Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Why?

Why?
75%
3 (75%)
Why?
25%
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Phil Mitchell

conservatory roof
« on: July 17, 2007, 08:13:45 pm »
This afternoon a regular customer asked me for a price to clean her con roof. Its approx 15 foot long and 8 foot deep and slopes away from the roof. Seeing as it was so clean I just asked for £3 per section, £15 total. I know this is cheap but it really wouldnt have taken me more than 15 minutes.
When I told her how much her face was a picture! "HOW MUCH!!! Your a rip off merchant"
Ive always known she was abit mad but that takes the p. She then went right into one about the price of her windows (£2 up,£10 down,£6 con/ £18 total) as well moaning that they should be cheaper now I'm using WFP.
I just walked off. Some people can seem so nice and then turn into miserable sods.
I might have lost a customer but at least I've still got my pride.

Chris Cottrell

Re: conservatory roof
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 08:18:03 pm »
Hello Phil

Nice to see your still with us

I gave you a toot in L.Stratton a couple of weeks ago as you were coming out of the bakers I think, but dont think you saw me

Chris

Phil Mitchell

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 08:26:21 pm »
In a world of my own Chris!
Custy told me the other day another cleaner was about under cutting me!!!
Do you want the one mentioned above? Shes all yours for a score lol

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 08:28:15 pm »
er let me think .... er naa  not if she think £18 is too much she wont like my price that for sure

NWH

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 08:28:28 pm »
Hello Phil if it was in a state and they normally are when they ask you to do them for that size depending on if she had a plastic funny shaped peice along the top and wanted that cleaned aswell,i would charge anything from £50-80 for that size.Those kind of jobs i don`t want to do especially for a customer with an attitude like hers,but if i do fancy doing one it`s got to be worth while.If a builder or painter had to clean a roof that size off they would drag it out and make a day of it,sounds to me like she got it done for nothing.Lets face it apart from us lot it`s only builders or painters who would do the job and dragging the job out it`s going to cost her more than between £50-80.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 08:36:52 pm »
how are you getting on with that duo trim brush Phil & hows that pole wearing?

Phil Mitchell

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 08:40:08 pm »
I didnt do it NWH. Im not going back to do her windows either. No more Mr nice guy.

Phil Mitchell

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 08:46:33 pm »
The brush works well Chris but bought another one last week as the edges were starting to look abit ropey.
Cleans really well and keeps out the way when rinsing. Only problem is fixing them to the pole as they have no thread. Elbow joint does and the first brush screwed on making its own thread but the new one is having none of it. Any ideas?

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 08:50:24 pm »
The brush works well Chris but bought another one last week as the edges were starting to look abit ropey.
Cleans really well and keeps out the way when rinsing. Only problem is fixing them to the pole as they have no thread. Elbow joint does and the first brush screwed on making its own thread but the new one is having none of it. Any ideas?

Maybe put it on angle adapter then screw a self taper screw in to hold in place

Phil Mitchell

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 08:59:56 pm »
Good idea but wouldnt that stop me from being able to adjust it when working at an angle?
Its the thread that allows me to twist it and the elbow joint to move up and down. How does your brush adjust? Does it screw onto a thread?

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 09:08:20 pm »
How does your brush adjust?
Does it screw onto a thread?

Mine like most others are fixed at the thread and adjust via the angle adapter , if you want more at the thread end try a swivel adapter http://www.vastsupplies.co.uk/product.php?productid=3883&cat=0&page=1

Phil Mitchell

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 09:23:26 pm »
Thanks Chris, I'll give it a go :D