This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sunshine windows

Finally!!!
« on: July 16, 2007, 04:46:40 pm »
Hi all,

Well, wish me luck.

I'm off to Grimsby tonight, ready to have a system fitted in the van tomorrow.

Couldn't have come a moment too soon either. Had to get rid of my helper last week and am already half a weeks work behind.

Hopefully i'll be able to keep up with the workload on my own once i get the hang of things.

Will post again Weds to let you all know what it's like.  ;D

Regards,
Lance
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

RO-Sheen

Re: Finally!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 05:05:19 pm »
Well done to the both of you. I was in similar situation 2 years ago. I was stuck in a job I didnt enjoy, found this website, got loads of help and now I have an 18 month old business that is going from strength to strength.
If you havent been out with a wfper yet for some experience and tips I recommend it. I was out with Easyclean in Banbury and Woodley washers in.....................erm........Woodley(!) and learnt loads from them both.
If either of you want a day out I will gladly pass on my knowledge and help you out as much as I can. I'm in Witney (west oxfordshire)
Adie
Formerly known as GARGAAX

JM123

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 05:23:10 pm »
Ady, what you been up to?

You've been lying low. :D
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 05:39:39 pm »
Best of luck Sunshine windows.

Luke I've been impressed by your enthusiasm and energy, and I pity your poor old dad trying to keep up with you. Most of us have this knocked out of us as we grow older so hang onto it as long as you can.

Don't forget your education either, if you want to make a real mark, do a book keeping course, and learn more about the computer programmes for business (outlook etc).

drakestar!

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 06:19:44 pm »
how much are you paying for your van installs? & who from? im trying to see whats best. thanks

edd

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 10:02:05 pm »
come and help me im 6 / 8 weeks behind ??? and im hot wash which imo I think is quicker

steve k

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 07:59:01 am »
reply to Rainwater

I go into everything with 100%, when I decided i would be a window cleaner I also decided I would have to be the best one, I'm sorry but i don't do things by half measures. Both me and my dad are perfectionists and I treat window cleaning as a trade. I would treat any job ( even a short term job ) as a priority and to be as effecient and knowledgeable as possible. I have spoken to other wfpers and they don't even have aclue what I'm talking about, I have double if not triple their experience with wfp without even earning a penny. I cleaned my house for the first time a few weeks ago, I had never held a pole and I cleaned it spotless with a td of 34 in just 20 mins ( the house was very dirty at the back ). I love to now everything about everything, I watch "how it works" on discovery!!!( my mates think I'm crazy). I suppose I am a sponge for information, and the forum is the water!!!!

you have some technical knowledge but no experience...a lot to learn out on the job.
The first thing you will learn when you get your van set up is how ridiculously simple the set up is and you will vow next time to do it yourself for about £500.00

groundhog

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 08:30:05 am »
Hey Luke you must have a very small house mate and not very good eyesight if you reckon that you cleaned it in 20 mins on a first clean with very dirty windows and a tds of 34 and got them spotless ;D
I agree with Steve about setting up your own system, it is so easy and would save you a lot of money!!!!!!
ps is the payload on your van high enough for a 650ltr system?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 05:47:26 pm »
Luke - that is interesting - a spotless clean with 34tds. What kind of windows have you got? White UPVC?
It's a game of three halves!

john tomkins

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 07:31:44 pm »
Luke,
Lighten up :P
What do you expect, you come on here spouting how good you are how you are gonna be the best window cleaner, that you are a perfectionist, and you got double if not triple others experience and you are that knowledgeable that other WFPers dont even know what you are talking about when you chat to them.
You've even done a first clean on your house (never held a pole before) in 20 mins using 34 tds and it's perfect, and you love to know everything about everything ::)

Don't be too big headed, it'll backfire on you one day.

joe.b

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 08:17:02 pm »
bloody hell the lads high spirited and wants to do well, good luck to you mate, the people that haven't got any want to learn and be high spirited aint going get no where, that might be because you've got kicked in the balls but dont pull the lad down.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 08:24:27 pm »
Luke - that is interesting - a spotless clean with 34tds. What kind of windows have you got? White UPVC?

