:50:58 pm »

ok i will get my young lad to take a video of it,  i will only show the pole itself working, not the portable
water part, some time tonight,    i am not afraid to show my invention, as the workings are all internal,
so basicly is not in the public domains eyes to see, the video will be put onto the wfp training academy
first,

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2007, 05:54:53 pm »
Do not show the pole under any circumstances Joe.

It's a brilliant concept, and almost unbelievable unless you've actually seen it, but do not on any account be tempted or goaded into showing it.

There's a few you can trust to keep their gob's shut, keep it that way ;)

EasyClean

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2007, 07:39:06 pm »
If you're using portable water which doesn't require a pump or battery then you must be storing the water in a small pressurised accumulator or expansion tank, probably 8 to 24litres, am I correct about the method of water storage?
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

jouk45

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2007, 08:12:16 pm »
Do not show the pole under any circumstances Joe.

It's a brilliant concept, and almost unbelievable unless you've actually seen it, but do not on any account be tempted or goaded into showing it.

There's a few you can trust to keep their gob's shut, keep it that way ;)
its ok, no one can see the internal of the pole anyway, it looks and functions like any other wfp, except the hose and flow controler problem has been solved, i am puting the video on show at around 9pm,