Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matt

Re: MONEY
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2007, 08:30:13 pm »
All i`m saying is a lot of wcs say that they do the job so they can have spare time to do this and that fair enough,but some of them spend an awful lot of time on forums when they could be playing golf or out doing this and that.

indeed

i should have added that

so mr X doesnt choose to " be lazy" and spend time with family / play golf / go fishing / spend time on the net ?? ?? ??

afterall spending time on the net is a hobby to a fair few these days, i know i often while away a few hours online

Mr.G

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2007, 08:55:55 pm »

I'm on the net now and it's 8.55 and still kinda daylight outside.. AAARGH! I should be out cleaning WINDOWS! *hangs head in shame*

~Mr Laidback'n'lazy~

Mr.G

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2007, 09:10:29 pm »
Hi matt, hope you had a good holiday?
 Plumbstop in your home town did an ace job of making me up some connectors yesterday, for fitting hosepipes to the canister, so now I can get some resin for it, in fact I'll order it this evening.

matt

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2007, 10:42:58 pm »
Hi matt, hope you had a good holiday?
 Plumbstop in your home town did an ace job of making me up some connectors yesterday, for fitting hosepipes to the canister, so now I can get some resin for it, in fact I'll order it this evening.

yes mate, a nice holiday in tenby, not bad weather, 2 nice days, 2 oercast days and 1 completly rain day, nothing like we had here, my mum house / dog sat and said it rained every day

glad you got sorted, and once again sorry for being "lazy" in not repling to your e.mail, i ccmpletely forgot about it, i read theover 200 emails i had on my return and was going to get back to the people who needed a reply, i forgot  ::)

glad your sorted and now not usning them "evil darkside company" bit of kit ;), welcome to the free world  :P

Mr.G

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2007, 11:00:29 pm »
that's ok mate, Ive got a brain like a sieve so i can identify with forgetting stuff..

thanks for putting me on the right track to escape from Darkside LTD'S clutches :)

KarlJones

« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2007, 12:16:02 am »
I really do not know if any of you will understand this, so I am going to try my hardest to explain what I am trying to achieve.

My plan is this, I want to earn enough money so I can give lots of it away.  I plan to do this through investing but I need to earn money in order to invest it.  So I want to earn the money as fast as I can, at the same time I enjoy meeting and talking with people.

As it happens, I find I can do both, I can talk while I work.  Maybe I am not fast, and maybe some spend it faster than they earn it, personally as long as I am (or intend to) earn it faster than I spend it, and then have the spare, which in turn is earning some more while I sleep, I do not see a problem.

The trick to happiness and success, for me, is this, work so you can make your money work for you so you can give lots away.

You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2007, 07:41:02 am »

I want to earn enough money so I can give lots of it away.

A nobler plan Ive yet to hear, I'm sure a bank transfer would suffice, Ill e-mail you my bank details.

:-*

steve k

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2007, 09:25:24 am »

I want to earn enough money so I can give lots of it away.

A nobler plan Ive yet to hear, I'm sure a bank transfer would suffice, Ill e-mail you my bank details.

:-*

I entirely agree with your sentiments Matty and if I can also help, I will send a standing order form to Karl to assist him with the administration of his charitable venture. Three cheers for Karl...would £2k a month be pushing it?

KarlJones

« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2007, 12:31:28 pm »
Haaha, Its not really about nobility or charity lol.  Its just that most people want to spend all there money on themselves.  I used to be that way and was very very poor (I do not need a lot).  Now I enjoy spending my money on other people and as a result I have to earn more.

It is actually quite enjoyable giving stuff away. 

steve k

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2007, 05:04:17 pm »
have you been reading "Rich Dad, Poor Dad"?

KarlJones

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2007, 09:58:55 pm »
No, I actually picked up "rich dad, poor dad 2" once and it ended up in my house, I read about a page of it as it went on about who you are in relation to where you see yourself.  To be honest I thought it was a load of tripe lol.  Actually it is probably good but it did not hit my spot if you get what I mean.

But your right, my attitude changed when I seeked out motivational types of books and realised that I had little in the way of go about me due to the fact I had no reason.

Is the original "rich dad, poor dad" any good?

steve k

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2007, 10:11:00 pm »
well the rich dads philosophy is to accumulate assets that produce passive income and to give a lot of the excess money away...still not sure why though?

KarlJones

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2007, 10:48:38 pm »
It makes the people around you happier, thats what I was trying to say when I was saying that it isn't noble and charity.  It is quite nice to make people happy and to surround yourself with happy people.  I think thats the best explanation I can give.