Nah.  Obscure glass   :)

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 08:26:26 pm »

Nah.  Obscure glass   :)

lmao

NWH

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 08:34:30 pm »
Don`t worry Luke keep going mate,i`m not saying Groundhog is a grouch but he was complaining the other day cos he only got 6 numbers on the lottery.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 08:37:55 pm »
Don`t worry Luke keep going mate,i`m not saying Groundhog is a grouch but he was complaining the other day cos he only got 6 numbers on the lottery.

Must have been the daily play lottery.

groundhog

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 07:45:47 am »
Hey Luke I'm not being negative at all, in fact I tried to give you some good advice about putting together your own system which would have saved you ££££'s. But I think you were getting a bit carried away with telling us all how brilliant you are, and I can smell bulls##t a mile off!!!
ps I haven't won the lottery :(

steve k

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2007, 12:58:35 pm »
Infact I'm not being big headed at all, go back to my first post, I say that I owe all my experience to people on the forums and thank them all for their advice, and without them I would be using a trolley.....I know more about wfp than people who don't do research not more than the people on here. for some reason people seem to blow everything out of proportion on this forum, after all without seeing peoples facial expressions it can be hard to understand them very well and understand their motives. Using text and smilies is far from the best way of communicating with other humans, it's hard enough using the phone!!! I don't think I'm the best, I want to be the best, and to be honest that isn't really unreasonable. I'm 17 and there is only 1 other wfper around here, so by time I am 30 odd I will have alot of experience under my belt, I've heard alot of people say that they wish they had started wfp earlier, I was in school last year, so I have started it as early as possible.

All I'm doing is stating the facts, I am enthusiastic about my job and I did clean my house spotless with a tds of 34 in 20 mins, yes my house is small and has pvc frames but that still is very good for somebody who has never held a pole before, but I have already said I owe any experience I have to the forums. If I had cleaned my house 4 months ago without any knowledge I would have made a mess!! so I'm sorry if I sounded big headed but that is far from the case, why do you think I ask so many questions, surely a "know it all" would rather not ask hunderds of questions, on Peter Fogwills forum, I am famous for asking questions!! Luke

I think you just need to think about alternative vocabulary as you sound like a typical teenager who thinks they know everything witout actually having done anthing.
There is such a thing as "paralysis by analysis"..this WFP thing is really simple and needs very little explanation...just direct your enthusiasm to the practicalities of working and not asking endless questions.

Ayone remember in the late 70`s a comic...could have been The Beano...there was a character who never stopped asking "why Dad, why...?"
The end of the story was always the same... the dad getting so wound up with the contant questions, he put the lad across his knee and gave him the famous Beano 6 of the best!

Pittmonkey

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2007, 01:37:16 pm »
For a 17yr old lad you have a very mature head on your shoulders and suspect you will do very well, every credit to you. If everyone at your age had the same work ethic and enthusiasm we wouldn’t have the streets full of Scallies and Chaves.

I, like you have spent many hours researching and doing my home work and thank everyone around for their help and support. I also get laughed at my wife for watching How’s It made. I’m the same I love to know everything there is to know about anything I’m involved in. Knowledge is my drug. ( I only wish I’d have done it at school)

You come across as very enthusiastic and I personally haven’t interpreted your post any differently. Keep positive don’t let the old buggers ;D grind you down.

Best of luck to you Luke and Sunshine Windows.

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

steve k

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2007, 02:20:24 pm »
with 272 posts in just over a month and your own explanation that:

1) you have triple the experience of other window cleaners
2)you are famous on Peter Fogwills site
3) you have only cleaned our own house

it really is time to fly the nest and start working...

What I would like to know is...do you actually have a round yet?

Luke Johnson

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2007, 02:27:06 pm »
forget it, I'm off, Luke