Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matt

Re: MONEY
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2007, 11:22:43 pm »
i pride myself on having time for the customer

i know its my downfall, i read all the "earning" posts on here and i know i could make a few extra quid a day by not chatting to them

for example, i allways have a cuppa of this old dear i do, she told me on monday she hadnt seen any1 since the last time i called  :( :(, she asked me to do the kitchen inside, i did it od course, she then asked how much she owed me extra, i didnt want anything to be honest, the place is worth 6 quid, she gave me a extra £, i really didnt want it, whats 5 mins of my time, hey, thats what my rich tax pays for ;)

macmac

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2007, 11:29:57 pm »
As usual Matt I agree. ;D

I often rush through my work, but I never turn down a drink or biscuits.
If you can't spare a couple of minutes for a customer then you must be desperate.

It does wonders for customer relations and your reputation to have time for people.
Being impersonal won't make you look good. :-\

If it wasn't for the time I've given customers over the years and relationships I've built up, I bet WFP would have lost me a lot more people.
As it is, a lot gave me a second or third chance.

Couldn't agree more ;)

tony

NWH

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2007, 11:31:13 pm »
Blimey Mac we agree again.

macmac

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2007, 11:45:24 pm »
Blimey Mac we agree again.

It must be something in the air, i don't often agree with squeeks either ;D

tony

NWH

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2007, 11:52:31 pm »
The only thing in the air down here mate is rain.

macmac

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2007, 11:56:25 pm »
The only thing in the air down here mate is rain.

Ha, i've been plastered in factor 50 sun cream all day ;D

tony

Mr.G

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2007, 01:11:50 am »

i know its my downfall, i read all the "earning" posts on here and i know i could make a few extra quid a day by not chatting to them

for example, i allways have a cuppa of this old dear i do, she told me on monday she hadnt seen any1 since the last time i called  :( :(, she asked me to do the kitchen inside, i did it od course, she then asked how much she owed me extra, i didnt want anything to be honest, the place is worth 6 quid, she gave me a extra £, i really didnt want it, whats 5 mins of my time, hey, thats what my rich tax pays for ;)

how much rich tax did you have to charge, for spending a big chunk of your working afternoon chatting to me about trolleys and stuff, matt!

matt

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2007, 08:31:16 am »

how much rich tax did you have to charge, for spending a big chunk of your working afternoon chatting to me about trolleys and stuff, matt!

i allways have time for a chat :)

did you sort out your resin thing, i was on holiday when you e.mailed me, i just remmbered i idnt reply when i got home

r4g1t

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2007, 10:52:32 am »
i have a lot of elderly customers, and they stand at their front door when they see me coming with a fiver in one hand and a life time of stories to tell me.... i love talking to them, its what the job is all about. you shouldnt have to rush in this job, if you cant find time to stop for a chat and a brew and still make a good living, then youre doing something wrong

Paul Coleman

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2007, 02:31:59 pm »
i have a lot of elderly customers, and they stand at their front door when they see me coming with a fiver in one hand and a life time of stories to tell me.... i love talking to them, its what the job is all about. you shouldnt have to rush in this job, if you cant find time to stop for a chat and a brew and still make a good living, then youre doing something wrong

Not doing anything wrong now.  Just paying for being with the wrong woman too long (a spendthrift who I left some while back) and then being unable to work for 6 months due to a bad illness.  Until you've had to charge around trying to make good such a financial shortfall, it can be difficult to empaphise.  I used to be like you with my chat for the customers.  If I did it now, I would end up going under financially.  I do currently have gaps in my work but I fill those by knocking out more leaflets.

Neil_A

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2007, 05:57:18 pm »
Im not lazy but i like to work at my own pace and do things the way im happy with... Ive had many cups of tea with customers on days im not very busy... But sometimes i stop and think... that 30minutes i just sat there for i could of got another job done! then makes me think... im going to finish work half hour later...

i need to stop thinking  ::)

And ofcorse we all want to earn as much money as we can.... is this not natral???
GRADE 'A'

simon knight

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2007, 06:19:14 pm »
For me the beauty of this job is you can work at whatever pace you like, have a chat to some of your customers and coffee stops.

I don't rush i used to but now i just plod along.
Im happy with what i earn.
I know i can do quite a bit more if i really got a move on but im not in this job for that im doing this job for the flexibility it gives.

The way i look at it is what does not get done today will wait until tomorrow.

Paul

100% agree.

There's a nice little living to be made from this job. If people want to earn mega-bucks why don't they become Investment bankers?

pylofm

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2007, 06:25:31 pm »
The true advantage of this job and is having the options....time to make money and today I sat on a bench at the animal park and watched goats, chickens. rabbits and a couple of little shetland ponies....does'nt that just make you glad you have the choices... ;D ;D oh and made my target ... 8) 8)

simonwonder

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2007, 06:49:20 pm »
freedom is why i do it
money  versus being there for my kids
getting the balance right
quality and then quantity
as i offer more than  just window cleaning every cup of tea(coffee ) is always a great time to market the other services that i provide be it before during or after the window cleaning  a true connection
 time spent listening to the clients problems is a good time to prospect for other solutions to their problem to see if we can help
i think we have to understand life is to short to be money obsessed 

matt

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2007, 06:53:39 pm »
i had the day off

my little girls pre school sports day

then

off for a fruit smoothie

then

home for a play in the garden and on the trampoline

sure, ive earned nowt today, yesterday rained and i didnt earn hardly anything, so this week ive had 1 day of earning, life tough ;)

neil100

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2007, 07:28:00 pm »
Choices, Choices.

One mans meat is another mans poison.

Three young freinds all deicide to be window cleaners.

Mr lazy just wants enough money to make ends meet and a bit to spare. He works 5 days a week a couple of hours a day and easrns £200 a week. Hes Happy.

Mr Laidback wants to be comftable and able to afford that extra holiday and that nice little sports car, he does not want to work 24/7 but works harder then Mr lazy working 4 days a week working 7 hours a day and earns £600 a week. Hes Happy.

Mr Planner decides he will work as hard as he can, He does not want to work for the next 45 years before he retires, But will work hard for 30years then retire, So he works at a higher tempo then his mates Mr Lazy and Mr Laidback. He decides youth is on his side working an 8 hour day will give him £200 a day, Thats £1,000 a week with the option of working the weekend if behind. Hes happy.

Their is no right way or wrong way to run your w/cleaning buisness so long as your not living in poverty due to not cleaning enough windows. Its a choice we all make as to how much we are happy to earn.

Nel

NWH

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2007, 07:31:44 pm »
Everybody who cleans windows wants to be the 3rd one,it`s more of a case of being lazy by nature not by choice as to who is no1 or no2.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2007, 07:49:42 pm »
I always start my days work with the one aim of finishing the days round (which is always a set amount of jobs, so the money is decided ahead of time) in the most efficient manner possible so that I can get home and spend more time with my lovely wife and kids. Simple, so why spend longer than I really need to?

I do see a lot of my fellow WC'ers sat in their vehicles having extended 'coffee breaks' and cafe stops. They are happy so that's fine but I would rather be home an hour earlier.

matt

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2007, 07:59:29 pm »
Everybody who cleans windows wants to be the 3rd one,it`s more of a case of being lazy by nature not by choice as to who is no1 or no2.

what a statement to make

so mr X doesnt choose to " be lazy" and spend time with fmily / play golf / go fishing ?? ?? ??

think about it  ::) ::)

NWH

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2007, 08:07:36 pm »
All i`m saying is a lot of wcs say that they do the job so they can have spare time to do this and that fair enough,but some of them spend an awful lot of time on forums when they could be playing golf or out doing this and that.