Investing itself is risky by its very nature, but it tends to work if you stay in the game long enough.  Most people do not invest or invest badly due to the risk factors.  You wouldn't invest money in a share for instance if you ever needed that money back.  Sure you might move it about, but in general you invest money that you are totally 100% willing to say goodbye to.  Now there is a very good chance if you do some homework that you will end up turning that 100% into 200% in just a few years and thats a sort of target.   If everything works out fine and dandy then you do OK and you not only have lots of money for yourself but also big enough chunks to make the folk around you happy also.  If it does not work out then you have probably not really lost that much of your life times earnings. 

Now lets say you were investing for a house or something like that.  It is quite easy to get a house quickly by investing, it just needs a lot of luck lol.  But the point is that if you are investing for that reason then you will probably find it pretty hard to reach the goal.  The reason is that your money will always be scared of being in the market for too long.   Generally speaking a good investment plan, no matter how good, will always have ups and downs.  Do not kid yourself that the ups rule out the downs, it can take a lifetime to make back a serious loss. 

The up shot of the above babble is that if you invest seriously then you need a good reason to be doing it.  Material things alone are rarely a strong enough reason to keep you on track.  You need something else, some might call it spiritual or whatever you want to call it, you need something bigger than a house and a car.

But, if a cup of tea stood in the way of my investments then I am afraid the investments would have to wait.  I like a cup of tea occasionally. 

AuRavelling79

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2007, 10:56:59 pm »
Karl - do you you have any particular beneficiaries in mind? Family, friends people you do not yet know? Organisations?

Do you remember that programme where wealthy people that wanted to give away tens of thousands of pounds posed as "down and outs" to suss out who would make good use of their gifts? People that ran clubs for disadvantaged people or who wanted to set up their own small business to get off benefits were the ones that got the dosh.
It's a game of three halves!

KarlJones

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2007, 11:29:48 pm »
Yea, the secret millionaire, it was very good.

I would say friends and family are obvious, its a given that I would throw some things in their direction (probably not cash though).

People I do not know, I am not so sure of.  Probably because I do not know them lol.  It starts to become more like charity and less like some sort of distribution of wealth.  In saying that there is perhaps one group of people I would like to help.

2 years ago I had just come out of a hostel with my son.  I had nothing, not a chair, not a cooker, not a fridge nothing except stuff in black plastic bags (I did have a lot of those though haha!) no job and not a fat lot of hope for the short distant future.  Every six months round where I live they have a thing called a "throw out", where everyone throws out there old un wanted stuff and the bin men come round and spend the whole day trying to fit it all into numerous dustbin lorrys.

Most of everything I own, even the leather computer chair I am sitting on, came to me this way.  I eventually managed to get something that slightly resembled an income through cleaning windows.  Recently I have thrown myself into once again after almost giving up.  This throwing myself into it involves getting a nice 04 plated berlingo via a loan off my family, and also a big over draft to get WFP stuff.  Obviously cleaning the windows and getting customers is the main part though.

So, going back a bit, sorry this is going on, when I was in the hostel I admit I cried, not because I was sad but because I was happy.  My son was 3 years old, it was cold outside but we were warm as toast in our beds.  I remember as if it was yesterday this weird feeling and saying to myself "Someone has done this for me, society has done this for me, I owe society".

So obviously I understand what it is like to be in a hostel, it actually is very nice or at least mine was.  Most of us didn't want to move out (the hostel had stuff like cookers and we didn't own them). 

I would like to solve that problem, giving someone I do not know a cooker and a fridge. You take them for granted (cooker and fridge) until someone has just given you keys to a flat and taken the cooker and fridge you have been using away from you.

I know, I babbled again. 

JM123

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2007, 11:38:19 pm »
Karl

I am lost for words. 

Inspirational.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

pylofm

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2007, 07:46:07 am »
Well....Karl....what a great storey of challenges....well done and I am sure that your son will be very proud of your when he is able to fully understand what you have done for the both of you.

Well done...

Dave.

Dean Aspects

« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2007, 08:06:37 am »
Wow Karl
it sounds like you have a completely different view of life to most due to your experiences in life  well done for coming through and having the view to help rather than the view of taking

I am humbled by you ....but i am not going to cry

:'( :'( :'(
Damn i cried

AuRavelling79

« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2007, 08:09:37 am »
What a positive view on life Karl! Brilliant.
It's a game of three halves!

matt

« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2007, 08:59:59 am »
a good read Karl

good luck with your plans

ive worked in some hostels ( when i was a carpenter ) and ive seen thje smallest things make people with less happy, i was once sent to fit a peice of net curtain wires above a window, the lady, said " we really needed a curtain track, but the hostel couldnt afford it "

so i thought sod it, and fitted 1 anyways, sure i was getting apid anyway, i didnt pay for the item either, but it felt good as she didnt have to hang the curtain in the room over 2 nails