This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SparklingWC

Transporting ladders...
« on: July 19, 2007, 06:36:53 pm »
Hi, as i have only just started window cleaning and do not yet have the funds to purchase a van or the insurance etc etc, and the fact i dont have a car license (i ride a motorbike).
i have to carry the ladders and buckets of water and any equipment i use. this is fine for local areas some times, but can not only be annoying and difficult but sometimes painful on my shoulder.
if you were in this position how would you transport your ladders? some people have suggested buying/making a trolly, but having a 3.5m, 2 section ladder on the side of a trolly just seems to be asking for trouble when near cars and corners etc. are there any ways to transport them easily? or if a trolly is the only answer, then what designs are best and easiest?

mogy

Re: Transporting ladders...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 07:20:53 pm »
some old timers used to  manage with a trolly , I know of two local  w/c who still walk there rounds, they seem to arange the round so it is all in "line" that is they leave there ladders at the end of the days work in a friendly customers garden then carry on the next day, ending up home at the end .
Seems easiery to take  driving lessons
 Good luck  :D

colley614

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 07:23:23 pm »
I tried to get set up with out a car a few years back and found it extremely difficult. So I went and worked for a local firm and then done my driving lessons until I could drive then when I decided to give it another go I had transport and a few bob in the bank.

sussex187

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 07:30:25 pm »
ther is an old boy around here who had from what i can make out manufactured his own trolley on the back of a pushbike with steel tubes and pram wheels he been using it for years ........dunno about going up and down the ladders all day and cycling between jobs tho legs ache enough sometimes after work just using ladders lol

MJH

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 09:19:31 pm »
you could always leave them in a customers back garden if they don't mind, it would save you lugging them about all over the place, i know of a guy that did it for a year when he lost his licence. Its possible but not easy!

pjulk

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 11:18:32 pm »
Get a sidecar for your motorbike and a set of fold up ladders that you can put in the sidecar.

Paul

SparklingWC

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 09:01:50 am »
thanks for all the suggestions, i think looking into a trolly design will be an option im going to have to look at, along with leaving the ladders at someone's house for the night to get the round done.

thanks again.

Davew

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 09:13:44 am »
Get a sidecar for your motorbike and a set of fold up ladders that you can put in the sidecar.

Paul

Wallace and Grommit?