This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

m.b.s.

ladder safty
« on: July 16, 2007, 09:40:09 pm »
any one no any think about the new ladder law what is supose to be comming in to force cans and carnt do,s ???

mogy

Re: ladder safty
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 11:10:32 pm »
No,p an sick of reading bout it ........no matter what comes into force , who is  going to enforce it ?

pjulk

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 11:16:04 pm »
Another New ladder law.

Or are you on about working at heights which came into force in april 2005

Mr.G

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 11:20:34 pm »
don't worry, ladders are still legal, despite the claims of certain wfp system salesmen!

tacky

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 11:31:18 pm »
u can be rest assured that wfp sales men .ar pushing for ladder ban .not for our safety but to line their pockets . mind u im old fashion .but my backpack is on the way .  JUST IN CASE

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 11:38:17 pm »
The 'Ladders are illegal' crowd really annoy me. Two years ago I nearly lost several custies because they believed all the hype in the media about it. I do believe WFP has to be the safer way to clean windows at hieght but I feel the choice should be ours as ladders can also be used safely if used correctly.

tacky

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 11:44:57 pm »
i ll second that M C   well said

rosskesava

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 11:56:33 pm »
Ladders are legal for short duration work at height, which includes window cleaning, upto a height of 6m provided some sort of stabilisation is use which can be just the rubber feet on the ladder.

Also, all you have to decide before hand is if ladders are the best way of doing the job and have a means to do the job with another method. So carry a set of extendable poles with you and at the job, decide which is best for the job being done.

That basically, is the law now.

As for who is going to enforce it, who knows? Rather like the law about using a mobile phone while driving? I still see mobiles being used while driving just as sometimes I see some of the most idiotic things being done window cleaning.

Cheers
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

roo

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 11:17:28 pm »
what do u men "extension poles."

roo

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 11:18:47 pm »
Ladders are legal for short duration work at height, which includes window cleaning, upto a height of 6m provided some sort of stabilisation is use which can be just the rubber feet on the ladder.

Also, all you have to decide before hand is if ladders are the best way of doing the job and have a means to do the job with another method. So carry a set of extendable poles with you and at the job, decide which is best for the job being done.

That basically, is the law now.

As for who is going to enforce it, who knows? Rather like the law about using a mobile phone while driving? I still see mobiles being used while driving just as sometimes I see some of the most idiotic things being done window cleaning.

Cheers